Author Topic: weapon idea: Kalskel light canon  (Read 13760 times)

Offline omegaskorpion

• Salutes: 7
    • [CwG]
    • View Profile
weapon idea: Kalskel light canon
« on: May 31, 2014, 05:56:24 pm »
Kalskel light canon

Stats

Direct Damage:    20-30 Piersing

Burst Damage:    20-30 Explosive

Burst Radius:    1,5 meters

Effective Vs:    Armor, Hull

Rate of Fire:    2,5 Bullets/s

Reload Speed:      5,5s

Magazine Size:    8

Projectile Speed:    500 m/s²

Range:    1700 meters

Size:    Light

Horizontal Angles:    60 deg Left; 60 deg Right

Vertical Angles:    35 deg Up; 35 deg Down

(rotation speed of this gun is slow [as slow as artimus]. Also the projectile goes down faster than mercury shots so it reguires leaning shots.)

Other information

Made to be Supressive gun. Its not meant to destroy enemy ships alone and is meant to be harraser (good front gun for junker or side or back gun for galleon.)
Its still good canon if it used with pack of 2-5.

(experemental idea: gun has more health than other light guns due the armor: having hp middle of hevy and light guns)

(Name and stats are just ideas)

My other ideas

swan
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4156.0.html
turtle
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4160.0.html
skyreaper
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4162.0.html
dragonfly
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4161.0.html
ikazuchi
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4243.0.html
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:12:46 pm by omegaskorpion »

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: weapon idea: Kalskel light canon
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 06:01:33 pm »
This sounds more like a no brainer for me.
Good against armor and hull with a extremely big range ...
Good horizontal arcs ... If that goes for a trifecta and that looks like with those arcs this will be devastating on every ship.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 06:03:31 pm »
For one, there are no direct piercing+explosive weapons which then i fear that those combinations will yield for many double Kalskel cannons on pyras and etc.

Its a good idea of a weapon, very strong in concept atm but i dont think its a Harrasing weapon when it can kill and pierce.

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 06:06:47 pm »
Good horizontal arcs ... If that goes for a trifecta and that looks like with those arcs this will be devastating on every ship.
For one, there are no direct piercing+explosive weapons which then i fear that those combinations will yield for many double Kalskel cannons on pyras and etc.

Its a good idea of a weapon, very strong in concept atm but i dont think its a Harrasing weapon when it can kill and pierce.

Indeed, i made it to be harrasing alone and deadly in packs, its mayby too strong all around and needs tweaks, but the idea is same (being easy to pick in every mission)

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 06:15:04 pm »

Indeed, i made it to be harrasing alone and deadly in packs, its mayby too strong all around and needs tweaks, but the idea is same (being easy to pick in every mission)

And its still slower to kill ships with 2 of thease, than gatling + mortal/artimus combo

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 07:00:08 pm »
Piercing/explosive is a bad combination.

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 10:25:11 pm »

doesn't the hades already do that?

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 12:46:55 am »

No it does fire and piercing damage, fire can hurt hull pretty good but its no where near as destructive as explosive

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 01:00:30 am »

No it does fire and piercing damage, fire can hurt hull pretty good but its no where near as destructive as explosive

Actually, Fire has a 1.3 modifier to hull, while Explosive has a 1.4, so they're actually REALLY close. But Fire also has 1.5 on balloon, and 0.8 on Armor, whereas Explosive has 0.25 Balloon, and 0.3 Armor. So in truth, Fire is actually MORE POWERFUL than Explosive.

That said, Piercing/Explosive =/= harassment. If you wanted a harassment gun, you'd probably want Impact or Flechette, maybe Shatter, as THOSE are the harassment traits. Impact less so though, as it IS the most powerful trait in the game, even if it has some seriously annoying harassment potential in the knockback.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 03:59:22 am »
Fire/piercing is a bad combination too. It's not a very big issue in practice because few people can shoot the damn thing consistently well. Same as all the other arming-time weapons, they do horrendous damage in exchange for being harder to hit with.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:11:32 am by Omniraptor »

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 06:10:29 am »
...as for good side of this gun, it cant destroy any guns or engines, and does minor damage to balloon so aiming at hull is must. Making it more harrasing than deadly.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 06:35:31 am »
The hull is the biggest target on nearly every ship.
Besides what you claim you dont give any argument why a explosive/piercing weapon is supposed to be a harass gun.

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 06:53:20 am »
The hull is the biggest target on nearly every ship.
Besides what you claim you dont give any argument why a explosive/piercing weapon is supposed to be a harass gun.

so long as you dont ingnore it, its not a threath, if you ingnore it, its threath. It harrases but does not kill unless in packs. (if that makes ANY sense)

[BUT ITS JUST IDEA]

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 01:14:51 pm »
Still sounds like a kill weapon, rather than a harassment one, the ability to effectively break armour and then blow the ship up rather than disable it makes it a kill weapon. And if the gun isn't made strong enough to do that then it becomes kinda useless. Piercing and flechette damage would make a better harassment gun cause then it doesn't matter where you hit you'll do effective damage but it would not be able to effectively kill a ship.

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 01:19:26 pm »
Still sounds like a kill weapon, rather than a harassment one, the ability to effectively break armour and then blow the ship up rather than disable it makes it a kill weapon. And if the gun isn't made strong enough to do that then it becomes kinda useless. Piercing and flechette damage would make a better harassment gun cause then it doesn't matter where you hit you'll do effective damage but it would not be able to effectively kill a ship.

indeed but what does harras more? weapon that can kill if ingnored or weapon that destoys armor and guns if ingnored. Well i dont know.

But like i sayd, its deady in packs not alone, its harassing alone and deadly in packs (if it made any sense)