Author Topic: Differentiating user account name and character name  (Read 7600 times)

Offline The.Candyman

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Differentiating user account name and character name
« on: June 01, 2014, 06:12:43 pm »
Hi, i'm an italian player (I play online very rarely and I'm more susceptible about background issues) and i really hate being forced to play characters that reflect the name that I have chosen at the creation of the account. Could it be possible to create an always changeable name separated from the user account name? I'd like to play female and male characters and my peculiar mind would hate a female character with a male name or a male character with a male name belonging to a different character XD

I know that this is a very stupid thing for a online game, but I'm a peculiar player it is a thing that I really care about XD

Anyway, thanks for the attention! This game could really make me become an assiduous online player!

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
Re: Differentiating user account name and character name
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 08:36:56 pm »
sadly i think your one of the few people that care about this... so i do not think its really worth the effort for them to implement it.

Plus whats wrong with Dr. X that is one badass name

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 09:20:21 pm »
Unfortunately you can't do that as there are only a limited amount of name changes you can use.

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 09:27:15 pm »
Unfortunately you can't do that as there are only a limited amount of name changes you can use.

I was under the impression after the limited free name changes, you had to pay to change it? Maybe that was changed?..

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 10:22:31 pm »
I am not quite sure why you would want this as most people use usernames that are unrelated to actual names like my username, also Cheesy Crakcers who just commented. (I hope no one named their kid Cheesy Crackers)

I guess your best bet would be to keep your current username as it is unique and doesn't imply gender

Offline Hillerton [PC]

• Salutes: 10
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 04:40:51 am »
So since no one here really seem to addressees the problem and help I guess I will have to:(

You can currently change your name if you go to the "social page"(or what ever they changed it to in the last patch, don't really remember) in game, then press "my profile" (a round button on the right side). There you will see that you have a "change" button next to your name, if you press this you can change your name how ever you like:)
The first two times are free after that it costs a small amount, not sure about how much atm.

But yeah changing your name from the first one you picked is doable just not obvious

Fair winds and clear skies!

Ps I agree with the others Dr. X is a really cool name compared to a lot of others;)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 06:20:28 am »
You have few free name changes. If you can and want, change it to something more universal so that you dont have to worry about femeninity or masculinity regarding the sex you are playing.

The usual universal names are Account ID names. Or Avatar names. Your "Dr.X" fits well enough on a female also. But if you want you can change it to something more universal like... well im thinking of incredibly silly names you wouldnt even name a child. My name is actualy   Craft<Crafter<Crafxter<Crafekster<Crafeksterty (Erty for the booty like pronounciation hehe)

Addition: Basically avatar names is the thing you want, and Dr.X works.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:27:33 am by Crafeksterty »

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 06:35:20 am »
This is mentioned in the Community Standards:

You may rename yourself twice for free and after that there will be a small charge.  This is to promote players becoming a more permanent feature in the community and to treat their name with respect.

So Muse have made the decision to restrict player renames.  This hopefully makes everyone accountable and more responsible for our actions.

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 11:15:30 am »
Also, if you keep changing your name, people who added you to their friend lists will find it really difficult to keep up with who you are.

Offline The.Candyman

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 05:29:15 pm »
Ok, I meditated and I accepted that I have to consider my name as unrelated with my characters XD, as someon of you suggested

So, even if finding available a name cool as "Dr. X" is an event more unique than rare, I changed my nickname to a variant of my preferred nickname. Being the Candyman is almost part of my inner self XD

Thanks to everyone!