Author Topic: Quick Join Sabotage?  (Read 42048 times)

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Join Sabotage?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 09:15:24 pm »
Need some sort of option to lock the ship before match if you so choose. Or at least lock job.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 10:21:52 pm »
I didn't get a chance to write before a decision was made lol.  But just so I can say it, I'm in favor of all of the above.

Offline Veffidia

• Salutes: 6
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 10:37:58 pm »
Wow, I've never seen you guys more unified, hahaha.  Hey, if a common issue can bring you guys closer, who am I to ruin the party.  :D

Ok, as of next week, we'll do 1 thing first, which is to stop midmatch join for quick join.  That will help with the expectation issue.  If quick join lands new players in the match lobby, at least the crewing is announced and known. 

We're also looking at more comprehensive topics such as matchmaking, commendation, expanded tutorial, etc.
But we'l need to take it one step at a time. 

Thanks!  Howard

I'd say that's very fair.

Offline Andriej

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 09:47:46 pm »
So who is sabotaging who? Vets the Quick Joiners, Quick Joiners the Vets or the Vets are sabotaging other Vets with Quick Joining? Damn, I am confused now...

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 09:51:57 pm »
So who is sabotaging who? Vets the Quick Joiners, Quick Joiners the Vets or the Vets are sabotaging other Vets with Quick Joining? Damn, I am confused now...

Quick Joiners are sabotaging everybody's games by joining mid-match with the wrong class and items.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 10:25:26 pm »
Or rather, the quick join feature is sabotaging everybody's games.  The people doing the quick joining are assuming quick joining would use some sort of logic with where they're dropped.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 10:26:52 pm »
Or rather, the quick join feature is sabotaging everybody's games.  The people doing the quick joining are assuming quick joining would use some sort of logic with where they're dropped.

That, or they're not assuming anything, and they're just using it because it's there and they don't want to wait. That was at least how I thought when I first started out (didn't last long).

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 10:33:19 pm »

That, or they're not assuming anything, and they're just using it because it's there and they don't want to wait. That was at least how I thought when I first started out (didn't last long).

You don't really expect a quickjoin feature to drop you into a game where everyone's yelling that the precious AI's been replaced and how your class has just ruined the match.  I'm trying to seperate frustration with the feature from frustration with the players who are just trying to do what they should be able to do, join a match that needs them.

Offline Andriej

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 10:33:54 pm »

Quick Joiners are sabotaging everybody's games by joining mid-match with the wrong class and items.

sabotage [ˈsæbəˌtɑːʒ]
n
1. the deliberate destruction, disruption, or damage of equipment, a public service, etc., as by enemy agents, dissatisfied employees, etc.

Okay- okay, I sleep and see how every "quick joiner" sacrifice his life to ruin the game for everyone by choosing the "Pilot" class (oh Dear God, no!) with Spy glasses and constantly pressing "Quick Join".

Wake up, people. If I can choose Pilot and press Quick Join without any hints or mandatory tutorial how to play I will use it. You can't blame new players for doing what they are used to do in other games. *sigh

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 10:36:21 pm »

sabotage [ˈsæbəˌtɑːʒ]
n
1. the deliberate destruction, disruption, or damage of equipment, a public service, etc., as by enemy agents, dissatisfied employees, etc.

Okay- okay, I sleep and see how every "quick joiner" sacrifice his life to ruin the game for everyone by choosing the "Pilot" class (oh Dear God, no!) with Spy glasses and constantly pressing "Quick Join".

Wake up, people. If I can choose Pilot and press Quick Join without any hints or mandatory tutorial how to play I will use it. You can't blame new players for doing what they are used to do in other games. *sigh

Ok, I phrased that badly. What I meant is that the Quick Join feature is poorly designed, and it's causing new players to make life hard for everybody. Not necessarily their fault.

And the use of the word sabotage wasn't originally by me anyways.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 10:39:45 pm »
Even that's phrased poorly though, the new player isn't having fun either and the new player isn't causing any trouble, it's the class that they have by default and the slot the game chooses to put them in.  The mechanics of the game make it appear new players are dumber than they actually are.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 10:49:18 pm »
Even that's phrased poorly though, the new player isn't having fun either and the new player isn't causing any trouble, it's the class that they have by default and the slot the game chooses to put them in.  The mechanics of the game make it appear new players are dumber than they actually are.

I just said that the mechanics are bad, not the players. Not sure why you're saying that it's poorly worded...

Whatever. Let's not start discussing that, since, regardless of any wording, we seem to generally agree that the mechanics are a big problem here.

Offline Lehran

• Salutes: 9
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 01:49:54 pm »
Yeesh, I didn't think the title could be taken so literally. I  phrased it in a connotative sense to initiate response.

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 02:01:48 pm »
nineteenthded, or something.
I always get quick joined with either a foreign Pilot who doesn't speak English (english feature isn't unlocked until level 3 of course)
or a 12 year old gunner who wants to shoot every single one of my guns at my team mates

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2013, 02:06:49 pm »
or a 12 year old gunner who wants to shoot every single one of my guns at my team mates
I think I've met him.  And his friends.