Author Topic: New mode - Conquest?  (Read 5924 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
New mode - Conquest?
« on: October 04, 2014, 04:43:25 pm »
Hi folks
Recently I thought that many people don't want to play Crazy King, so basically the only viable mode for 4v4 is deathmatch (I'm not sure if you can play Desert Scrap on 4v4). So basically I thought I'd love to see something similar to conquest mode from Battlefield series. How I see it in GOIO:
-4v4 maps only
- 2 - 3 points availible
-All points active (basically CP with 4 players and 2 points)
-Perhaps easier capturing (sume suggestions may be found here https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4818.0.html)
-Score limit set probably higher than CK matches - testing would show.
So what do you guys think?

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
Re: New mode - Conquest?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 04:48:27 pm »
they used to have a mode like this called resource race, and well.... it was considered even worse than crazy king which is why they don't have it any more. problem being even with 4 vs 4 and only 3 points you could still go a game without seeing an enemy ship cause there was just so much running around, and nothing forcing the ships to meet and fight each other.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 04:48:50 pm »
This mode used to be in the game. It was called Resource Race. Anglean Raiders was the only map for it though. But they turned it into Crazy King because it was boring, due to the complete lack of combat.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 04:56:47 pm »
Oh, I see. But I'd argue that you can make it 2 points instead of three and then you have a kind of "double CP" mode.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 05:11:15 pm »
Oh, I see. But I'd argue that you can make it 2 points instead of three and then you have a kind of "double CP" mode.
Yeah, 2 points would be a very different dynamic than the 5 points/ 3v3 ships that anglean raiders resource race used to be.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 05:47:10 pm »
IMO we should have gotten more 2v2 CP battles a long time ago. It has been a common request and would do a heck of a lot more for the competitive scene which to me is stagnant and revolving solely around whatever ship/gun Muse decides to bless. CP adds the tactical aspect and strategy. Many clans have tried to employ this in competitive. Thralls being probably the most well known. But even then, its just 2v2 and it is forever limited by that. A total shift to 3v3 would mix things up even more and we'd start to see more creativity, but you need the clan member support to do it. Some can, most can't. More events like Timmy B would be a great thing to keep building a 3v3 league. It gets smaller groups into it and they either grow or get drafted onto existed clans.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 07:38:27 pm »
IMO we should have gotten more 2v2 CP battles a long time ago. It has been a common request and would do a heck of a lot more for the competitive scene which to me is stagnant and revolving solely around whatever ship/gun Muse decides to bless.

Yeah, after I wrote this post, it came to my mind that basically making more CP maps can be easier and more effective way around than making a whole new mode. And Muse isn't even willing to do that (for now).

Many clans have tried to employ this in competitive. Thralls being probably the most well known. But even then, its just 2v2 and it is forever limited by that.

True that, and also how many CP maps do we have? Labirynth, Desert Scrap and.... that's it? Am I right that we have literally 2 CP maps? I always wondered why there's no big CP tournament - but maybe there's just not enough map variety for that

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 11:17:25 pm »
Well Refinery and Anglean fall into the CP category even though they are CK. Its objective based capture points, just the points move. For 2v2 you wouldn't even need to be limited to 1 point, just do a 3 point CP or CK. The maps are big enough for it. You don't need lore or area tie in either if you approach it as a territory control instead of capturing "oil rig" or things like that.

Aerodrome was originally all CP/CK. This year it's branching out and bringing in DM and scorekeeper managed VIP. Part to make it more open to other modes and also because the location changes. Due to the addition of Baronies and Chaladon lands, it would be weird if the factions weren't actually fighting over the area. This has also been a holdup to why there wasn't a Guild/Arashi centered event. There aren't any maps for it. But I do have a possible stopgap idea to plug that. Maybe see it next year of all goes well.