Author Topic: Cant play 3v3 or 4v4  (Read 8591 times)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Cant play 3v3 or 4v4
« on: December 22, 2014, 08:04:28 am »
Whenever i try to set the prefrences to 3v3 or 4v4 it loosens too soon and gets me into a 2v2 game.
Why is that? I specificaly wanted 4v4 and damn well want to wait for it. This prefrence loosening also makes it so that most games are 2v2. So thus everyone joins into a 2v2 game.

In the custom games menu, i see 3v3 games running but they are novice. And novice only cannot do 4v4.

What up the dealioh?

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Cant play 3v3 or 4v4
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 10:05:38 am »
most likely. None are active.

Or you set to a specific game mode whereupon it prioritises the mode than the player numbers.

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 11:20:22 am »
could you not just go into custom game and set up one and hit the recruit from queue button?

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:59:42 pm »
I find if you play long enough the Match Maker eventually kicks you up to 3v3 or even 4v4. If you can find 2 other like minded people you could do a crew form with each of you in the captain's slot then you all jump to one ship after you join a 3v3 lobby.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 03:31:30 pm »
could you not just go into custom game and set up one and hit the recruit from queue button?

for 3 v 3 you need a minimum of 10 players for the game to pick up ppl from queue.

I wanna see what happens when the requirement is lowered to the amount of needed captains. e.g. it needs 6 players to join queue.

everyone doesnt have to be a cap. I mean just 6 ppl in the lobby.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 08:08:14 pm »
Really there shouldn't be such a requirement. This would allow Custom games to actually work the way many people want them to. We want to play certain maps or gametypes, not be held captive by the system. If Custom games can be made and filled from queue without requirement, it would be one major change for the better. Heck I'd log in regularly again. This should have been in from the start. Getting 10 people is unrealistic and only helps those with clans that have many people on. But what about after hours? What about players from different time zones who want to play certain maps but not put up with MM?

Maybe Muse forgot that when Quick Join was a feature, it was used constantly by new players to the point "quick joiners" was about as bad of a derogatory term as "Powder Monkey." But it was never used by veteran players. Removing the 10 player limit would not hurt the system as new or casual players would still join via MM anyways. It just gives vets or experienced players the ability to do what they always used to do, sit in lobbies to make matches they wanted to play. Lobbies return, match list doesn't, and MM happens at the same time. Everyone wins.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 09:14:33 pm »
I think they're using a double edged sword here with that suggestion (playing devil's advocate here).

Their main reason for replacing server browse was to get rid of vets constantly setting up stacked matches. Understandable, no one likes losing due to the ineptitude of their teammate-especially if they gave it their personal all.

Plus to also get rid of mid game joins by powder monkeys that screw up an already working system of play in game.

Dat feel wen ur a pyra with gunner and engie and AI is maining. The suddenly powder monkey joins in and fks everything up. It happened alot. Ppl hated it. Hence MM was made to mitigate (not get rid) that.

Now of course, it can still happen when a powder monkey adds you on their social tab and jump in your games via the join crew function. Which should be explored at another thread. (a simple solution is pretty much add friend feature needing a yes or no function for ppl who want to add you-like most games with a friendlist system)

But yes, back on MM vs server browse. Custom games holds the limitation of added friends only able to see because...?
well to avoid vets just jumping into a game and building up a stacked side, as old lobbies of icarus tended to do. By limiting it to friends you... build up stacked sides... huh? Logic?

Limitations on recruiting from queue because...?
An attempt to hide some sort of limitation of the MM system? Might come into a scenario where theres so many 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 that 2 v 2 just dies out in the same way 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 is now. That or the system can't handle queuing over a certain number of ppl into a game. Plus too many 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 makes the servers die. (a good solution to that is having a game type cap- like only x number of 3 v 3 and x number of 4 v 4 can be active at any given time while 2 v 2 has no limit)

Only excuse I can give for them is that its still early days and they're gathering data for improvements. though i think their biggest motivation of "streamlining" the system is the upcoming ps4 merger.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:18:50 pm by Ceresbane »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 01:25:29 am »
No I chatted with Keyvias a few times. The entire reason for removing it was performance related. It was too much of a strain to keep a full list being polled all the time. Any other reasons were likely just add ons they thought up. Personally I think it had more to do with the PS4 transition. While the PS4 is powerful and all, its still underpowered compared to most gaming PCs and lets face it, GOIO and Unity is a performance mess. MM is a good system for console gamers and it would help trim down performance issues for weaker hardware like the PS4.

Stacking was never that big of a problem. It was just a problem that was blown out of proportion because noobs hear the phrase once then think every lobby is stacked when they lose badly. So they whine to Muse "make it fair!", which is unreasonable and impossible to do. Its the same term as aimbots/etc in other games. When you suck and get your butt kicked, it had to be an aimbot! There was nothing forcing them to join stacked lobbies or forcing them to stay. But still, they whined. I proposed an idea back then to just have two modes of play. Normal and Hardcore or ranked/unranked. Something to appease the casuals and something for the advanced players. But everyone was like "booo, community splitter!" and now here we are with a larger playerbase that could actually use two modes of play but we have no system in place to handle it. Sometimes ideas need to be taken into consideration even if they aren't viable for the current time period.

Offline Pind

• Salutes: 3
    • [─┼──]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 06:08:10 am »
In my experience 4v4s are usually a clusterfuck anyways.

You want to start crewing together in a 2v2 or 3v3 in a pub, getting to know your cremates and fellow captains, then work your way up to a 4v4 eventually (adding new players and inviting friends along the way).