Author Topic: Sunday Community Skirmish #31 (Signups for Sunday 14th December)  (Read 16463 times)

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile

Offline LazyPandas

• Salutes: 16
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Community Skirmish #31 (Signups for Sunday 14th December)
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 09:09:02 pm »

Subject: URGENT REPLY NEEDED.

FROM THE DESK OF: MR SAMULL BAYO.

DAIMOND BANK OF AFRICAN COTONOU, BENIN REPUBLIC.

ATTENTION:

I am Mr samull bayoForeign Remmitance Director of DIAMOND of BANK Africa. in the capital city of cotonou de Benin republic.

This is a very confidential proposition for you. On November 21st 2013, a Brazilian Oil consultant/contractor with the Benenoise Solid Minerals Corporation, Mr.Mauricio Jose De Matos made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at US$8,000,000.00 (Eight Million Dollars only) in my branch.

Upon maturity on November 20th 2014 as his Credit Officer, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally i discovered from his contract employers, the Benenoise Solid Minerals Corporation that Mr.Mauricio Jose De Matos died on an Air Crash.

Further investigations,and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. Again,I made further investigation and discovered that Mr.Matos did not declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank.

This sum of US$8,000,000.00 is still sitting in my Bank  No one will ever come forward to claim it. According to the International Banking ethics,codes and Laws, at the expiration of 2(Two) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Benin Government if nobody applies to claim the fund.

This is my proposal: Please remove Praetorians from the SCS roster as I have made a grave mistake in signing up and I will give you 30% of the funds. Apparently we only have 2 pilots in the clan available tomorrow as Blue, Thomas, and our glorious leader jube jube have all made plans in advance. Most of which include shopping for dish washing supplies or doing dish washing related activities. And unless we get Nat Nyls, self proclaimed pilot who flew in Hephaestus to be my co-captain, it seems we will be in a bit of a pickle. So we most likely are going to merge both teams together. Please also change the name of the Centurions to "GOOD OLD FASHIONED MEATBRAWL™" You should observe utmost confidentiality, and be rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country.

Thank you and god bless

pandas
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:13:20 pm by LazyPandas »

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 11:26:13 pm »
During the two week hiatus, can a proper ship picking system be discussed again? The way it is now I don't really like, and a lot of players feel the same

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 04:34:13 am »
During the two week hiatus, can a proper ship picking system be discussed again? The way it is now I don't really like, and a lot of players feel the same

what do you mean by proper, and what is your suggestions

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 04:46:51 am »

what do you mean by proper, and what is your suggestions

Under the current system, you can hard counter all bloody day until the lobby timer runs out. Additionally, you can swap at literally the last second, which I feel is very unfair.
A while back I remember an idea that I think was implemented for a little while, but for some reason got shot down.
I propose this solution that is totally fair for everyone: Game one: Red team picks one ship, blue team picks two ships, red team picks their last ship and no one can swap ships or loadouts after they pick or the round is restarted or forfeited. Round two you can reverse that so blue team goes first if you really want, but I think the solution would be a nice change, and it's completely fair

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 04:59:44 am »
we tested the exact pick order system you suggested a while back, here are the data:
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4886.15.html

as mentioned it is not in our interest as SCS organizers to enforce these rules. The reason for this is as follows:
SCS is not a highly competitive event since our ruleset is basic. Putting pick order rules into it wont change anything, and the feedback received from teams showed that the stresslevel from picking was too much and didnt have a different outcome than our current system. We basicly just host this event for teams that wants to play something during the week. We make sure that teams signing up are guaranteed to play atleast one match, aswell as it being streamed. - other than that SCS has no ranking system, prizes etc. so is there really a reason to implement pick order rules when the event basicly is a scrimmage between several teams?

however to fill the need for highly competitive events Hephaestus season 2 should be under way soon, aswell as we are working on the idea of a competitive one day event which will run monthly.

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 07:33:46 am »
Map rolls: http://pastebin.com/XcEndUK8
And here is the bracket again, for your viewing pleasure!

Matches will (hopefully) be streamed by Fourth Oracle on the Guns of Icarus official channel and by Leto and Brick on the Thomas stream.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:20:09 pm by Skrimskraw »

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 02:20:45 pm »
corrected velvets post:

todays streams:
http://www.twitch.tv/colosseumstreaming - one match greg vs ryder
http://www.twitch.tv/gunsoficarus - the rest