Author Topic: Introducing the new CAs!  (Read 300452 times)

Offline Lovely LadyBell

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 4
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing the new CAs!
« Reply #255 on: January 15, 2015, 01:05:41 pm »
Hello fellow CA's!

I'm part of the newest round of ca's (jan 2015).

I am ALovelySurprise, founder of the PGW clan and i vow to do my best as a CA for the community! Pleasure to meet you all!

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 15, 2015, 01:48:52 pm »
The great Sky Whale is patient and not spiteful.   Otherwise, he would have smited those who pledge allegiance to bacon long ago.

Oaths still need to happen, though *cough*Abby*cough*.  You're setting a bad example!

Offline Wolfprints

• Salutes: 5
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 15, 2015, 04:18:51 pm »
Hello everyone!

I'm Wolfprints in game and also on Steam, feel free to add me if you feel so inclined. I'm currently at university studying computer science, and I've been playing GoIo for just shy of a year now. I'm honored to now take the next step in the community as a CA.

I, Wolfprints, before the presence of the Holy Whale of the Skies, do hereby declare my unwavering  faith, fealty, and service to the community of Icarus.
I pledge to follow the orders of all Muse staff appointed over me, and field all the questions, great and small, difficult or annoying, addressed to me by the person, or the mob.
I will keep myself mentally sane, reasonably sober, and regularly available as is necessitated by the Community Ambassador agreements and forms to which I have pledged my unconditional adherence.
So say we all.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 15, 2015, 04:26:46 pm »
Still no Bacon oaths. Shame the Bacon Gods are not pleased.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2015, 02:36:16 am »
Everytime, new CA comes on, I get bugged to do da damn oath! >_>

At least I have people to support me in the cause of being free! *high fives, ALovelySuprise, MrDev,  DoubleMDownie, Sonaes and Il Mostro*

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 16, 2015, 07:32:12 am »
Welcome to all the new CAs! It's great to see you all join our ranks of multicoloured-named goodness.

Offline Pata de Cabra

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 1
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 16, 2015, 08:58:50 am »
Hi!

My name is Jaroslaw and I'm currently flying from Spain. You may find me in-game on pony themed ships, or on Steam as jarfil. I may even take a look at the forums from time to time. I play mostly whenever I take a while from my freelancing career, which may be any time around the clock. What got me hooked up on GoIo is the interesting game design leading towards such a great community, so I thought it might be time to give something back. Also I enjoy finding simple ways to explain complex things. And fire.

For now, I've been experimenting with twitch streaming and Youtube channels:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCglULedzOWibsfec0VYU3pg

And I'm also available in spanish and polish (me, not the videos... for now? hm, got to look into that one)

PS: I solemnly swear on the Holy Whale that... I'll take the oath as soon as Abby does ^_^

Offline Lovely LadyBell

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 4
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 16, 2015, 09:16:48 am »
Haha, i'm with you on that one. the day abby takes the oath is the day i might consider it xD

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 16, 2015, 10:19:30 am »
You're all bad eggs. Persuaded by Abby, the prophetess of doom, to forgo this most sacred ritual... may the Sky Whale have mercy on your eternal souls

Except you, Wolfprints, you da bomb

Offline Hilary Briss

• Salutes: 22
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 16, 2015, 02:34:57 pm »
Hi all.

Just a small introduction.

Mature gamer - Officer in the DAGZ clan - UK based.

Have just received my CA stripes. Now my teaching, helping to keep players on the straight and narrow will now take on an official capacity.

Suffice to say my ethos is one of motivation. Which is a skill learnt from motivating others; mostly apprentices. We all know they can be: surly, lazy and care little about others.

My goal is to retain my high standards without letting the CA badge turn me in to a Authoritarian. In all honesty it couldn't do that as my ethos and personality does not allow me to be an overbearing control freak.

