Author Topic: Reagan's Star Wars, or Shooting Down Projectiles  (Read 24380 times)

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: Reagan's Star Wars, or Shooting Down Projectiles
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 10:06:21 pm »
Projectiles definetly can be shot down. Hitting projectiles with projectiles from the same weapon will destroy both (i.e. a mortar shell hitting an enemy mortar shell). Happened to me occasionally. I did not happen to see projectiles from different weapons hit each other, so I can make no statement about that. (btw mines hitting eachother before arming will also destroy both, an armed mine however can not be shot down by a single unarmed one)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 11:55:17 pm »
Now I'm interested to see a Hwacha Galleon fight. I wonder if opposing Hwacha fires would reduce the effectiveness of both Hwachas.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 04:24:35 pm »
I've been in enough novice matches to know that the rockets hitting each other is not the reason such a fight takes so long.

Offline obliviondoll

• Salutes: 26
    • [BSky]
    • View Profile
    • obliviondoll's blog (barely-maintained)
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 06:45:41 am »
Now I'm interested to see a Hwacha Galleon fight. I wonder if opposing Hwacha fires would reduce the effectiveness of both Hwachas.
I've done it a couple of times.

If you have Heavy Clip and the other Galleon doesn't, you win if you keep your distance. If you get in close with Burst while the enemy still has Heavy Clip loaded, you win. If you get shots on their Hwachas before they have you in their own arcs, you win. The fires don't matter as much as a solid volley being enough to disable the guns.

At least, that's my experience. YMMV.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 05:40:33 pm »
I haven't seen it happen, if it does at all, but I don't think its such a good idea to implement it.  It would buff Gat and Carronade, and any high spread, high fire rate weapon.  Imagine a Junker with its armour down, and someone fires a big ball of fuck you in the form of a Heavy Flak round.  Someone sees/hears it and fires their carronade at the right time, the flak shot blows up.  Someone fires Hwacha, and as they're traveling the target opens up with a gat.  Gat shots hit the rockets and they disappear.  I DO think its a cool idea, but I don't want it.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 05:52:13 pm »
I haven't seen it happen, if it does at all, but I don't think its such a good idea to implement it.  It would buff Gat and Carronade, and any high spread, high fire rate weapon.  Imagine a Junker with its armour down, and someone fires a big ball of fuck you in the form of a Heavy Flak round.  Someone sees/hears it and fires their carronade at the right time, the flak shot blows up.  Someone fires Hwacha, and as they're traveling the target opens up with a gat.  Gat shots hit the rockets and they disappear.  I DO think its a cool idea, but I don't want it.
You know those scenarios you described are an argument FOR this, because they sound badass.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 06:10:59 pm »
You know those scenarios you described are an argument FOR this, because they sound badass.

But muh balance!  Screw it, that does sound pretty awesome.

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 05:10:25 pm »

Yeah right. First of all we do not know how much damage a shell/rocket must receive in order to be destroyed. Second, nobody reported any hitscan raycast weapon to have shot down projectiles and third, if anybody manages to hit those projectiles midair intentionally, he/she deserves to shoot it down.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 05:13:37 pm »
Just thinking... Pretty sure projectiles wouldn't have a value for health. Thus right now cannot be destroyed.

It would be a good feature though. Maybe. If it was balanced. Things most certainly would change. That's for sure.

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 05:41:31 pm »
Go to practice mode with a buddy, have an artemis on both ships, shoot eachothers artemis at the same time. Begone, none believer.

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 05:47:36 pm »
Isn't that because they 'deploy'?
I don't think a carronade pellet or gat bullet would have the same effect.
I think if two weapons who' deploy' shoot each other, (H. Flak, hades, etc.) and hit the impact 'deploys' them, as you have observed.
Raycast weapons can't.
I dont think they are 'destroyed' but it counts as an impact.

I think i repeated myself, and i think that was awfully formatted. Whoops.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 06:04:16 pm »
Isn't that because they 'deploy'?
I don't think a carronade pellet or gat bullet would have the same effect.
I think if two weapons who' deploy' shoot each other, (H. Flak, hades, etc.) and hit the impact 'deploys' them, as you have observed.
Raycast weapons can't.
I dont think they are 'destroyed' but it counts as an impact.

I think i repeated myself, and i think that was awfully formatted. Whoops.
Carronades and gats are the only raycast weapons right? Then there's the flamethrower and all other weapons spawn a physical projectile.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 06:06:03 pm »
Projectiles have 200hp.

Its not know which (if any) damage modifier applies.

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 06:10:01 pm »
Projectiles have 200hp.

:O

How was this test done?

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 08:21:05 pm »
There in fact are very specific modifiers for projectiles. I've seen them. They are SEEEEEEEEECRET!