Author Topic: New ship idea: (sky)Reaper  (Read 9469 times)

Offline omegaskorpion

• Salutes: 7
    • [CwG]
    • View Profile
New ship idea: (sky)Reaper
« on: May 25, 2014, 12:15:19 pm »
4th ship idea from me
Swan       1: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4156.0.html
Turtle       2: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4160.0.html
Dragonfly 3: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4161.new.html#new

The (SKY)Reaper

Stats:

Armor: 400

Health: 400

Balloon health: Ship has 2 (3) balloons and both have 600 hp. if other balloon gets destroyed the ship cant accelerate but wont go down either.

max speed: 50 m/s

max turn speed: 9 deg/s

Mass: 40.000 kg

Acceleration: 11 m/s²

Weapons: 1 heavy gun mounted on front. and 4 light guns. 1 on upper deck and 1 under deck on port and starbord side.

Engines: Has 2 hevy engines on upper deck and 1 light engine on under deck.

Other information

Steer is under deck and near it are side guns. Ladder attaches under and upper deck, near the under deck part of ladder is hull component.
Balloon components are located front and back of the upper deck.

Tactics

This ship should be used in destroy and run tackticks, since its fast but big.
1 engineer should always stay on top deck and other engineer under deck. Gunner should mainly use upper deck guns.

Advantages

+ Fastest ship
+ Slim profile ( very hard to hit with rockets, bullets, mortals)
+ dual balloon
+ has 5 guns

Disadvantages

- Slow turning speed
- its slim ship but still bit big, making hit and run tackticks harder on maps that have many corridors
- not usefull for ramming
- easy to destroy with ramming
- low armor and health

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: New ship idea: (sky)Reaper
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 12:55:58 pm »
I dunno if 2 baloon idea could be implemented (outside of a visual thing). Also light engines are used for turning ship - they have to be in pairs (if one is destroyed ship starts turning into the side with the destroyed turning engine).

It would weigh at about 150tones (150 000kg) probably(suid is the lightes and fasters ship and it still weighs 115 tonnes). And acceleration wouldn't be more than 6m/s2 - (witch is slightly higher acceleration than squid).

Interesting design concept.

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 01:02:45 pm »
I dunno if 2 baloon idea could be implemented (outside of a visual thing). Also light engines are used for turning ship - they have to be in pairs (if one is destroyed ship starts turning into the side with the destroyed turning engine).

It would weigh at about 150tones (150 000kg) probably(suid is the lightes and fasters ship and it still weighs 115 tonnes). And acceleration wouldn't be more than 6m/s2 - (witch is slightly higher acceleration than squid).

Interesting design concept.

Thanks for ideas. The 2 (3) balloon is experemental and im not sure can the delopers make it work.  Squid had 50,000 kg in the wiki but that might be wrong so the mass should be 150tones.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 01:12:29 pm »
The wiki need a lot of updating. I'm slowly working on it.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 02:04:22 pm »
This is an odd one. I mean, once this ship crashes with his speed, its dead... And it can crash because of its size.

Along with having too many elements that sort of makes it a better Goldfish, or a risky goldfish atleast. And ofcourse being much like the junker just with a heavy gun on front. Risky junker atleast.

The baloon thing isnt going to happen, or atleast of what i know of. Would be too much of a hassle and would encourage 3 engineers at all times.

My main issue with this is that i cannot imagine having multiple different builds for it.
It seems like a... Hwacha and Gat+Mort only ship. It has almost no choice. It has to go in and get out. But it wont escape that easily because well slow turning speed.

This is a weird one for me.

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 02:11:32 pm »
Its easy to balance fps games but its hard to balance unique games like this.

I have thinked the stats many many times and its hard to make them perfect.

I thinked that high risk high reward ship like this would be good but it still has some things to be fixed.
the balloon idea is stupid yes....

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 02:33:46 pm »
really you should not bother with stats. Muse can do the math you come up with unique ideas and features   ;D

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 02:39:46 pm »
really you should not bother with stats. Muse can do the math you come up with unique ideas and features   ;D

That is tru.

But some of thease stats are just place holders for bether ideas. Im Just trying to give my ideas to my desings so ships would have some personality to build on.

Offline Tentacle Monster

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 08:51:10 pm »
Looks like the starship enterprise

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 03:27:03 am »
Looks like the starship enterprise

Now when i look at it after that comment, yes it looks bit like enterprice. But my idea for this ship came from differend source...

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 09:51:16 am »
since this is bit big ship, it mayby should have litte more armor to counter the instant death when crashing. Mayby 550?

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile