Author Topic: Phonographs  (Read 6423 times)

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Phonographs
« on: March 30, 2013, 03:08:44 pm »
Ok so since this is taking place after the world ended (post WW1) I thought about, "What would happen to the music??" The music of the WW1 era of course, you could implement old records as very rare finds and pieces to Phonographs scattered around the place and in shops. When you get all the pieces together you could build the Phonograph and listen to the old records you found, as well as lore items, such as propaganda records etc. etc. I would love to listen to old Ragtime music while blowing ships out of the sky, it would have an erie beauty about it, however copyrighting may be an issue >.>

some music of course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB5_FScm41Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Hbh_-IRs8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MM_d9UN1go
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 03:13:44 pm by Connor Mc. »

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Phonographs
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 03:48:13 pm »
I would love if this game had some time-sensitive music. Fallout 3 had a radio that played 1950s(ish) music, but if you turned it off, it played the ambiance sort of stuff that GoI:O has right now.

Offline Connor Mc.

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 03:57:31 pm »
Yeah, I remember from Bioshock they had radios and phonographs lying around that would play music as-well, it would be cool to put one on your ship somewhere and blast it across the desert, the peeps at GOI can create artists since a lot of the music may not have been written due to the length of the war, and just write ambient music that sounds like it's from that era, then of course release it as a sound track on iTunes for some extra cash

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 07:28:31 pm »
Goio radio station with dj bubbles please.

Offline Nadrynne

• Salutes: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 09:44:12 pm »
Maybe it could take up a light gun slot - I only ever point my Goldfish's prow at the enemy anyway. You could add records as a new gunner item!

On a serious note I think it would be nice to get some "accessories" to decorate our airships with.

Offline Connor Mc.

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 09:51:19 pm »
Yeah with erie period music, it would be "mondo cool" as the kids say today

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 12:17:36 am »
On a serious note I think it would be nice to get some "accessories" to decorate our airships with.

Don't worry, airship customization is on its way.  It's the next big item in Muse's knock list.