Author Topic: Quick Join Sabotage?  (Read 42042 times)

Offline Lehran

• Salutes: 9
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Quick Join Sabotage?
« on: March 20, 2013, 01:08:51 pm »
How many times has this happened to you?

You start a match, things are going well. Then your AI gets replaced by a level 1 or 2 pilot/gunner. You politely ask them to do a task, but they stay on a useless gun for the whole match, ignoring you, and you lose. What happened? You were most likely a victim of the quick join button.

The button no longer has a purpose in the game except to sabotage people in a match. Therefore I petition that this button be removed. Respond if you agree, or wish to add something.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Join Sabotage?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 01:17:41 pm »
I have been for this in the old forum as well. This or make it smarter. The community is large enough to support matches without the need of what i think many people feel is an older system.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 01:19:48 pm »
Thirded :P

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 01:23:24 pm »
fourthed

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 02:45:09 pm »
Fifthed, Quick Join is the spawn of the devil and the source of all evil in the game.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 02:53:19 pm »
Sixthed, I too wish to see the death of Quick Join. Much of the wrath I spew in game is a side effect of that button.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 02:54:51 pm »
Seventhed.  People will be better integrated into the community as well if they spend some time in the pregame lobbies as well.  They'll be taught what equipment to bring, meet captains and crew and be better prepared to help the team to victory.  Win win if you asked me.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:02:13 pm by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 03:02:10 pm »
Eighthed. We need to get rid of the damn thing.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 04:07:38 pm »
Ninthed.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 04:25:36 pm »
Added a poll.

Anyways, there is absolutely no use for Quick Join. It just drops a player into a game with no preparation. They could and likely will be be the wrong class and have the wrong tools and rounds. It also negatively affects new players, since it'll just get them shouted at, and the captain won't get to explain anything about the game to them in the lobby.

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 05:13:58 pm »
Wow, I've never seen you guys more unified, hahaha.  Hey, if a common issue can bring you guys closer, who am I to ruin the party.  :D

Ok, as of next week, we'll do 1 thing first, which is to stop midmatch join for quick join.  That will help with the expectation issue.  If quick join lands new players in the match lobby, at least the crewing is announced and known. 

We're also looking at more comprehensive topics such as matchmaking, commendation, expanded tutorial, etc.
But we'l need to take it one step at a time. 

Thanks!  Howard

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 05:16:17 pm »
Wow, I've never seen you guys more unified, hahaha.  Hey, if a common issue can bring you guys closer, who am I to ruin the party.  :D

Ok, as of next week, we'll do 1 thing first, which is to stop midmatch join for quick join.  That will help with the expectation issue.  If quick join lands new players in the match lobby, at least the crewing is announced and known. 

We're also looking at more comprehensive topics such as matchmaking, commendation, expanded tutorial, etc.
But we'l need to take it one step at a time. 

Thanks!  Howard

Wow, thanks a lot Howard! That'll make such a huge difference.

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 05:26:20 pm »
Howard.. if at all possible, can you make one other change to joining - could the lobby be locked in the last 4 or 10 seconds of the countdown timer?  Midgame joiners are the worst, but you also get players parachuting into a match in the closing seconds of the timer, they've just come from a game a Gunner and planned on checking out the crew and adjusting role, but they have no time to do so and are now locked into the Resume timer if they try to change.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 05:34:18 pm »
Seconded on what PIckle said. It's one of the worst feelings to wait for the map to load knowing that there are two gunners on your ship (or worse, two pilots), and one of them is probably carrying the wrong ammo.

Offline Lehran

• Salutes: 9
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 08:36:12 pm »
Thirded, that almost happened to me today. Wow, this thread did more fast than I thought it would. Sweet