Author Topic: Clan alliance system  (Read 15452 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Clan alliance system
« on: January 22, 2015, 11:58:09 am »
Kind of like a more permanant party chat.

This way allied clans can communicate without the bother of constantly remaking parties to communicate, when these clans regularly play together.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Clan alliance system
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 12:27:27 pm »
People don't even use the chat for their own clan, but it sounds nice.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 01:46:18 pm »

well the text version could actually be integrating both clan chats into the clan tab.

that being said. we really do need to decide wtf to do with that tab. I mean party goes into both match and global. can't do the same for clan?

and its a real pain to switch tabs mid match.

I know. maybe the clan tab has a notification icon?

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 03:05:41 pm »

well the text version could actually be integrating both clan chats into the clan tab.

that being said. we really do need to decide wtf to do with that tab. I mean party goes into both match and global. can't do the same for clan?

Notification Icon has been suggested.  Just a simple soft, golden, flashing glow thingy would be perfect.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 03:16:53 pm »

Notification Icon has been suggested.  Just a simple soft, golden, flashing glow thingy would be perfect.

I'm kinda curious what was the intended purpose of clan chat?

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 04:57:28 pm »

I'm kinda curious what was the intended purpose of clan chat?

Probably a chat through which the clan can communicate without the help of 3rd party software, which is a pretty good idea in itself I find, but Muse never considered that nobody will check the clan chat when there is global or match chat that you also want to participate in and I have no idea why muse has not introduced a notification icon for the clan chat like suggested.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 06:12:36 pm »
too hard? Might need to do an overhaul for the chat system to implement?

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 05:20:44 am »
Everytime a new message is sent in the chat there is an event which is fired to the server so the server can see that event, write that message into the chat (possibly save it to the database at the same time) and tell all clients that this new message appeared in the chat and that they should display it.
Even though you can only see one chat at a time, except party and whisperings, you still recieve messages from all the other chats too, but you can only see the one chat you have open.
All that has to be done is check on the client side if you have the clan chat open and if not make it glow when the server tells the client that a new message appeared.

Apparantly everything that has to be done to implement this notification is already done. The only thing missing is to make the chat do something, which at worst is a UI problem that takes a little bit more effort to fix.

I honestly can't see why a notification for the clan chat isn't there yet.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 07:17:09 am »
What about the clan chat is a chat window to the right just above the ship hp.

and on main menu its pretty ok on the same place. Naturally this one has an option to minimise. could even put party in that chat too. and if the alliance works. it can go in there too. Just like party change the colour od the message so you can tell its from an ally and not a clannie.

Main issue is lobby. the bottom right corner is the spectate slots right?

quickly checked. Yeah the right bottom corner is empty on all 3 counts. So just put clan chat there.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 09:04:41 pm »
Still pushing for this to be a thing.

Clan chat is still useless.

But if the party voice chat had an alliance counter part. As well as the above suggestion of giving clan chat its own window on the otherside of the screen that can be shared for allies to share info.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 09:31:14 pm »
Chat is one of the most underused features in the game. It isn't that Muse hasn't tried to give it functionality, its just subsequent updates tend to give more reasons for people not to utilize it outside of match chat. When MM hit and people didn't need to advertise lobbies, general just died completely.

Clan chat...I've honestly never really used it. When it was added we tried it out but with clan communications involving more voice server based setups, the clan chat system is pointless. However, communities that don't have voice may find it helpful. Just you'll never know someone is talking in it as the tabs don't light up during activity. This would help more than adding more chat channels, just let them blink when posts happen so people know the functionality is there should they want to use it.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 11:11:01 am »
Muse knows about low usability of clan chat and refuses to do anything about it. I guess there are more important things to do.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 11:59:02 am »
Muse knows about low usability of clan chat and refuses to do anything about it. I guess there are more important things to do.

Fix the game?

Hold on, just after I release this Coop gamemode that wouldve done so much more to keep the game afloat if it wasnt exclusively given to pre orderers.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 09:31:59 am »

Fix the game?

Hold on, just after I release this Coop gamemode that wouldve done so much more to keep the game afloat if it wasnt exclusively given to pre orderers.

I think of preorders as beta test slaves that will suffer the first build so the rest of us enjoys a more stable version. Congrats... you paid muse to become game testers that earn nothing.

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 12:05:54 pm »

Totally agree. No one even uses clan chat. Every self-respecting normal clan has a TeamSpeak or Mumble.
If people really play together all the time so much, that they would need a combined chat, they might aswell merge their clans, or use a common TeamSpeak (OVW & CAKE)