Author Topic: Ship Cosmetics Wishlist  (Read 90970 times)

Offline Johnathan Silver

• Salutes: 0
    • [★◦°˚]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Cosmetics Wishlist
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2014, 10:58:29 pm »
Hmm I like the idea of on old ships they had a mermaid figure head but what if instead of a mermaid you had a Valkyrie where the wings would wrap the hull and it'd be like the old mermaids

And the ability to pick the placement of decals or create their own to put either on the hull or the balloon and be able to change the color of the decals

Also maybe different designs for the parts like the hull and balloon have different models to select from they may give an overal boost to the ship like different engine models that increase speed or increase mobility but decrease amount of sustainable damage or if you get faster engines you get less mobility or a different balloon which gains and drops altitude faster but has a lower durability then you can ad the pilot perks on top of them and maybe add hull armor which decreases your speed and altitiude gain but increases your fall rate and speed while declining altitude

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2014, 03:42:13 am »
Also maybe different designs for the parts like the hull and balloon have different models to select from they may give an overal boost to the ship like different engine models that increase speed or increase mobility but decrease amount of sustainable damage or if you get faster engines you get less mobility or a different balloon which gains and drops altitude faster but has a lower durability then you can ad the pilot perks on top of them and maybe add hull armor which decreases your speed and altitiude gain but increases your fall rate and speed while declining altitude
That's beginning to sound a lot like modular ship parts haha. It would be very interesting but I think these are only supposed to be cosmetic upgrades, not performance ones. :D

Offline B'Elanna

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 82
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2014, 06:07:06 am »
That's beginning to sound a lot like modular ship parts haha. It would be very interesting but I think these are only supposed to be cosmetic upgrades, not performance ones. :D

The beauty about GoIO is that you don't have a better chance to win from leveling, unlocking items, or throwing money at the game.
A lot of games do that and I for one am glad GoIO does not.
All that separates the rich from the poor is potentially better hardware.
All that separates the lvl 15s from the lvl 1s is purrsonal experience.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:08:56 am by B'Elanna »

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2014, 06:43:35 am »
In terms of cosmetics,

I have always liked the idea of being able to change my tools, i,e a golden spanner or a fire extinguisher with a decal on it, ship cosmetics i like the royal theme, but how about the opposite a run down theme were everything is falling apart and held together with tape glue and hope.

Offline B'Elanna

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 82
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2014, 07:05:40 am »
In terms of cosmetics,

I have always liked the idea of being able to change my tools, i,e a golden spanner or a fire extinguisher with a decal on it, ship cosmetics i like the royal theme, but how about the opposite a run down theme were everything is falling apart and held together with tape glue and hope.
and helpless gunner tears. my favourite. :3

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2014, 08:12:33 am »
In terms of cosmetics,

and helpless gunner tears. my favourite. :3

how about engines, fixed up with old women's tights?  I seen this creative solution of repair on old russian car and it completely stroke my mind XD

But if seriously, some slobby theme will be really cool.

Offline Regent Cid

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2014, 10:37:21 am »
In terms of cosmetics,

i want destructive tools

an axe model instead of the spanner
a crowbar instead of the pipe wrench
the rubber mallet replaced by a spiked mace
the extinguisher would be a small flamethrower
the chem spray an oil can

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2014, 11:40:55 am »
In terms of cosmetics,

i want destructive tools

an axe model instead of the spanner

a crowbar instead of the pipe wrench
the rubber mallet replaced by a spiked mace
the extinguisher would be a small flamethrower
the chem spray an oil can

With maybe a raider or bandit theme that could look really cool and you have the mohawk hair just need some chain jackets

Offline EmeraldNext

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2014, 06:38:40 pm »
Wishlist, huh?
<s>
Santa developers, all I want is a golden statue honouring my engineers and a proper timepiece for the vessel.
</s>

In more seriousness, a colour coded hull would be nice. But probably unneeded. I need to think more about this.

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2014, 08:32:44 pm »
I like the idea mentioned in this thread of adding horns and sounds to ships.
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4340.0.html

Would probably require another button to use but it would add a lot of personality to ships and the captains behind them. 

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2014, 10:34:01 am »
Left click is not used on the helm, so no real issue on the extra buttons side of things.

On that 'note', a celebration/music ship theme.

Theme name: Calliope

Makes your ship look like a giant circus calliope, obviously.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2014, 10:20:09 am »
I think it will be a nice Idea to have Clan emblems available on ships. This will be a great feature for tournaments and casual games.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2014, 07:17:09 am »
Cat lovers theme named Mraulanna after B'Elanna.

Balls of yarn, feather toys, and scratching posts abound. Even add some litter boxes. Just enough for all 4 crew members.

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2014, 12:32:09 pm »
A Jolly Rodger decal for the balloon.

I mean, I thought a skull and cross-bones were standard operating procedure when it came to ship combat.

Offline obliviondoll

• Salutes: 26
    • [BSky]
    • View Profile
    • obliviondoll's blog (barely-maintained)
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2014, 05:34:45 pm »
Clan emblems as a customisation toggle would be nice to see, as many have mentioned.

Also, I thought of a way to print ship names. At the moment, you can buy or unlock inks to paint your balloon and to recolour any emblem. Keep the balloon colour as the primary paint, and add ship name as a secondary. With the default clear paint, nothing would be visible, but if you choose to spend an ink you can add the name onto the side of your ship.

Also, a theme that hangs fluffy dice above the helm would be great. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:36:55 pm by obliviondoll »