Author Topic: Introducing the new CAs!  (Read 300505 times)

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
Introducing the new CAs!
« on: February 22, 2013, 12:42:38 pm »
Here's where the newly inducted CAs step up and say hello. :)

As a general rule, new CAs are inducted following the CA Games at the start of every month, although rolling appointments are not unheard of.

If you're interested in learning more about the CA program or applying to become one yourself, check out the Community Ambassadors page on the site: http://gunsoficarus.com/community-ambassadors/

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing the new CAs!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 01:56:50 pm »
Could you make them say a pledge when they introduce themselves?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 03:26:55 pm »
Ahoy, my name is Zill.

I just posted an intro here: http://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,28.msg109.html#msg109

You can find me in-game at all manner of hours, and here on the forums for the rest of the remaining hours, haha. I dont mind giving advice or helping someone willing to learn the game at all. I never got that help when I started, and for better or worse, learned everything I know through trial and error (lots of error early on. My ship names are a testament to that, hah.) I always like a good discussion on gameplay. Its also important to keep this community alive, and fresh talent is always nice to find. So with that, i introduce myself, and welcome you to GOIO with a cold brew.

Offline Squash

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 03:32:12 pm »
Zill, you forgot the pledge, we all agreed there would be a CA pledge.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 03:37:32 pm »
Zill, you forgot the pledge, we all agreed there would be a CA pledge.

Do remind me of this "pledge" and what it dictates.

Offline Squash

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 03:54:22 pm »
Think wedding vows but more romantic.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 04:52:15 pm »
I (your name), before the presence of the Holy Whale of the skies, do hereby declare my unwavering faith, fealty and service to the community of Icarus.
I pledge to follow the orders of all Muse staff appointed over me, and field all the questions, great and small, difficult or annoying, addressed to me be they by the person, or the mob.
I will keep myself mentally sane, reasonably sober and regularly available as is necessitated by the Community Ambassador agreements and forms to which I have pledged my unconditional adherence. 
So say we all.

Offline Squash

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 04:12:17 pm »
Hey guys, I'm one of the new CAs. N-Sunderland in-game, N-Sunderland on Steam, and Nick Sunderland in real life. Lots of creativity going on there. You might know me from the far too many posts I've made on this forum, or you might not if you're new. I'm always willing to help the community and new players out, so if you see me online, be sure to hit me up.

I've been playing GoIO since September, all the way back in beta. I've taken a look at the CA position from time to time, but I only really got interested recently. Yes, the yellow names and mod powers were a draw, but I really want to make as much of a contribution as I can to the community and its members.

Oh, and I'm from Canada. I speak both of my country's official languages, so feel free to speak to me in English or French, whichever is better for you.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:57:00 pm by N-Sunderland »

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 05:39:58 pm »
I Kyren, before the presence of the Holy Whale of the skies, do hereby declare my unwavering faith, fealty and service to the community of Icarus.
I pledge to follow the orders of all Muse staff appointed over me, and field all the questions, great and small, difficult or annoying, addressed to me be they by the person, or the mob.
I will keep myself mentally sane, reasonably sober and regularly available as is necessitated by the Community Ambassador agreements and forms to which I have pledged my unconditional adherence. 
So say we all.

Apart from that.. I've started out my "career" here with managing the German GoIO Wiki, that is a bit behind recent patches, and the German Section of the board. I've been playing since December already though, mostly with a couple of other German speaking friends, but as my English has a somewhat reasonable level I get and got around on a lot of ships. Truth be told, I had been eying the CA status since I started playing, but I wanted to get the 2 months of playing time and even know if I'm going to play the game for longer.

If I'm playing, I'd be more than glad to have any of you aboard my ship to either get crushed together or help you learn the basics! I'll always try to take some time for helping out, and usually there's a free spot on my ship. If you're in need of a Engineer, I'll be on my way as well!

You'll maybe want to know more about who's behind that  cool person with the yellow name, so.. I hail from Austria, Styria to be exact and are currently doing my civil service. Here it's either 6 months military service or 9 months civil service. I'm doing said service for a NGO that focuses on worker's rights, and also volunteer for the local Caritas. For the latter I do workshops about Globalization in schools. In my freetime I'm busying myself with a Spanish course , Austrian A-Levels. Feel free to talk to me in English, German and Spanish so :P

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 07:52:37 pm »
I Tim, before the presence of the Holy Whale of the skies, do hereby declare my unwavering faith, fealty and service to the community of Icarus.
So say we all.

Ahh the pledge, glad Kyren and I could both take it.

Well, I'm TIM.  There is a story to my user name, but the "official" story is Lord Richard Timothy, but I generally just go by Tim.
I'm nuts, bonafide wankers.  I've been told as such more times then I care to count, so it must be true.  I reside in the great state of Massachusetts, in what was once considered the most tactically important bay in the us, Buzzards Bay.  Now it's just the site of the Mass Maritime Academy and my humble home in Wareham. 

I'm a former SeaBee, combat engineer in the United States Navy, that chapter closed after 8 years of amazing experiences and now I'm a Group Care Worker in the juvenile justice department, mostly working with kids in gangs with violent criminal charges.  It's a rewarding experience, and I greatly enjoy it.

In any event this life of mine leaves me with a care free kind of attitude.  I'm out for fun, entertainment, and community.  I'll do what I can to foster these core values in game play with a touch of professionalism where necessary.
I like newbies, I love having new players on my ship cause I enjoy learning with people above all else.  So find me in game, join my ships, or I'll join yours!  Lets pillage the skies together.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 07:58:31 pm »
Wow, I forgot to take the pledge.

I N-Sunderland, before the presence of the Holy Whale of the skies, do hereby declare my unwavering faith, fealty and service to the community of Icarus.
So say we all.

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 08:56:25 pm »
Hello!

Some of you might have seen me floating around and about lately but have no recollection as to who I might be;

This may be correct because I'm still fairly new to Guns of Icarus Online but already started sharing and displaying a passion for both it's gameplay and niche and the community that come with it the day I first launched it.

I got into this game through an online friend of mine and wonderful pleasant-to-be-around person : Wxn Paddypower;- and I'd like to thank him again for hooking me up with my latest hobby and addiction.

I'm... well I consider myself old at 32 going on 33 - I'm a divorced single mom from Europe and I work in human resources;- a job experience I'd like to put to use when fullfilling my duties as Community Ambassador.

Players can always approach me about literally anything - but I'm not a veteran yet so I may consult other Community Ambassadors or Muse staff to ensure I can provide and help out as much possible.  Most of all I will be collecting; analysing; funneling; compacting and outputting anything that could be considered feedback and I hope to promote a good atmosphere and friendly spirit!

Being the newest still-just-a-puppy out of the impressive and experienced list of Community Ambassador I'd like to thank everyone for the oppurtunity and showing me;- also on the CA prospect games along with other CA's - that working; playing; fighting and laughing together is much more important than being good at; or winning games in competitive spirit.

See you around!

Phoebe

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 09:00:19 pm »
Phoebe, you must take the pledge, lest the Holy Whale of the skies be very upset :P

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 10:03:06 pm »
The Great Whale is upset