Author Topic: Government in the GOIO  (Read 42368 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Government in the GOIO
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2015, 11:06:22 am »
I don't think the Chaladonians are meddling that much with other Nations. Diplomats yes, but I feel they are pretty isolationist.

Not meddling?!

The scum are withholding the cure from those of us suffering from the Grey Blight that plagues the vastness, we the Trading Troops, as an arm of the mercantile guild shall crush any Chaladonians who dare stand in our way of getting the cure!
Meddling evil alchemists and hippy tree huggers!

(please note that is an IC point of view ;) )

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Government in the GOIO
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2015, 06:18:48 pm »
The scum are withholding the cure from those of us suffering from the Grey Blight that plagues the vastness, we the Trading Troops, as an arm of the mercantile guild shall crush any Chaladonians who dare stand in our way of getting the cure!
Meddling evil alchemists and hippy tree huggers!

I had an interesting thought.

Grey Blight is a thing. Chaladonians research it, but haven't found the cure. Since Chaladonians are all secretive about what they do, other factions have no idea what they've got. Mercantile Guild accuses Chaladon of withholding the cure. Chaladonian diplomats decide to use the situation to their advantage. They bluff (or just simply don't deny) that they have the cure, telling other factions to play nice if they want them. Mercantile Guild just downright gets frustrated and sends the Trading Troops.

A misunderstanding, manipulation, and war. Just a thought I brewed in my dreams.