Fun is my watch word - my aim will be to keep that going in any match myself is in; helping teaching and keeping new players interested. Take many out to when able to, just to help them learn the trade. As we all know most players opt out of Novice, get a beat down and go " that wasn't much fun" So my aim is to educate the new players. In-line with other aspects such as keep the "House Clean" so to speak.

My Oath

Myself, does acknowledge the superiority of Bacon to all other foodstuffs. This includes steak, cupcakes, candy of all sorts and even fried chicken (unless wrapped in Bacon), which, they're all begrudgingly delicious, but not as delicious as Bacon. Hereby declare that one has no allegiance or obedience to any other consumable, including  "Pilot tools, me spanners n Me Ammo." Thus renouncing, refusing and abjure the power of other consumables even as myself acknowledges that they each have their own desirability. Their power is diluted by the fact that each would be improved with the addition of Bacon (even Moonshine is palatable with Bacon). On this day till sands of the dunes run dry do hereby; pledge my fidelity to the swine and swear upon all held dear that the Bacon am about to consume will be the best "Streaky Maple Smoked back Bacon" ever. Since bacon is the best, this will be the best of the best – pork perfection. Will enjoy it until my ability to do so is exhausted.

Sworn to the Skies of Icarus, so help me pork

Best wishes all

Rowho

Offline ScheerBH

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 16, 2015, 05:22:57 pm »
Hello everyone!

A bit about me:
I'm a Co-Leader of Sandstorm Republic (SREP), and I'm a very active player. I often times split my playing time by running with my fellow clanmates/friends, and running with green players and randoms. Often times I find myself doing both at the same time. Like Rowho, having just received the CA position I will be taking a more official capacity and jumping into Novice matches, teaching, mentoring players,  and the like.

My play style will remain the same! I play to have fun, to enjoy myself and this game. I love the competitive side, but not at the cost of letting it frustrate me to where I am taking it out on other players. I find myself really enjoying showing greenhorns how to play and the meta; because it gives them the tools they need to play this game and enjoy it - void of unnecessary frustration.  I am from America, I fly PST and will be spotted throughout the lobbies in the Bucentaures Republic (when I'm piloting).

I will not take part in any oath, Bacon or Whale.

Thanks for having me!

ScheerBH

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2015, 12:22:18 am »
PS: I solemnly swear on the Holy Whale that... I'll take the oath as soon as Abby does ^_^

y'know what...an oath's an oath.  I'll take it.

yours too, Rowho, I'm sure BdrLineAzn and his gods are pleased.

Wolfprints, though.  *fistbump* welcome aboard!

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2015, 05:26:43 am »
Just take the damn oath, Abby... It's not like you're selling your soul or anything... (I'll buy it if it is for sale.)

(PS, Call me when we get something new, the match list makes a sort-of comeback, or adventure mode comes out.)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2015, 12:31:38 pm »
[Insert dramatic entrance here.]

Hello CA's!
I'm Kamoba! (aka Dave in some weird alternate reality where planes are more common than baloon airships..) Have been a relatively active member of the community since I joined GoIo about October, by hobby I'm a gamer and cos-player, by profession a self employed leather worker, father of twin toddlers Robin and Hannah, both of which can say "Man the aft guns!"

\o/

Offline Enochh

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 6
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2015, 01:00:41 pm »
Hi to all!

First of all I am proud to be part of the staff and  to help officially one of the best communities I've ever met (I play online since 1998).
I'm Enochh, the leader and founder of the clan Ra (Amon-ra Priests). But real life is not so exciting...
My name is Niccolò and i'm italian (so forgive my terrible English (although people have never had troubles to understand me).
Iìm 29 years old and i usually play GOIO with my wife Erya. I work as teacher, so teaching and helping other people is a natural attitude for me :)

I will try to do my best to help this community to grow because here I found a place to settle down and have fun.

So.... See you in the skyes! (don't worry I have already paid the copyright to Jacob) ;)

p.s. Pizza is ITALIAN!

Enochh