Author Topic: A break from goio  (Read 13792 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
A break from goio
« on: November 15, 2014, 06:45:51 pm »
Hi guys

Before I start - I'm not writing this for any attention or pity. I just want to share my story. If you don't have anything clever to write - don't. If you don't care, don't read.

Today I deleted GOIO

For some time it was less and less fun for me to play and I noticed that most of the time I do play I find myself only frustrated, never entertained and happy with what I see. So I decided it's time to let go, I will not waste time on game that is not fun for me. It's even sadder when I think that I really  l o v e d  this game when I bought it.

I think the biggest problem is that even if you have three smart people on the ship and one lvl5 idiot who decides to be the second pilot (yeah, this happened today too) you are going to be so crippled that fighting anyone stops being valid or fun. I think that in 1.3.7 we had greater power to avoid such people and now it's almost impossible.

I treat this as a break but there's a reasonable chance that it's a break that I won't return from. I hope I'm wrong. I truly do. I wish everything best to Muse because they made the game that I spent almost 600 hours playing - more than any other game before. But maybe now it's not the game for me anymore.

For now, goodbye. And clear skies for everyone.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: A break from goio
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 06:48:13 pm »
I never flied with you- i don't think.

But still, farewell. Clear skies.

Happy Birthday

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 06:49:18 pm »
Hope to see you back soon.

Send the devs an e-mail with your reasoning so they can hear from someone other than me how frustrated we are....

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 06:50:49 pm »
@sparklerfish

I will

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 06:52:07 pm »
They won't give a fuck. Even if all experienced crew will say "fuck this shit". Pardon my profanity, I'm angry. Again. And feverish. Which makes things worse.

Just waiting for that dickhead, some may know what I'm talking about (not bout any dev), to come and put me in the state of bloodlust.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 06:52:37 pm »
I lost interest in pubs aswell.
Its not fun to beat new players 5-0.
Its not fun being beaten due to a unskilled ally.

luckily I can keep myself entertained with competitive organizing, this and that.
but the game content is outplayed for me, and im no longer having fun unless its with friends or with skilled players.
I think its just natural, for a long time the player retention kept people uninterested and we didnt get the skilled players to stay, so its a stream of constant new players who join in.
Hopefully mm patch fixes this, but lets see. Its too early to determine.

Offline Mezhu

• Salutes: 33
    • [Sgar]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 06:57:57 pm »
cy@

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 07:43:04 pm »
I'm pretty much only interested in doing 3v3 events, single ship Timmy B events, and COOP mode.

The GOIO lore is still good and I remain working on the VN, but yeah, we this week pretty much came to the conclusion that only COOP mode can save GOIO now. I've been supportive of Muse overall because this isn't as bad as they've done in the past but, going this many weeks without resolution and the last patches only made the problem worse...yeah, not good.

Yeah I like that they sped the game up but they didn't address key ship problems before they did it.

In the end, its not that I don't want to play the game, its the idea of playing it makes me want to play something else. Want the good game I know back and I'd like the Dev App to actually mean something again.

Gimmie COOP mode Muse and a lot of us will be back in force, but this, great for the trollers and people with zero attention spans, but not for the core fans. Reminds me of why I stopped playing the original Bad Company over XBL. Battles went from fun and interesting to just a bunch of 10yr olds and match hacking. When the core fans left, the bad players flourished. Any core fan returning quickly left again.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 10:52:40 pm »
In the end, its not that I don't want to play the game, its the idea of playing it makes me want to play something else. Want the good game I know back.

Gimmie COOP mode Muse and a lot of us will be back in force, but this, great for the trollers and people with zero attention spans, but not for the core fans.
My god, Gilder, that is exactly how I feel. I've somewhat put the game into a state of suspension, due to the changes. Sure, I'll play a few matches of GoIO, if asked. I just won't linger afterwards. I've all but replaced it with Robocraft and SWTOR.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 11:14:32 pm »
dammit.  dammit!

I want to throw every reason out there for you to keep playing.  fly with me, fly with my clan if they're cool with you joining (I'm sure they would be), something!  -heavy sigh- this is a bitter pill to swallow.  :(  I get it, I do.  I just don't want it to be the case.  you're really active, I don't want to lose you.

...fair winds, Disaster.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:16:12 pm by shaelyn »

Offline shaelyn

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 12:12:02 am »
and hey.  thank you for not just dropping off the face of the earth.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 12:14:03 am »
fly with my clan if they're cool with you joining (I'm sure they would be)

Officer of [Clan] Clan Clan confirming I'm cool with it.

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 02:56:08 am »
just yesterday, us 3 lvl 40-45 got matched with lvl 1-10

This doesnt balance because of level ofcourse.
But man... their skill shows with those levels.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 04:45:37 am »
Never nice to see a vet go because the newbies and stuck up idiots are causing that much frustration :( I'm always willing to give tips to new players on my ship, as many many other players here are! This does not solve the problem of the players who are not interested in learning, or think they know better because they played other FPS games.....

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 05:47:06 am »
This is why my GOIO friends list takes like 3 minutes to scroll down.

If you're in a decent clan, I will add you.

E.g. 'Oh look a Clan, spqr, rydr, duck, gent, csm, bard, tbb, tb, mm, sac, ovw, gwth I haven't seen before, better add them because I know they'll communicate and generally be fun to fly with.

Also my experience is helped generally helped by only flying with those I know.

But it is still sad that a full cake ship, that's like 45/45/40/30+ will get match made against an under prepared, under levelled opponent that gets stomped. I'm beyond feeling bad now because if that's what match maker wants to do, then I say let it do it.

This is broken.

Flying on your own with pubs is awful yes, it's like a test of will, how long can you go without going ballistic?