Author Topic: The Community Video Tutorial Project  (Read 43599 times)

Offline Marza

• Salutes: 2
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Video Tutorial Project
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2015, 12:54:50 pm »
Just had a look at the test footage on the Youtube account provided. In my opinion the video quality is perfectly satisfactory for the purposes of a video tutorial. Whilst it would be nice to get a cleaner resolution if possible, it's not worth pulling hair out over. My only concern is the audio quality of the microphone, but if all else fails the voiceover can easily be substituted for subtitles.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2015, 12:58:32 pm »
The idea was generally to cut this bit, and if necessarry - throw my micropohone voice away.

This test footage was meant later to be edit in a manner, that we will set a comparison in a split screen, with the timer in the centre between the two; wrench would be shown later, and compared to times of repairing/rebuilding of both mallet and spanner.

As for that script bit... I also ask for a spellcheck. Recently I don't feel very well, and therefore my language is probably way shittier than these videos require.

Edit: KitKatKitty - please, confirm your account. And it would be lovely to add Hamster to our trello, if he wants to write some scripts.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:02:52 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2015, 07:37:00 pm »
Ok.

I think we should sit now and think - when can we start filming the first tutorial, and which of the almost 2 prepared ones it will be.
In my humble opinion, this would be a pyramidion tutorial. Because we have almost complete script for that, we would only like to add something about spotting enemy ships, and all those suggestions we had in trello.

We need:
- Full crew for metamidion
- 2 crew members for blenderfish (gunner and someone to man the flamer)
- Spectator(s)

EVERYONE need to record. The aformentioned OBS should be good enough, however may need some tutorials how to use it first (it's a bit weird compairing to action).

Our records are to be put in our YouTube channel, on the separate playlist - all those videos will be unpublic. After all that - nanoduckling and everyone who volunteered to edit the video shall sit and assemble it together.

After it's done, the video will be uploaded (unpublicly) on youtube. If we say we like how it is - it will be changed to a normal, public video, and send to Muse.

What do you think about that?

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2015, 07:55:53 pm »
Sounds great, except we may need one more step - recording the narrator voice (or will it be made in goio?).

Also - we'll need a guy from every bigger language community to make the subtitles. And when we have an edited video we'll send an e-mail to Muse.

And of course, the question is WHEN we're going to do that. I suggest weekend.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2015, 08:03:53 pm »
We'll record the narrator separately, so we can do some takes and probes and shit. But first we need edited video in fact to do some narrator voice recordings.

As I stated on trello - I can translate and add in youtube some Polish subtitles.

When is the good question, but rather in terms of our.
I and Disaster are operating within the GMT+1 time zone (central Europe). We have to coordinate ourselves to do it in, let's say, an hour or something like that.

Offline Marza

• [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2015, 12:39:09 pm »
I'll be keeping an eye on the Youtube account for material. And yeah, I agree that a narrator voice over is something to be done after an edited video is put together; it's difficult to narrate AND record decent footage at the same time.

I'll try to get OBS running on my side as well, but I don't know if my rig is powerful enough to handle it. If all else fails I know it can handle video editing just fine.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2015, 04:32:41 pm »
Good.
But we still need some more people. In the beginning everyone was so hurrah-optimistic, and suddenly everyone felt silent...

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2015, 05:53:20 pm »
Good.
But we still need some more people. In the beginning everyone was so hurrah-optimistic, and suddenly everyone felt silent...

I would love to help in community projects like this, yet, I cannot record any sort of video.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2015, 05:57:35 pm »
I have no experience in recording video of games of any sort. I would love to help, but I fear I might wind up being a hindrance. That being said, if you absolutley beed an extra, I am happy to help if I am able. I hope that you can get this done, as this is definitely something the new players could use.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2015, 06:06:33 pm »
Ok. Let's put it this way.

I need 9 people.

4 - for metamidion
3 - for goldfish
2 - as spectators, for the sake of awesomeness and edition.

All of them are recording. This should be enough material to do something from it.

Why?

Spectators - obvious.

Pyra crew - to have footage of how it looks from everyone's point of view.

Goldfish crew - to see how it looks on deck of the enemy ship, when it's under fire of metamidion.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:08:54 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2015, 06:07:46 pm »
Ok. Let's put it this way.

I need 9 people.

4 - for metamidion
3 - for goldfish
2 - as spectators, for the sake of awesomeness and edition.

Ah, so I could theoretically help out as being a Goldfish/Metamidion pilot? Yet not recording?

Offline Marza

• [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2015, 08:58:49 am »
Lanliss and David Dire, if you guys are willing to be extras then I'm sure we can put you to good use!

The ideal master plan is still on the drawing board for the time being, but in the meantime do add us ingame and ask us about recording footage the next time you see us online. I know Schwalbe has worked out how to get his recording software working.

You don't have to be a Hollywood actor (Or a master tournament goio veteran), all I'm after as a video editor is footage of people shooting guns at the right time at the right targets, engineers doing repair runs and pilots pointing the ship's weapons in the general direction of the enemy. All I need is players putting the basic theory into practice and having fun doing so whilst somebody records.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2015, 02:35:43 pm »
That sounds great. I will need a list of all the people involved to add them, as well as a time when you all come up to that point. I will be happy to do the engineer runs, as I am not the best at properly prioritizing targets on gun.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2015, 04:17:39 pm »
Ok. As for the list. I guess it's the most of the people speaking around here ( I... GUESS... at least)

To record you can use OBS, mentioned two pages ( I think ) ago by Marza. It's quite CPU cheap software, as far as I've noticed. Should work good even with slower computers. Because the more material we have, the more interesting video we will create. And if it's graphically interesting - the watching person won't get bored and quit it. ^^

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2015, 06:18:16 am »
I need to know time zones in which you are. I'm going to need them to coordinate the recording hour.
This time - please, write them down here, so everyone can see and know them, and they are not only in my Excell sheet.

I would like to record Pyramidion tutorial this weekend.

I know that:

Schwalbe - GMT+1
Mr.Disaster - GMT+1
Inkjet - GMT-7

What about the rest of us? Hello? Is anyone there?