Author Topic: "The Cogs" Ruleset  (Read 49615 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: "The Cogs" Ruleset
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 03:41:25 pm »
Crew and Substitutes
Each team has to have a complete roster of eight members. Two captains and six crew, spread across two ships. Failure to provide a full crew roster on the day of an event is ground for an automatic loss and a compromise match.

Its already there.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 07:16:55 pm »
no alcoholic liquids are allowed, except moonshine

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 06:59:55 am »
Currently we are unable to enforce any ship or weapon-related mandates... And so a team is permitted to switch their builds and roles right up until the last second of the lobby's countdown timer. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN PERIL. If a ship is incorrectly fitted due to last second switching, the match WILL NOT be restarted. You have been warned.
so it will be ok if the team will confuse their enemy by taking one build and changing it to another at the last seconds?

Offline Linen

• Salutes: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 10:39:01 am »
Looks like. Can't see that it can be interpreted any differently.

Although it's risky and I'm pretty sure some will see it as a dirty move.  ;D

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 12:40:56 pm »
That happened to us on both sides with the Pastafariens, and so I brought that up in after game interview. They have no plans on initiating a ban on changing weapon load outs at last second, unless it is abused.

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 12:43:33 pm »
Your example Zitruskiller would be abusive, and unsportsman conduct to do so intentionality I would think. it is different if you are trying to match the other load out.

Offline TukketTaco

• Salutes: 2
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 04:51:10 pm »
Crew and Substitutes
Each team has to have a complete roster of eight members. Two captains and six crew, spread across two ships. Failure to provide a full crew roster on the day of an event is ground for an automatic loss and a compromise match.

Does the captain HAVE to absolutely be in the captain spot? My style of playing is interesting and I prefer to fly as an engineer...

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 04:54:49 pm »
Crew and Substitutes

Does the captain HAVE to absolutely be in the captain spot? My style of playing is interesting and I prefer to fly as an engineer...

That role's actually called pilot, captain is an entirely different thing. If you want to play as an engineer captain in The Cogs, go for it. Hell, you can run without a pilot if you really want to.

Offline TukketTaco

• Salutes: 2
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 05:18:41 pm »
Crew and Substitutes

That role's actually called pilot, captain is an entirely different thing. If you want to play as an engineer captain in The Cogs, go for it. Hell, you can run without a pilot if you really want to.

AH, haha I've always just called it captain, sorry. Thank you for clarifying though! A friend told me I wasn't allowed to do that.

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 07:52:35 pm »
Crew and Substitutes

AH, haha I've always just called it captain, sorry. Thank you for clarifying though! A friend told me I wasn't allowed to do that.

Your friend is derp.

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 07:48:41 am »
If i clearly understood, we (polaris) in week 7, will play  against the winner in the muse-squadron match. If muse will win, can they fight against the challenger cog team, or they are always at the upcomers cog?

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 11:12:19 am »
Theoretically, Muse can go all the way to the Champion spot. The only difference between the Muse team and the other teams is that Muse are allowed to play with AI crew members, 'cause they sort of made the game. (and they sometimes have trouble finding crew since they're, y'know, making the game.)

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 11:51:11 am »
Also, we made the AI. If you make them, you can play with them on your team. So, you guys could like, bring your kids or something.

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 12:10:49 pm »
Also, we made the AI. If you make them, you can play with them on your team. So, you guys could like, bring your kids or something.

oh I'll let my 8 year old daughter have a go on a gun if we can't find a sub next time  :P

P.S. - when making the AI...  naming one of them Phoebe was bound to confuse people :(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:12:27 pm by Phoebe »

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 05:28:19 am »
what if both teams dont play?