Author Topic: GOIA memes  (Read 557132 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: GOIO memes
« Reply #540 on: June 11, 2015, 09:36:15 am »
When I play on a Munker or pilot a Munker:

I don't see friend or foe. Merely moving targets.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 11, 2015, 09:38:20 am »
One for the year old or older players:

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 11, 2015, 09:40:21 am »
Not to be rude, I was like this on my first day.
 :P

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 11, 2015, 09:42:09 am »
Another meme for everyone who plays on a ship before I arrive:

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 11, 2015, 09:44:38 am »
When someone gives you a bad recommended loadout such as a Hammer and Pipe wrench.

*I know it is a good loadout for squids but not for other ships.*

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #545 on: June 11, 2015, 09:49:35 am »
When someone gives you a bad recommended loadout such as a Hammer and Pipe wrench.

psssh no. spanner wrench on squids for life.

only thing that needs a wack or two is balloon and main engines. mallet cool down is fatal.

seriously seeing a new noob trend among the scrub vets.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:52:08 am by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 11, 2015, 10:20:22 am »
Pipe wrench and spanner on a squid is a phase a lot of people go through until they realize how to engineer squid properly. You have to move around the ship constantly and pipe wrench hp repair is too low to help you with repairing anything, with light engines having 300hp, armor having 230hp, balloon having 1200hp and light guns having 200hp you can never fully repair anything on a squid with a pipe wrench that heals 120hp.
If you are moving around the ship all the time and your repair rotation because of that is about 7-8 seconds and sometimes more, you might as well have a mallet that can give you more repair for that time - doesn't matter if you have to watch a component finishing cooldown for a second or two afterwards.

When the engines die on the squid and you rebuild and then pipe wrench it, it doesn't even give you full hp engines in contrast to the mallet, which can save you a lot of hassle after hit by hwacha, balloon is obviously in need of a hammer and there is not even a question about that. The only arguable thing is the armor when you are shot by some heavy piercing stuff like a gat, in which some will say that the wasted hp after a mallet hit and the long cooldown is not worth it, I say that the lower hp repair is actually inferior because a lot of the times you are able to escape using the high speed of the squid so you can just mallet it quickly to get full HP instantly and run to the engines being burned to ensure full thrust, while with the pipe wrench the low hp repaired could mean you are stuck on the armor constantly rebuilding and repairing leaving the engines to the other engineer alone meaning you won't have them at optimal HP.

I like thinking of engineering on squids in three stages of thinking:
1. you think that having an engineer on the armor at all times camping it is the default position the engineer should be in, spanner-ing the armor 24/7 while the other engineer shots the side gun and repairs everything at the same time.
2. you no longer camp the hull and have the normal layout of one engineer on side gun and some engines with one engineer on armor and balloon and the remaining engines. But you think that mallet on the squid is bad.
3. you do the same as the second stage, only you use mallet and spanner instead of pipe wrench and spanner.

Also, mallet spanner buff is actually a pretty good loadout for certain ship loadouts that fight very specific ship loadouts as well. It's situational, doesn't mean it's bad.

But hey, all of the above is just my take on engineer loadouts and squids... No one is inclined to think the same.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:23:59 am by Extirminator »

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 11, 2015, 10:22:16 am »
scrub vet.

Well, I certainly would not call myself a veteran but I like this. I will take this as a compliment  8)

The Mann - Scrub Veteran.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 11, 2015, 11:02:27 am »
Sacrificing balloon and engines in return for spanner-wrench tanking hull never made sense to me. Presumably you already have enough wrenches with the wrench buff and gunner/buffengi. Squid survives by maneuverability not armor. I stopped using chem on all engines for similar reasons (spanner mallet chem for mid and left, wrench buff ext for right and support).

There are situations where spanner mallet buff can replace a wrench buff. It can always replace a gunner.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:25:14 am by BlackenedPies »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #549 on: June 11, 2015, 11:05:30 am »

psssh no. spanner wrench on squids for life.

only thing that needs a wack or two is balloon and main engines. mallet cool down is fatal.

seriously seeing a new noob trend among the scrub vets.

Spanner Mallet Buff is a triple engineer gunners load out.
Faster rebuilds and able to buff own gun, I also allows for more efficient crew rotations on ships such as the Pyra in certain pyra builds.

Don't be so Meta and think outside the box for once in a while.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #550 on: June 11, 2015, 11:43:05 am »
Wrench and hammer is actually a great loadout!  ...if you know what a HAMMER IS.

Rubber mallet.  Buff hammer.  Please stop calling the mallet a "hammer".

Also, spanner/mallet/buff is definitely a thing.  It is often called "full buff" and has many uses, usually on triple-engi builds.  God, could you be any more condescending all the time?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:47:53 am by sparklerfish »

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 11, 2015, 11:48:52 am »
Oh! I see now!, I made a spelling Mistake, I made that theme because someone gave me a recommended loadout of a Rubber mallet and a Pipe Wrench, Not a buff kit!

:-[

It was annoying as I could not rebuild as fast! Sorry for confusion... Also that loadout was on a galleon so it took forever to rebuild Hwatchas.

I was wondering why I caused an argument until I saw Sparklerfish's post... Sorry... :-[
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:52:05 am by The Mann »

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #552 on: June 11, 2015, 11:56:25 am »
Nah, the other people in the thread knew what you meant, but then they were just arguing about whether it's okay to have a mallet on a squid (which it totally is - I never went through the spanner-wrench phase people are talking about).

I'm just a stickler for accuracy - like when noobs call the spanner a "wrench" and I'm like noooooo that's a different toooooooool...

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 11, 2015, 05:14:26 pm »
Not a meme par se, but...

This is how looks low level, 2v2 lobby sacrificed unto me by matchmaker when I introduce newbies to my munker.

(this is the result of my new policy of positive thinking - matchmaker is not trying to ruin your day; it just throws me newbies, taking me as a sort of dark god requiring bloody sacrifices of in-game-infants...)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 05:21:51 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 11, 2015, 07:21:17 pm »