Author Topic: Show us your face!  (Read 127991 times)

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 71
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Show us your face!
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2015, 04:56:24 pm »
I don't remember half those pictures being taken

That was a great evening!

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2015, 11:51:56 pm »
'tis a shame so few live in my area. (Silicon valley)

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2015, 03:27:50 pm »
I live in San Jose :D

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2015, 03:38:47 pm »
I live in San Jose :D

I'm reasonably close, I'm on the peninsula.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2015, 04:34:43 pm »

I was a director and an actor in a horror movie parody named "Phantom Of The Computer", about possesed computer and it's victims. And I was playing an exorcist with "a little" inquisitorial (I mean psychopatic) attitude. This photo is 4 years old.

More recent photo - the integration trip from Warsaw University Of Technology, where I met Mr.Disaster (btw, it's so funny to be the only completely sober person in a camp of, like, 100 people), dated 1.5 years back.

I'll probably have any more recent photos of my ugly-ass face when I get my new bass guitar.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:36:30 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2015, 09:57:01 pm »

I'm almost done with it, I need a few more belts here, a grenade there...
You should have seen the looks on the vets faces when I posed in front of the old soldiers and sailors home with this fine piece of artillery (One gave suggestions for poses XD), the gun I think was part of WW1 from what I heard. Once I get a better camera I plan on taking finer pics (instead of coloring it black and white and claiming its period and artsy...which it is...*shifty eyes*)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2015, 02:55:22 am »
Don't forget to weather the costume! You look far too clean.
As for the suggested poses, you must ensure to mount the gun properly! (Oh My!)
I mean look...
You're on the wrong side of the gun! You point the barrel at the enemy! No wonder you had suggestions to change pose...  8) :P

Great costume, beautiful lady, thanks for sharing with the community!

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2015, 02:55:58 am »
I live in Denmark :p

You're closer to me than my own parents.. I think...
*Takes a ruler to a map.*

Little did Kamoba know, that Skrim IS his father

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

((triple post because I'm backwards))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:58:28 am by Kamoba »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2015, 02:57:45 am »

I was a director and an actor in a horror movie parody named "Phantom Of The Computer", about possesed computer and it's victims. And I was playing an exorcist with "a little" inquisitorial (I mean psychopatic) attitude. This photo is 4 years old.

More recent photo - the integration trip from Warsaw University Of Technology, where I met Mr.Disaster (btw, it's so funny to be the only completely sober person in a camp of, like, 100 people), dated 1.5 years back.

I'll probably have any more recent photos of my ugly-ass face when I get my new bass guitar.

My computer has a demon, its sucking all my time... Sent by the devil Muse!

Also like the hair dude! :)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2015, 03:07:41 am »
You are still alive, your printer ain't spill the blood all over the printing, nor turns your beloved ones into homicidal psychos. It's not even displaying communicates about dividing by cucumber, or about the lack of cheese for your mouse. YOU KNOW NOTHING.

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2015, 03:56:46 am »
I mean look...
You're on the wrong side of the gun! You point the barrel at the enemy! No wonder you had suggestions to change pose...  8) :P

Oooh, I'm so scared to weather a costume, being its so delicate. I do plan on dulling the shining bits, giving it a bit of scuff. Might have to splatter some oil on my face (place innuendo here)

I wanted to take the gun with me, but alas, all my flirting amounted to only wishful thinking. Once I get a camera with a zoom function I'll be on the right side of the gun ;)

Thank you much for the comment!

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2015, 04:57:41 am »
I mean look...

Oooh, I'm so scared to weather a costume, being its so delicate. I do plan on dulling the shining bits, giving it a bit of scuff. Might have to splatter some oil on my face (place innuendo here)

I wanted to take the gun with me, but alas, all my flirting amounted to only wishful thinking. Once I get a camera with a zoom function I'll be on the right side of the gun ;)

Thank you much for the comment!

That's why many costumes never get weathered, just use different techniques, for example a small burn can be added to a costume easily, just stab a hole with something such as a pencil, burn the frayed strings and put it our very fast, then use a bit of superglue on the blackened parts for a permanent burnt hole, do this a few times, definitely for a gunner costume.
Depending on the fabrics depends what you want to use for your soot, but when in doubt do it authentically! Rub soot into parts of the costume!
Also lots of tips can be found here too: http://madmaxcostumes.com/distress/
Although dust and soot means treating the costume would be more awkward, it does look good! :)
[insert innuendo offer to splatter oil on face here]  8)

As for taking the gun home, I think the only reason the flirts to get it did not work is the guys realised they'd have to carry it for you too! XD

You're very welcome for the comment too :p

You are still alive, your printer ain't spill the blood all over the printing, nor turns your beloved ones into homicidal psychos. It's not even displaying communicates about dividing by cucumber, or about the lack of cheese for your mouse. YOU KNOW NOTHING.

You've not been around my house with the twins awake.. That description sounds like a relaxing day!

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2015, 07:38:12 pm »

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2015, 10:36:24 pm »

ohhhhh myyyyy goooooood that's amazing <3

Why thank you so much! I'm really hoping to take it to conventions (in character of course) and convince people to get playing this game. I really want to make a scale replica of one of the smaller guns so I can wave it about at people (thinking either gat or banshee depending on what materials I have). Mind you I'm also making a costume for Alistair so we may go as a pair. But thanks again :D

Thanks very much for the link Kamoba! It'll really help with current and future costumes (many, many costumes....)

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2015, 03:46:14 am »
You're welcome! Feel free to poke with any questions regarding costumes :)

Also go for the Gatling, its less detailed and more recognisable as a weapon, plus the side gears look awesome.
Shouldn't be too hard to make materials wise either! Spray painted pipes, of make Alistair get the hack saw out and use authentic materials, a trip to a scrap yard with ten quid and you should easily find rusted pipes!
The gears you'll likely need to fashion yourself, get some wood and a jigsaw (power tool not the puzzle) out,  cut to shape and spray paint to match the metal, primer, orange (with specs of silver, also green chalk for the green rust effect on corners) remember YouTube will be your friend if you get stuck. :)

As for conventions, I keep trying to convince Howard to set up at Euro Gamer, my efforts seem to be working as he makes plans... Soooooo if Muse do goto Euro gamer, be sure to tell them you're taking your costumes to the convention!

My anglean raider is still paused (snow has kept access to my workshop scarce) not basing it off an existing costume, just concept of angeal raider, but as the snow melts and spring comes closer, I may actually be able to get to my workshop soon!
Scrap yard - workshop - angean raider finished!