Author Topic: Match type descriptions in the lobby screen.  (Read 5055 times)

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Match type descriptions in the lobby screen.
« on: November 09, 2014, 12:17:24 am »
Since match maker thinks I am equal to a brand new player... I have been having a lot of games with new players, which is ok I don't mind.. But I have noticed that a lot of them do not understand how CP or CK works, and it might help if in the lobby there was some text box that explained how the current map type works.. Maybe in place of  where you have the "Levels or meaningless" text currently.. :P

So like for CP it could say "Try to hold the point in the center of the map while you fend off enemies".. or like CK you could say "Move from point to point, trying to capture as many points as you can. Active point always go in alphabetical order." and.. well everyone knows what death match is.. Some think every match is death match.. Which is the problem..

I am unsure if this is in the tutorials, because.. I haven't touched those in well over a year... but if it is, they aren't doing a good job. An having this text may not completely solve the problem..  but.. It can't hurt.. At lest people might be more aware of the match type and how it works..

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
Re: Match type descriptions in the lobby screen.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 03:04:52 am »
This please.  It doesn't explain it in the tutorials and it has a vague blurb in the map screen/level loading screen but it isn't terribly clear.  Crazy king in particular could use a good explanation for newer players.  It's not the most intuitive mode and I have to explain it to people quite often.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 05:16:34 am »
+1, I can't stop repeating we need game modes tutorial
This may be a start.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 08:14:36 am »
Yep +1 I've gone whole matches before without fighting anyone. I don't think they knew what was going on.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 11:19:02 am »
I think a LARGE overlay on the screen with a big arrow pointing toward the active point saying "YOU NEED TO GO HERE TO CAPTURE THE POINT" would be more effective.

The large glowing shiny star is not clue enough.

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 02:08:28 pm »
I think a LARGE overlay on the screen with a big arrow pointing toward the active point saying "YOU NEED TO GO HERE TO CAPTURE THE POINT" would be more effective.

The large glowing shiny star is not clue enough.

I actually considered the same thing.. but you know muse would say its to much...