Author Topic: What faction will you fight for?  (Read 180750 times)

Offline Douzei

• Salutes: 1
    • [GD]
    • View Profile
Re: What faction will you fight for?
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2013, 03:03:52 am »
I guess it'll be a faction closely related to a Serbian population or language group.  There isn't one at present, but it could in theory be Arashi.

Serbia's just south-west of Romania. I find it closer to the Guild than the League.

Offline Gato Blanco

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2013, 11:14:19 pm »
So depending on what aspect you want to focus on, it could be the Republic, Guild, Baronies, or League.  Dayum.

Offline Arthem White

• Salutes: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2013, 06:46:57 am »
I always read "the baronies" as "the bronies" =( I don't want to belong to that group...

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2013, 06:54:12 am »
Lol arthem, I did that a few times as well.
Im pretty sure I will stay with my gut choice with the Arashi.  There is a lot I like about a culturally diverse people who live in a hard land and have the sense of humor to adopt a giant scavenger bird as their symbol.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2013, 09:05:13 am »
All I want to do is curse in my native tongue and have it be reasonably "realistic" for the faction as a language. xD

Offline Gabranth

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2013, 02:33:35 pm »
I really cant decide between Arashi and the Guild :/

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2013, 01:14:58 am »
What's your pros and cons for both Gabranth?

Offline Gato Blanco

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2013, 01:26:07 am »
Im pretty sure I will stay with my gut choice with the Arashi.  There is a lot I like about a culturally diverse people who live in a hard land and have the sense of humor to adopt a giant scavenger bird as their symbol.

I like the Arashi and the Angleans too much, so I'll prolly go with an Anglean who rolls with the Arashi.

Offline Arthem White

• Salutes: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2013, 04:01:34 am »
My problem is that I can't decide between the League and the Guild, and they don't really get along too well (I know I know, they aren't in war, but still...)

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2013, 04:03:48 am »
I dunno man I could see Anglean and the Arashi being friends, tinkerers and techies. They're both from a low resource environment...... Probably both very family centric. Interesting idea you sparked gato.

Offline Gabranth

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2013, 05:06:48 am »
What's your pros and cons for both Gabranth?

The Guild                                                                                        The Arashi League

Pros                                                                                                 Pros                                                       

-Nice "Sky piratish" not like japanese or vikings                                          -Post apocalyptic airshipsteampunk wasteland tinkerer.
 , a true steampunk airship faction                                                               enough said ;)
-Merchant faction , which is pretty cool                                                        -Very Badass costume *in the concept art
-Awesome cloth and ship design                                                                 -not as cool ships as the Guild,but they look smaller, which is good

Cons                                                                                                  Cons       

-Dont know , since they are merchants ,                                              -*if they make the outfits as in the SKM picture, thenthey look horrible
 they dont have useful special weapons, maybe                                  they look more like the raiders in fallout , then sky pirates
-Ships look cool but very big and bulky like Galleon,                              -probably not as diplomatic and mercantile as the Guild sadly
 I like smaller ships more

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2013, 05:46:46 am »
After talking to Mr. Gong, whichever one has the best music.

Offline Gato Blanco

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2013, 08:58:25 am »
I believe that they said that the guild was a mix of Japanese and eastern European influences, but I'm wondering about what era they will draw from?  Will we see kermlin towers on the ships?  (Please yes!)

Also, since the League is made up of various small independant groups, I'd say they've got very good diplomats.

Offline Gabranth

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2013, 09:54:15 am »

Also, since the League is made up of various small independant groups, I'd say they've got very good diplomats.

Hahah :D  I dont think so , read the faction feature of the Arashi.

"As a people, the Arashi tend to be fiercely individualistic and independent in character. Family, clan, and town affiliations take precedence over faction loyalty, and squabbles between neighboring towns within the League are common. . Certain protections were afforded to anyone on the right side of the wall who was willing to abide by the rules of the community, while those who betrayed or stole from their fellows were dealt with without mercy."

Dont sound like the best diplomats ever, in my opinion dude

And I think the concept art of the Guilds clothes didnt look like japanese, but Im not sure

Offline Gabranth

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2013, 10:41:37 am »
Doesnt look like kermlin towers, but thats not the final design I guess