Author Topic: Sub-Character Stories  (Read 4711 times)

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
Sub-Character Stories
« on: June 17, 2014, 10:51:11 pm »
I saw the original "Character Stories" thread and began thinking about the characters that people sometimes create and role play as every now and then, to liven up discussion with their own character. These stories are aimed at certain characters that you RP as, but aren't actually here on the forums (to my knowledge). Maybe it's some side characters that are free-lance pirates,  maybe it's a newlywed pair who run a bar, I don't know. The only rule of the thread is that the said character can't share your forum name. I'll put in my contribution towards a side character I had in mind to be in contact with my own.

You know that chill you get when you feel like something's off, but everything seems normal? That shiver down your spine while sitting in an impenetrable bunker? There's a guy who is that feeling, carrying an entire snow-white suit and blood-red tie, sporting an equally classy and white bowler hat, crisp glasses, and an incredibly calm composition towards everything, keeping everything in mind. That man has been responsible for many a notable merchant or pilot's untimely "accident", and keeping himself clean every time. He always carries around a sharp cracking revolver, trying to stay in suit of his... well... suit. Always selling his skills to the highest bidder, this dapper mercenary continuously runs into targets with bigger guns than him, and every time he has cleaned them out with the simple quiet sound he's notorious for, one that if anyone hears at all, they would already be dead. The quiet *twip* from his silenced guns.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Sub-Character Stories
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 10:04:26 pm »
The Academy, the premiere military school of the Burren. Located in the heart of Anvala, it is one of the main reasons why the city produce the best marksmen throughout the world. Combine with the best gunsmiths, those who graduate and explore out into the Dunes are trained and equipped to handle any situations. With ever upgrading facilities, tough as nails instructors, and rigours training, only the best can finish and be titled as either a Defender or an Elite on the ground or be worthy enough to serve as a crewman on board it's sky fleet. Officer or enlisted, applicants never run out as hundreds from the surrounding region apply to help strengthen their hometown or join the ranks of Anvala's best.

~3 Annums Ago~

Courage Bell

Anvala, The Academy Training Grounds, 0706

Two oval tracks are seen with equipment on the grass located in the center of the tracks. Running around them are a group of fifty some people each. Standing on the edge of the track and grass, instructors with watches and clipboards are tallying laps. One with a bullhorn bellows out into the fields.

"MOVE YOUR MOLASSES!!! I'VE SEEN SAND SLUGS MOVE FASTER THEN YOU LOT!"

Ah, another day in "Paradise", or so it's been said by our instructors for over a million times in the past 8 weeks. They may think so, but to us training under the hot Burren sun for hours upon hours doesn't seem like a cool summer breeze on a Chaladonian beach. Thought being on higher elevation in the Crown Mountains would elevate some of the heat, nope I was wrong, still as hot as when I was back in Sarin or hotter.

Why am I out in the sun early on this fine morning? Currently my division and brother division are running around the track getting our final physical fitness test done. After this week its graduation for our two divisions along with four others and if we don't pass this, well then another whole week in "Paradise".

"FOR THOSE WHO ARE AIMING TO BECOME AN ELITE, TWO MINUTES LEFT TO QUALIFY. FOR THE REST OF YA, KEEP RUNNING , STILL GOT FOUR MORE MINUTES TO GO."

Ah Flak, don't think I'm gonna make the Elite time, and four more minutes to complete three laps. Damn it, got to push it out.

Charles Nelson

Instructor's Lounge

A decently sized room, three tables are placed around the center while the walls are lined with a few couches and shelves. Adjacent to one of the walls is an entire counter littered with boxes of food and a coffee pot at the end. With a fresh pot brewing, the room starts to smell of the aroma.
A few men are sitting at the table talking amongst themselves while one looks out the window looking at the recruits running on the tracks.  

One from the tables sees him, gets up and nudges him.

"So Nelson, ready to hit the streets and get back into the field again then being stuck in this schoolhouse?"

Looking over his shoulder to him and back out the window he says, "Yeah, more exciting then teaching I would say."

The instructor moves around him and looks out as well.

