Author Topic: Quack Quack, it's Duck Time  (Read 507946 times)

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Quack Quack, it's Duck Time
« Reply #360 on: July 20, 2013, 11:27:27 pm »
I know for a fact there's a "Quack Baby"

Offline Oddysseus

• Salutes: 1
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 20, 2013, 11:27:46 pm »
The Quacking Dead?

Offline Oddysseus

• Salutes: 1
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 20, 2013, 11:31:23 pm »

Anybody questioning it should be answered with this quote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBhRJf30LE
Replacing "Crack" with "Quack"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:33:48 pm by Oddysseus »

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 21, 2013, 04:33:36 am »

Coming soon to probably a hospital, I think!

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 21, 2013, 04:44:17 am »
Just wanted to drop by right quick and say HELL YEAH to my fellow RAFT compatriots, as well as the Paddling, who made an impressive showing as always.

And now, I will hold my fist in the air for approximately ten seconds. I do strictly charge and require all personnel reading this message to do the same at the time of reading.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 21, 2013, 01:50:18 pm »
Brace yourselves, darlings. A raft of ducks are coming to flush the top spots free of other clans :P

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 21, 2013, 08:35:31 pm »
The best thing about next week is that win or loose, a duck team will be champ, and that will make qwerty & swallow mad. }:D

Just kidding. Gl hf and all that.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 21, 2013, 09:45:08 pm »
This occured during a recent game of mine.

http://imgur.com/RmUfSHw

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 21, 2013, 10:16:25 pm »
This occured during a recent game of mine.

http://imgur.com/RmUfSHw

Very nice.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 21, 2013, 11:46:39 pm »
HEY DUCKS
I am back from PAX Melbourne.

...What'd I miss? :)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 22, 2013, 12:23:15 am »
You missed everything.

Midway through the BFS-Paddling match, Squash turned into a giant mallard and began knocking over buildings. He was too tall to see the enemy ships, though, so he only ran in the direction of the breadcrumbs, and luckily ended up trampling them, getting five kills in one minute. Then all the Ducks burst into song, forming a glorious harmony of quacking. The joint decision was then made to migrate to New Zealand to show those kiwi birds how it's done.

Apart from that, not much.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 22, 2013, 04:33:16 am »
Damn. That is a lot.
Welp, no more going outside for me from now on, then.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 26, 2013, 07:28:51 am »
So, I've played GoI for quite a while now and reached a point where I can state to have experienced most of the stuff public games have got to offer. As I really like the game and want to stay around a little longer, I've decided to enter the clan scene to keep the game interesting.

As for myself: I feel comfortable with all roles the game has got to offer. If I had to name a preference I’d probably choose the pilot, as it syntheses the aspects guns of Icarus is all about: communication, strategy, tactics and a skilled handling of the equipment you’ve chosen. Still I like the more leisure life of a crewmember as well – it’s plain fun to turn ships into those of well-oiled killing machines every pilot wants to fly.

Though joining the Top Clan feels like to “settle down in a made nest” (german proverb), which kind of ruins the thrill of the chase, I nevertheless consider joining you guys. Mostly because you seem to be a bunch of highly skilled players who are likely able to still teach me a couple of tweaks. Also I’ve never seen any of you guys behaving like dicks and I repute the majority of your members to be rather communicative and even-tempered which I – unfortunately - can’t state for every competitive clan out there.

However there’s one thing holding me back from applying for a join right away. Your steam group consists of more than 90 players already, while you can only field 16 players in the cog matches with your two fleets.  As I definitely want to actually participate in competitive matches and don’t want to end up as a bench warmer, it’s essential for me that I can expect to be fielded on a regular basis. Hence I’d like to know much large your ACTIVE player base actually is and if you provided some insights on your fielding policy, you would really help me to appraise whether I fit into your clan or not.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:34:02 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 26, 2013, 07:37:56 am »
Yeah Wundsalz I've played with you a few times and I think you're an extremely high caliber player, so I appreciate your interest, let me clarify a few things about the Ducks for you, and anyone reading this.

1. Every Duck is active. As anyone who's been a Duck more than a month can tell you, about 4 weeks ago (with plenty of warning) I went through our Steam group and removed anyone who was inactive, I gauged that by their Icarus activity in the last 2 weeks, as shown by their Steam profile. I looked at everyone's profiles and removed people. We have 91 people as of this moment, meaning 99 people have at some time been ducks. I believe that means of everyone that's ever become a Duck, almost 92% of them are still playing Guns of Icarus Online actively.

2. Active doesn't mean competitive. There's a line between casual play and competitively play, and most Ducks play casually, either because they can't play on tournament days due to their schedules, or they just don't have the interest.

3. We have three cogs teams right now, which means each week up to 24 Ducks will play in Cogs. That's right now. Until recently we also loaned Ducks to small clans who had trouble filling their numbers for Cogs, but due to recent rules changes we can't do that anymore, we're looking for alternatives. When we have enough interested, capable and dedicated Ducks to field a fourth team, we will start a fourth team. We don't keep people on the bench.

4. Quack.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:40:22 am by Squash »

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 26, 2013, 12:12:32 pm »
The new sub rules for the cogs  are really hampering this but in the past we've had a terrific track record at getting players into competitive matches that wanted to join the competitive scene.