Author Topic: weapon idea: Light Nailer  (Read 6260 times)

Offline omegaskorpion

• Salutes: 7
    • [CwG]
    • View Profile
weapon idea: Light Nailer
« on: June 01, 2014, 06:56:37 am »
Light Nailer

Stats

Direct Damage:    6 Flechette

Burst Damage:    6 shatter

Effective Vs:    Balloon, guns, engines

Rate of Fire:    10 Bullets/s

Reload Speed:      5,5 s

Magazine Size:    100

Projectile Speed:    525 m/s²

Range:    625 meters

Size:    Light

Horizontal Angles:    50 deg Left; 50 deg Right

Vertical Angles:    50 deg Up, 20-25 deg Down

Other information

Light Nailer is made to shoot balloons or components  from medium rainge

My other ideas

Ships:

swan
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4156.0.html
turtle
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4160.0.html
skyreaper
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4162.0.html
dragonfly
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4161.0.html
ikazuchi
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4243.0.html

Guns:

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4251.0.html

(stats, model and the name are just ideas that can be changed)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:25:51 am by omegaskorpion »

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: weapon idea: Light Nailer
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 10:18:39 am »
Its definetly a variant of the gattling. But does it spread or is it a straight shooter?

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 10:25:42 am »
Its definetly a variant of the gattling. But does it spread or is it a straight shooter?

it does indeed spread, but the ammount of spreads... i have no idea yet

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 01:27:34 pm »
This one i kinda like its like a spray and pray version of the carronade instead of a shotgun style. The only problem is maybe its to close to the carronade it has pretty much the same arcs and everything just rapid fire, inaccurate, sustained damage instead of quick, burst inaccurate damage. There are ways to distinguish it by having it do more damage but over a longer time so keeping a ship in arc would let you break their balloon better but its harder to effectively use  another weapon like a side gun or something because you would have to keep this gun trained on the enemy ship to be effective.

I like it but more because i like things that shoot a lot of bullets fast as it is kinda nuzzling in on the carronades job.

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 01:43:56 pm »
This one i kinda like its like a spray and pray version of the carronade instead of a shotgun style. The only problem is maybe its to close to the carronade it has pretty much the same arcs and everything just rapid fire, inaccurate, sustained damage instead of quick, burst inaccurate damage. There are ways to distinguish it by having it do more damage but over a longer time so keeping a ship in arc would let you break their balloon better but its harder to effectively use  another weapon like a side gun or something because you would have to keep this gun trained on the enemy ship to be effective.

I like it but more because i like things that shoot a lot of bullets fast as it is kinda nuzzling in on the carronades job.

almost same story with hades and gatling, other does sustain damage and other does hevy damage

Offline SirNotlag

• [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 01:55:30 pm »
I did have my own idea for a new type of balloon popper, it would be a javelin launcher that would fire harpoons  designed to tear apart balloons and split unarmoured hull:

arcs: 35 degrees either side, 35 degrees up, 10 degrees down
direct damage: 80 flechette
burst damage: 30 explosive (note* i don't know of numbers as I'm not much of a math and balance person but a lot more flechette than explosive just like how hades does like 80 piercing and 30 fire to keep it balanced)

6 shots per clip
1 shot per second
8 second reload
accurate and moderate speed projectiles (handle like harpoon gun shots with lesmok)

reason this would not be like any other gun, it is a light gun that pops balloons at medium to long range instead of close, as well as being designed to kill by breaking the balloon and then shooting hull after they smash into the ground and lose their armour.

Advantages:
+effective at range
+decent damage against balloon
+ no arming time so still deals damage at point blank

Disadvantages:
-poor arcs
-cant disable enemy weapons
-long reload time can give enemy crew a chance to counter

Note* again all these numbers are pulled from the air i have no idea how well this would stack up to other weapons like the carronade, whether it has good dps or if 8 seconds of reload time is actually enough to time to be able to counter. Its more the ideas and niche role im focusing on.

Offline SirNotlag

• [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 02:00:09 pm »
almost same story with hades and gatling, other does sustain damage and other does hevy damage

yes but one is long range with a narrow arc and arming time, sets fires, and explosive dropping shots and the other is close range, wide arcs, can disable, and fires lots and lots of none dropping bullets. They are quite different. They may do the same job but they feel and perform very differently.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:17:40 pm by SirNotlag »

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 04:30:30 pm »

yes but one is long range with a narrow arc and arming time, sets fires, and explosive dropping shots and the other is close range, wide arcs, can disable, and fires lots and lots of none dropping bullets. They are quite different. They may do the same job but they feel and perform very differently.

"basicly" this is like gatling and hades. Basicly, not fully. (and hades can destroy ships alone, if ship has 2-5 hades)