Author Topic: [N2] Nano's Noobs - To buff the flare gun!  (Read 15332 times)

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
[N2] Nano's Noobs - To buff the flare gun!
« on: February 20, 2015, 01:11:15 pm »
Nano's Noobs

Who are we?
Hail fellow Guns of Icarus players. Bring me your losers, your noobs, the chap who buffs the flare gun!

Being a new player in Guns of Icarus can be tough. Like any group there are implicit and explicit rules of conduct that are easy to miss, and the game is deep and complex; there is much to comprehend. Our objective is to provide new players a way to show they are willing to learn and find a place in the community. Joining us marks you out as someone who can be a team player.

What do we offer?
Officers of the clan are willing to teach you how to play the game (although they can go 'off duty', please respect this). Being bound by a stricter code of conduct and seeking out a clan that aims to teach marks you out as someone experienced players can (potentially) work with. Or at least give you the courtesy of explaining why the match they are in might not be for you.

We're happy to teach folks who aren't in the clan, but clan members and applicants take priority.

How do you join?
To become a basic member you need to fly with one of the officers. We will want to play a few sessions with you before admitting you, and probably have you go through a few basic positions and ship loadouts. We are looking for polite and communicative players. There are a few requirements:

• You will need to communicate either via voice or text chat in English (at the moment we only have officers who speak English).
  • You need to agree to the clans code of conduct (this is stricter than the community guidelines)
  • You must have completed the in game tutorial
  • You must have played less than 500 matches.

What aren't we?
We aren't a competitive clan. We also aren't a permanent home for our members. Once you reach 500 matches you graduate and are expected to leave. We are trying to highlight dependable new players and keep clan resources available for them. By the time you have played 500 games there should be plenty of other clans interested in helping you take playing Gun of Icarus to the next level. You could also consider joining us as an officer and teach the next generation of players.

So to join I have to fly with you, how do I do that?
To arange a session flying with us post here with the following information:

Username:
Approx. Number of Games Played:
Class Preference (most pref to least):
Timezone:
Preferred dates/times:

So I would post:

Username: nanoduckling
Approx. Number of Games Played: 2000ish
Class Preference (most pref to least): Pilot, Gunner, Engineer
Timezone: GMT / BST
Preferred dates/times: Mon 30/02/1955 @ 1900-2100, Tue 31/03/1955 @ 1900-2100

And immediately be rejected due to having played too many games and breaking the DeLorean.

I want to join as an officer
Officers in the clan are in teaching positions so that is a bit more complicated.

Contact nanoduckling.

Code of Conduct
New players can be the subject of scorn, and they shouldn't be. At the same time new players take actions that are either frustrating, or worse indistinguishable from trolling. While we don't condone bashing novice players, we want to empower them so that can avoid these interactions. The idea with having stricter clan rules is simple, by having our members agree to certain requirements we make it clear to the community that we wont do the things that annoy other players. We wont take foolish equipment or remain uncommunicative the entire match. With this in mind clan members are expected to:

• Accept loadouts and play the role assigned to you by your captain. You aren't expected to pilot or accept stupid loadouts (chem/ext/buff engi loadout for example), and you can ask if substitute loadouts are acceptable, but be a team player.
  • Communicate with your team members, either via voice or text. This includes greeting your team members when joining a ship, asking what role you are playing and announcing important in game information (via voice, text, or keyboard command).
  • Do not leave mid-game.
  • Remain calm and polite if players are communicative and trying, even in the face of bad play or a heavy defeat. You don't have to stand for trolling (but at the same time don't feed the trolls - block, report, move on), nor do you have to stay on a ship (subject to playing through a complete match), but don't rant at players who are trying and failing.
  • Avoid manually stacking lobbies. Crew form is fine, as is joining your friends ships, but don't request to swap whole ships if it will obviously make a lobby more unbalanced. If you want to continue playing with friends use the "Return to crew form" option.
  • Don't grind achievements at your crews expense. Buffing as a gungineer is fine, but deliberately letting the armor go down so you can get the rebuild is a no-no.
  • Play with sound on and respond to communication. If it is in a language you do not understand then say so either via voice or text chat.
  • Do not pilot unless you know what you are doing or you have your crews permission.
  • Once the match has started play with the intent of winning, however bad the odds are; fight to the end.
  • Conform with the Guns of Icarus Community Guidelines.

If one of our clan members fails to meet these requirements please let an officer know. Responses will vary from a warning for minor infractions to removal from the clan and passing the report on to CAs / Mods / Muse for more serious breaches of the rules.

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: [N2] Nano's Noobs - To buff the flare gun!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 03:05:58 pm »
What a great idea for a clan. I salute your giving spirit!

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 07:12:43 pm »
With the valentine sales coming in, this is pure genius!

Though there's a tiny problem that you shouldn't ignore. A majority of the newer players dont seem to be on the forums. I'd never know myself, perhaps the 41 or so guests that watch the forums really are novices, but I hope you some sort of a picture as to how to spread the word  on a more novice prominent agenda.

Overall, I like what you're doing! If this works out well I expect the next few month's pubs to be challenging, which is always good ^_^

Offline Sliced And Diced

• Salutes: 13
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 11:14:18 pm »
NANO!!!!!!!!

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 09:26:08 am »
Salutes to Nano! o7

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 09:32:54 am »
Buffing the flare gun? Meh.

But will you take those who mindlessly keep loading lochnagars in their gatlings/hwachas?

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 09:33:07 am »
This is great. Cheers!

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 01:43:28 pm »
Buffing the flare gun? Meh.

But will you take those who mindlessly keep loading lochnagars in their gatlings/hwachas?

I'd pay to see you kill someone with lochnagar flamethrower

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 07:43:56 pm »
Sounds a bit like prostitution. I like it.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 08:27:28 am »
N2 makes me think of Neon Genesis Evangelion (N2 bomb)

Great idea for a clan, I wish you patience, patience and even more patience! Salute for your work!

Offline MightyKeb

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 09:06:19 am »

Great idea for a clan, I wish you patience, patience and even more patience! Salute for your work!

I know you used to have a mushroom cloud avatar, but whoa, I didnt expect that.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 10:57:50 am »

-snip-

Do you just know about all the bombs ever made?

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 01:35:46 pm »
Question is right, the person is wrong, Dire. :D

Offline Alistair Marlowe

• Salutes: 5
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 02:32:15 am »
A noble idea from a noble captain.  Best of luck to you, sir.  If I encounter crew in need of training, I'll send em your way.

Offline Heracklos

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 04:00:50 am »
Hi. I'm new to the game and already finished the tutorial but I still hesitate to play online. I'm kinda shy when it comes to Co-Op PvP when I'm new to a game. So I need someone who can teach me what and when I'm supposed to do something and what I should focus on.

Username: Heracklos
Approx. Number of Games Played: 0
Class Preference (most pref to least): Engineer, Gunner
Timezone: CEST
Preferred dates/times: Weekends

Oh and I'm from Germany, so my english might be not that good. I can understand you just fine but I'm not used to talk english. So I'm sorry if it comes to some misunderstandings.