Author Topic: Looking for Aus/Asia players (Asia Server)  (Read 7538 times)

Offline gginw

• Salutes: 0
    • [TPH]
    • View Profile
Looking for Aus/Asia players (Asia Server)
« on: October 27, 2014, 11:35:08 pm »
Hello !! Any Aus/Asia players out there?
ello! I am a big fan of Guns of Icarus Online from Asia! It's really hard to find a match on Aus/Asia server.Any Aus/Asia player out there? Do you guys know any group me and my friends could join? Thank you!!!

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Aus/Asia players (Asia Server)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 02:04:02 am »
Well there's Sandy Hawkins, there's also Pechka and that's about as much as I know, Sandy is Cake and I see him pretty much every day. Pechka pops in every once and a while during my active hours (Which happen to be PST) but I'm not entirely sure how active she is normally.

Offline Pechka Pechenka

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 36
    • [・ω・♪]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 01:48:26 am »
Hello.

I think players live in Europe and America don't want to join the server because they often feel lag at there.
Therefore, Aus/Asia players join EU or USA servers.

But there are many good Australian players, I wish you can find and enjoy playing with them!

Unfortunately most of Japanese players are shy to communicate, so I think you will not notice even if they are on same ship with you...

Offline Sandy Hawkins

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 03:57:14 am »
Well there's Sandy Hawkins, there's also Pechka and that's about as much as I know, Sandy is Cake and I see him pretty much every day. Pechka pops in every once and a while during my active hours (Which happen to be PST) but I'm not entirely sure how active she is normally.

Yeah, I'm Aussie. I typically play on the American servers though as there are way more people there, and if I'm going to get 150 ping on the Asian servers I don't mind going to 300 to have actual people I know. But by all means feel free to shoot me a PM and we'll see if we can get a lobby going.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 06:13:34 am »
Honestly I never noticed much difference in lag for Asia servers vs EU. For a time, this community was so small you sometimes had to play on them to get games.

I miss the Japanese players. I used to run with them from time to time. If you come across them, hop in, its worth it. But Pechka is right, they don't often talk openly in pub matches. I understand a little Japanese so when I'd find one I'd try to use either simple terms or terms I knew. Got invited to a private match a couple of times. Really enjoyed it. Understood bits and pieces of what they spoke. Made me wish there was better Japanese programs here.

I used to see them often but then they kinda vanished. Unless the times they played changed, I dunno. Wish I could help you on that. I tried to get Megane to get them into GOIO competitive but that never panned out so I just fly with Japanese ship names till that day comes!

Offline Pind

• Salutes: 3
    • [─┼──]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 02:07:02 pm »
Just got the game a couple days ago and love it. Send me a friend invite!

Play out of China and would love to play on a server where I don't lag like crazy.

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 10:44:06 pm »
I'm from Hong Kong, throw me a friend invite! I'd love to get enough people together to savour some of dat glorious 20ms ping xD