Author Topic: Clan alliance system  (Read 14947 times)

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
Re: Clan alliance system
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 05:58:57 pm »
It would be nice if there were more activities that would unite clans together to compete against other clans. Something outside of competitive skirmish tournaments (Kinda like the "Wanted" mini game).

Maybe a resource war similar to the Aerodrome to secure "weekly event" shipments of specific amounts of resources to specific maps. (A single ship able to carry only 5 units of resource A)
Or maybe even two factions going to war and hiring mercenary groups (Clans sign up) to join their side and fight other mercenary groups.

Prizes could be a random dye for being a clan member on a clan ship that finished 30 "Weekly event" shipments for their clan or secured 20 shipments of resources in "this" weekly resource war.
or being a clan member on a clan ship that won a match against 3 opposing clan ships.
The more clan members you have on the ship dictates the rarity of the dye each member receives.
Or you know....... The prize could be another badge (There really needs to be more than three badge slots).

I never found much of a strong sense of unity in Clans outside of competitive. Maybe clan chat could be a way for clan members to invite other clan members to clan based matches to increase the chances of getting a rare dye for everyone. It all depends on Muse's future plans for the clan system.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 04:34:48 am »
only dye of worth is black dye.

you get other dyes by lvl up and you get plenty of them spare.

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 06:02:22 am »
Really? I got black dye for lvl 45 engineer... strange everyone says that you don't get black dye. o_0

But really... When I first played the game there was no such thing as clans and when I came back, they were everywhere.
However, I really only saw them as groups of friends who play together until I watched competitive.

I wish there were more challenges for clan members to unite under. Something that would integrate into the already existing skirmish mode. I guess we'll just have to see the decisions Muse makes after Co-op is released.

The prize doesn't have to be only dye dummy >:P
It could be like a selection of Hats that look "hideous" but you only get for the month your clan ship finished X challenges.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more clan members you have on that ship that completed X challenges could increase the chances of the hat being the rare hat that every clan member on your ship wants for the month.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 08:07:58 am »
Hats of Icarus Online?

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 09:11:00 am »
Hats of Icarus Online?

Selling Unusual Bicorn with scorching flames, 2 ref trade trade

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 08:37:49 pm »
Hats of Icarus Online?

Selling Unusual Bicorn with scorching flames, 2 ref trade trade

Don't have 2 ref but I have an Unusual Doctor Schnabel's Mask with Community Sparkle.

Offline Hilary Briss

• Salutes: 22
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 09:00:33 pm »
Muse knows about low usability of clan chat and refuses to do anything about it. I guess there are more important things to do.

Totally agree. No one even uses clan chat. Every self-respecting normal clan has a TeamSpeak or Mumble.
If people really play together all the time so much, that they would need a combined chat, they might aswell merge their clans, or use a common TeamSpeak (OVW & CAKE)

Our Clan does it keeps all the Global and lobby typed noise out of the Clan chat tab. That way we can see what has been typed without hindrance.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 09:01:39 pm »
Wait, hold up, what's Mumble?

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile