Author Topic: Cyrillic wordfilter.  (Read 5537 times)

Offline Latrew

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Cyrillic wordfilter.
« on: March 25, 2013, 05:47:45 pm »
Hey guys, good work on the last update, it's really cool and nice seeing cyrillyc text in chat instead of translit because blah-blah-blah~. Ok, straight to the point. Since i can read cyrillic and understand russian language whole chat became even more irritating than ever before. It's like being in prison or middle school all over again( i mean school . school over again. yes). I swear to lord there literally wasn't a single line of russian text without obscene language. I'm dead serious. You could aswell move to NO THAT WOULD BE RACIST NEVERMIND. So here's DASHING idea, add basic form of wordfilter for russian obscene language. Atleast few most common words (and if someone tries to avoid filter, you still will be able to recognise them and horribly murder, warn that person. Because in next couple of weeks you'll learn these words anyway. From chat). Pretty please?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:00:57 pm by Latrew »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Cyrillic wordfilter.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 05:57:20 pm »
Definitely a good idea. There are some Russian CAs, and I'm sure that Muse would trust them to provide a list of words that should be filtered.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:02:54 pm »
A good idea if you could TURN THE GODDAMN THING OFF.  Forced swear filters are just horribly annoying in any communication-heavy game.

Offline Latrew

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 06:17:06 pm »
Well, things change while in battle (i wonder if there's someone without mic these days tho), i agree. But i have a question for you. Do you know what's the difference between average Jersey Shore episode and russian regional chat segment? ME NEITHER.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 06:19:45 pm »
Well, no, but that's because I don't speak Russian.  The idea that these Russian players are having a ball swearing their hearts out actually entertains me to no end.

I mean, here I am having to resort to ever more complex innuendos just to get my point across and these guys are just going at it, unrestricted.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:21:27 pm by Helmic »

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 06:30:33 pm »
We were working on Russian wordfilter. Probably some transliterations should be added, but the basic part is already finished. I'll contact Jess tomorrow to find out how soon it could be integrated (thought it will come together within the 1.1.5 patch)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 06:51:29 pm »
I have flown with a couple Russian ships and I still haven't learn any Russian curse words, now I am wondering what I have missed. There does seem to be a lack of maturity from some Russian players, but those are the ones I hear spamming voice chat in Russian. Chances are there are a greater number of mature Russian players who don't spam chat which I end up assuming are English speakers.