Author Topic: Heavy Weapon Suggestions  (Read 25485 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Weapon Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 10:38:52 am »
I like the Pom Pom idea, yeah.  The Fawkes is a wee bit OP, but firing it right would take a while... unless you didn't fire at all.   Pom Poms could have a gap between burss to prevent Goldfish from blowing hull armor to hell and back and then ramkilling.  Making the light Pom Poms fire/flechette is a good idea too, for Pyra reasons.  Greased could reduce burst times, lesmok would extend range, incen would play hell on armor, burst is... meh.  I know I'm missing an ammo...

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 12:26:11 pm »
Btw,

Eric:
- Working on new guns… Beanbag is one of them.  Think it may be called the Minotaur, eventually.

This was on their weekly report. We may see the pom pom gun, eventually.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 01:20:19 pm »
How I see the fawkes battering ram is auto destroys your own hull upon firing.

So if it fails you are heavily punished and even upon success you hurt from the actual ram. So both ships might just die.
Or if hull break isn't achieved before firing it. It will destroy the hull and hurt only via the ram damage.

Alternative is a pilot tool version where activating it makes impact (from a ram ideally) explode the hull as its filled with powder kegs that explode from the impact and are armed when tool is used.

Weakness? Any impact type dmg will activate it. Hence you use it upon impact of a ram. Have it on and you hit a mine...

Offline Netheron

• Salutes: 1
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 02:14:34 am »
I'd love to see the return of the tesla from the original guns of Icarus. It would act as a wide area damage weapon for medium to close range, sort of like a medium sized flamethrower without the flames. The idea being it could disable guns and do ok damage to balloons, but you lack the ability to precisely aim it. The only problem I see is it doesn't do anything the hwatcha does better.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 08:55:43 am »
I'd love to see the return of the tesla from the original guns of Icarus. It would act as a wide area damage weapon for medium to close range, sort of like a medium sized flamethrower without the flames. The idea being it could disable guns and do ok damage to balloons, but you lack the ability to precisely aim it. The only problem I see is it doesn't do anything the hwatcha does better.

I do want some kind of Heavy Flamer, but maybe with a kind of Napalm Mist, like a tar cloud but thinner and longer, and it doesn't last as long.

Offline Netheron

• Salutes: 1
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2014, 01:13:03 pm »

Just had a better and more unique idea.  The Tesla would have unlimited ammo, but overheat after about two seconds of firing. The gun would do light shatter damage, lack the ability to precisely aim (arcing to whatever it pleases), but be able to intercept and destroy projectiles at the range of a carronade. Of course, it wouldn't work against non-projectile weapons. Tell me what you guys think!