"Hmm most likely you'll take a squad from those divisions, said to graduate next week," he says in a knowing tone, "But I bet these patrols around the city isn't as exciting as the ones you had back in the Conflict. Still can't believe that you fought in the same war that the Admiral fought in annums ago."

Taking his eyes off from the window, Nelson stares off at the ceiling.

"Huh has it been twelve years since the start of the war?" 

Overhearing the small conversation, those still at the table face the two at the window.

"One hell of a war from what I heard. Didn't in the first few months a majority of the Guilds ships were destroyed?"

"Yeah, that initial push had us near their coast," Nelson  says as he grabs a seat with them, "Almost ended it early if it hadn't been for their costal ships. Lost so many troop transports to their guns. The one I was on almost went down as well."

"Damn, what so then what happen?"

"So, it's going to be telling my old wars stories huh? Hehe okay. Well we fell back across the Gulf and staged a defense line along the coast...."

One week later

Western District Barraks

"Ahh first day as a Defender. Aren't you guys glad that boot is over?"

Donning working uniforms and grabbing their weapons, the thirty people of Division 324 prepare to go on their very first patrol inside and around the city. Talking is rampant as the four squads wait in anticipation of who their Division Commander and their individual Squad Leaders are going to be.

Adjusting the sling to his rifle, Bell answers back to his squad mate, "I'm glad boot is over, just wished we had some liberty afterwards to rest."

"We had two days. Plus the high priority of this city and the raids that happen often, got to be ready."

"Eh. Well I just hope we get to go outside the Walls and man the turrets, those Heavy Flaks looks so mean that I want to fire them."

Just as Bell finishes his sentence, the door to the room opens and in comes five people. Seeing that they were highly ranked, the men of 324 quickly move and stand next to their racks waiting for what's to come.

The first to speak was an officer who introduce himself as the Division's new Lieutenant. He then names the four other men besides him and the squads that they will command.

"...Finally Delta Squad, you will have Staff Sargent Nelson. Listen to him very closely, he fought in the Conflict so he knows a thing or two. Now that we got introductions out of the way, I'll let you get to know your NCOs a little bit more, but in thirty we are heading out, we have the Gauntlet today boys."

"Yeahs" and high fives goes around as the Lieutenant leaves the room. Still inside, the NCOs gather their respective squads and give them some details about themselves as well as what they expect from each individual. Taking Delta Squad, Nelson leads them to one of the corner of the room and lay his pack down. Taking a seat on it, he addresses the group.

"Ok, I know that you guys have some questions for me, but let me just say this. Yes I did fought in the Guild-Baron Conflict so I have seen action. Because of that listen to everything that I say and you will survive. Even we are not in any war or conflict, things change in a matter of seconds. So now any questions."

Bell then raises his hand which Nelson calls on, "So Sarge, besides the war, did you get to see the 'wildlife' of the Fjords huh?"

This cause a few snickers in the squad as Nelson gives him a quizzical look.

"Wildlife? Of the Fjords, what in bloody name is a question like that?"

"Oh you know Sarge, the 'wiiildlife'," Bell said with air quotes around the word.

"Private you are not making any sense, the animals there are the same that run around Firfeld."

"Oh no, we are not talking about the field animals, more like the urban 'wildlife'"

Finally getting what the private meant, Nelson gives Bell a dead panned look, "Wow, you mean women. I have a feeling that I'll have to keep a close eye of you Private. So now any other questions that are now stupid as that one."

Laughter ensues after the Staff Sargent statement as Bell lightly chuckles. Soon, question after question were thrown at Nelson until the entire Division was called to move out. As they are getting loaded into the trucks, Nelson places a hand n Bell's shoulder.

"Where are you going private, you are going to seat next to me. Remember I'm watching you."

Groaning, Bell follows Nelson inside the flatbed set his gear besides him as the truck rolls out of the gate. Neither knowing the partnership they had created.

Ok still working on the Skies have no Limit ending, but it seemed a little slow in the Cantina so here's a small piece I wrote about two certain guards. Hoping to post the ending sometime next week so we can kick start a new thread.