Author Topic: Feedback Debate  (Read 27172 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback Debate
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 09:59:03 am »
I'm going to shift the focus a little bit. What's the most underused pilot tool so far in the patch? I'm not asking "What is the most useless", but maybe both answers are one and the same?

Either Range Finder, or Tar.  Yes, a lot of people do use Tar, but it's usually replaced with either hydro, vent, or chute.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 12:38:56 pm »
I'm going to shift the focus a little bit. What's the most underused pilot tool so far in the patch? I'm not asking "What is the most useless", but maybe both answers are one and the same?

Impact Bumpers. I haven't seen too many of these lately. I use to use them right before a ram to reduce recoil damage, but turns out it's better to pop moonshine right before impact to keep the ship straight.

Vent Chute. It's not underused, but it's not overused either. Most people use hydro instead. I guess better to go up than down.

Drogue Chute. Some experienced pilots take it to counter carronades, but it really takes out piloting from the game when a parachute just stops the ship.

Tar. Tar is and has been broken. Some might argue otherwise, but the truth is, you don't often see tar clouds anymore. Destroying your engine is probably not the preferred way to escape.

The Range Finder... For those of you who don't know, Range Finder is actually a pilot tool. For those of you who still don't know, Range Finder is a tool in the game. You never see Range Finder. In fact, its not even listed in the gameplay page.
You can check it right now: http://gunsoficarus.com/gameplay/classes/captain/

I think the typical tools are moonshine/kero - claw - hydro.

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 01:29:57 pm »
Impact Bumpers. I haven't seen too many of these lately. I use to use them right before a ram to reduce recoil damage, but turns out it's better to pop moonshine right before impact to keep the ship straight.

I thought Impact Bumpers reduced ALL damage. Like, a 25% reduction. (Can't remember resistance off of top of my head.)

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »
nope impact, so rams, and some of the mines

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 04:47:37 pm »
You know something isn't used when you forget it's existence.  Impact Bumpers, definitely.

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 04:50:58 pm »
nope impact, so rams, and some of the mines

Question time, would an increase in damage resistance TYPES cause the Impact Bumpers to be used more?

I'm already seeing someone telling me that Impact Bumpers with a full out 25% damage reduction being OP as hell, so note the word "Increase", and not "maximum".

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 06:42:42 pm »
What TYPE damage resistance are we talking about? Because impact bumpers allready resist 25% of impact damage, which is a type. That is Terrain/ships and mines.
Combine drogue chute with impact bumpers and you have a ship that can survive pretty well versus carronade or lumberjack.

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 08:53:40 pm »
You just gave me a build idea,

Drogue Impact Galleon full tank ship. As long as I can get all my allies coordinated, we would be pretty effective against every light ships (pyra, gold, junker, and squid).

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 09:01:59 pm »

Drogue Impact Galleon full tank ship. As long as I can get all my allies coordinated, we would be pretty effective against every light ships (pyra, gold, junker, and squid).
Any piercing/explosive combo could kill it just as easily.

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 10:16:10 pm »

Any piercing/explosive combo could kill it just as easily.

Ya, but a Hwacha Galleon can disable most piercing/explosive build ships.

Anyways, impact bumpers could use a change, but I don't think it's a priority.

Tar definitely needs a better implementation.

Has anybody found a good use for Drogue Chute other than countering blend?

Offline Ruairi

• Salutes: 6
    • [ƤƦ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 02:00:08 am »
Drogue chute can be used to steady a ship, this is particularly useful on a lumberfish. But it also works on other sniper ships.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 04:38:38 am »
Has anybody found a good use for Drogue Chute other than countering blend?

Because I sometimes purposefully destroy my balloon to dodge downwards when I am on a Mobula, I can always catch myself with drouge chute.
But yes, its inital idea is to have it take longer for one to ground out against Carronades nd Lumberjacks, I would imagine.

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 06:55:43 am »
What TYPE damage resistance are we talking about?
Just a general increase, I'm letting people decide what they want the Impact Bumpers to have reduce damage for. I'm all for making it resist explosive and shatter. Not sure about fletchette (right spelling, right?), and fire and piercing should be able to punch through impact bumpers.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 12:38:59 pm »
If it decreases damage versus other type, it will be quite overpowered.

Impact on the other hand is Direct collision. It is super specific. And the only gun in the game that can be blocked by it slightly is mines.
Impact bumpers is to fight getting rammed, or forgive your own ram onto another ship. So usually, a impact bumper ship wins on a direct ram versus an impact bumperLESS ship.
But it can also be used to not recieve too much terrain damage.

Pyramideons and goldfish tend to use this. Pyras could also use this versus terrain to turn quicker. "tactical turning" as we usually call them when it happens.
Spires, galleons tend to use it in a defencive way, to not get too much terrain damage when falling down or getting rammed in general.

More people need to use this on a junker versus pyras. Junker has more than enough armor to sustain versus weapons, its the ram that takes out the junkers baloon that is the worry.

I would increase Impact bumpers IMPACT damage reduction by another 15%. Because we need more tools that make us want to choose these tools.

Offline nhbearit

• Salutes: 27
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 01:50:49 pm »
Impact bumpers on a Junker would only waste a tool slot. Junkers simply don't benefit from them because a good Junker pilot DODGES any incoming rams. A Pyramidion coming in for a ram should be every Junker pilot's best-case scenario. Just kick on a little Kerosene and Phoenix claw and you're suddenly on the side of the Pyra with your kill guns ready to go.