Author Topic: GOIA memes  (Read 557174 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: GOIO memes
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2015, 07:57:53 am »
Ask Llamas, he will vouch that exact thing happened yesterday!
I sniped a heavy carro in two shots then the turning engine, balloon was at 7 stacks and I was like "Its fine! Keep shooting!"

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2015, 12:07:49 pm »

So after careful calculation, since 2/19/14 I've played 1902 hours which is 19.8% and will increase to 19.9% by the end of my day. Last week of vacation reduced it below 20% but it will be back up by the end of the week. I play a ridiculous amount of this game. Me and the pubs I play with don't have problems with wait time. Problems arise solely from high MMR.

Like Byron explained there are problems when it comes to high MMR. If Muse knows a good fix for that then they'll do it. If you can help Muse fix it then you're free to offer suggestions. Honestly I'd rather newer players have less wait time than vets because vets can pair up together through the friends list. And vets should be playing together instead of going through MM with scrubs but that's just my opinion. I think MM should be optimized for pubs.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:27:53 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2015, 12:31:02 pm »
Its amazing how certain forum users manage to circlejerk with themselves :)

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2015, 04:13:42 pm »
Well since we insist on bringing up 'circlejerks' let's talk about the goio competitive scene  :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:18:09 pm by SteamyNoodle »

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2015, 04:23:30 pm »

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2015, 04:26:56 pm »
I feel the actual definition of meme is quite appropriate considering what this thread devolved into

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/meme

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2015, 04:32:09 pm »
Everything has come full circle...jerk

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2015, 04:56:57 pm »
@Imagine
It's incredibly hard to believe that someone on the internet has not heard the term before, international or not, but 'tis while I posted the definition.

You did, but in an extremely rude way for no apparent reason.

Incorrect on both accounts, or at the very least, that's not what I said. I brought the term up because the last page or so had devolved into a lets shit on matchmaking and Muse party, and it was pretty annoying.

And this is wrong, how? People make fun from all kinds of stuff, from various mistakes, nerfing pyramidion, minotaur gun, bugs, noobs and all other stuff. If you have a problem with people having different opinion than you then that's too fucking bad. Also, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

I mean, I'm just callin' em like I see em. Any time Matchmaking is brought up the same group of like 6 people sit around yelling about how awful it is and how much they hate it.

Then, lowering to this kind of school of "thought" I should be calling you an asshole, because many times we have a nice thread untill you decide to ruin it. But that's, firstly, rude, and secondly, mostly pointless. Make your argument without insulting anyone or go away.

I've repeatedly said that in no way is matchmaking perfect. The algorithm it uses to match up people is baffling at best, I've give up trying to figure out how exactly it works. Personally I always thought that the high turnover ratio of people who play the game plus the general smaller pool of those to pick from would make it hard to have a consistent baseline of MMR, and that generally seems to be more or less of the case. However, in cases of people arguing against it the like number one thing that gets brought up is about lobbies and how slow the matchmaking is and how it hasn't helped speed up matches is, well, complete and utter bullshit. Ask Muse at a fireside chat. Matches start faster than average now, and while assuredly there's wait times still, anyone who claims that it's going slower now is looking at the old system through rose-colored glasses (since you might not understand that term either, it's basically looking at something in the past and remembering all the good things while leaving out the negatives).

Well all of those may be true, the average wait time is smaller but for some people it increased (the 1-2 free slot lobby example). Also for various reasons matchmaker is not able to create fun (I'm not even saying balanced) lobbies. I pretty much agree with Ceres on that matter.

What actually used to happen is that you'd join a lobby, then wait several minutes, after which your pilot would leave, then a new one would join, then they'd ready up, and then unready, then ready up, then someone on your team goes afk so they unready, then they change ships so the other side changes loadouts, so they both unready to change again, then half would ready, then an opposing captain would leave, then a new one would join, and by now like 3 people in the lobby would be yelling READY UP repeatedly, and you get my point.

While I do miss the ability to join specific lobbies, what I wrote was far more often the case than some magical world where games would start promptly and civilized.

Look, there's a reason Muse identified the issue of games taking too long to start as the biggest problem that needed to be addressed, and, in general, matchmaking has made that much better.

Well, my experiences were different on that matter. I understand your point and, well, you just like matchmaker more. For me, the server browser was better, and the introduction of matchmaker made me stop playing for some time.

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2015, 05:45:35 pm »
Alright guys, enough with the insults (direct or indirect). This thread is here to post memes, it is not meant for deeper discussion on match maker or other game mechanics - let alone foster arguments about differences of opinion regarding them. If you wish to discuss those topics more thoroughly I would suggest you open up your own thread regarding them.

Lets keep this thread on topic.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:47:26 pm by Ayetach »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2015, 05:48:22 pm »
Alright guys, enough with the insults (direct or indirect). This thread is here to post memes, it is not meant for deeper discussion on match maker or other game mechanics - let alone foster arguments about differences of opinion regarding them. If you wish to discuss those topics more thoroughly I would suggest you open up your own thread regarding them.

Lets keep this thread on topic.
please, theres plenty of other threads for this kind of thing

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2015, 06:17:33 pm »

Finally:

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2015, 06:23:50 pm »
In the spirit of things,

When I grow up, I want to be a SkyWhale!

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2015, 10:31:42 am »
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:37:52 am by MagKel »

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2015, 10:35:28 am »

:'(

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2015, 04:13:05 pm »

:'(
I feel your pain.
via Imgflip Meme Maker

Back when Dev Matches still happened, of course (if they still do).