Author Topic: Quick Join Sabotage?  (Read 42702 times)

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Join Sabotage?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013, 02:10:04 pm »
or a 12 year old gunner who wants to shoot every single one of my guns at my team mates
I think I've met him.  And his friends.

At this point I think everybody has -_- some of his ilk were making fun of Russians in a lobby

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 04:16:25 pm »
or a 12 year old gunner who wants to shoot every single one of my guns at my team mates

At this point I think everybody has -_- some of his ilk were making fun of Russians in a lobby

I think I know who you're talking about.  Does their captain refuse to go pilot as well?

Offline Connor Mc.

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 07:13:44 pm »

I think I know who you're talking about.  Does their captain refuse to go pilot as well?

Yeah I think he plays gunner or something

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 07:26:29 pm »

THAT'S THE ONE

Offline Connor Mc.

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2013, 09:24:43 pm »

THAT'S THE ONE

AHHHHHHHHHH   

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 12:28:17 am »

THAT'S THE ONE

AHHHHHHHHHH   

WE'VE ALL SEEN THEM!

Offline RaptorSystems

• Salutes: 6
    • [BFS]
    • View Profile
    • Fab Lab Adelaide
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 02:43:45 am »
Yes, death to quick join, pretty please.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 02:47:34 am »
what is the purpose of quickjoin?

i see it more like a russian invitation
(no offense to the russian goio players, but some of you dont speak english and shoot on teammates.)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 10:41:43 am »
what is the purpose of quickjoin?

i see it more like a russian invitation
(no offense to the russian goio players, but some of you dont speak english and shoot on teammates.)

Let's not target specific groups of players and stick to the topic, please.

Offline Lehran

• Salutes: 9
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2013, 09:22:48 am »
^^

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 03:03:46 pm »
It's twofold: I can definitely see the benefit of having a quick join button. Sometimes you just want to get in and play without wading through trying to find a match. That being said, as a captain I have fallen victim to the "quick join sabotage" countless times. Once in particular I remember checking my team halfway through a match to find I had two other pilots on my crew.  This should not happen.

First off, if you're a brand new player, you really shouldn't be quick joining as a pilot. On top of that, you definitely shouldn't be able to be placed onto a crew as a pilot. Perhaps limit quick join to gunners and engineers? I also agree with locking the match to quick joiners once it's scheduled to start.  I do very much appreciate the change to see the teams before joining mid-match; it's certainly a step in the right direction.

Basically I don't think the button needs to be removed altogether, but it does need to continue to be reworked.

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2013, 05:51:45 pm »
THREE COMMON MYTHS ABOUT QUICK JOIN, DEBUNKED:

1. Quick Join put a second/third/fourth Pilot on my ship!

False! If you hit Quick Join as a Pilot, it will put you into an empty Captain slot in a pre-match lobby (Pilots never quick-join a running match). That second/third/fourth Pilot that joined your ship did so on purpose by selecting your match from the match list, not by hitting Quick Join.

2. Quick Join replaced my last AI Engineer with a Gunner and now I have no engineers!

False! Quick Join will not put anyone in a slot if that would lead to there being more than two gunners or engineers on that boat. It's MAYBE possible that Quick Join would steal your only engineer if you already had two pilots and one gunner on a boat, but it's unlikely. Your third Powder Monkey probably just joined from the match list.

3. Quick Join is a cruel joke inflicted upon innocent players by stony-hearted and immovable gods.

Actually, this one is true.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2013, 06:00:51 pm »
THREE COMMON MYTHS ABOUT QUICK JOIN, DEBUNKED:

1. Quick Join put a second/third/fourth Pilot on my ship!

False! If you hit Quick Join as a Pilot, it will put you into an empty Captain slot in a pre-match lobby (Pilots never quick-join a running match). That second/third/fourth Pilot that joined your ship did so on purpose by selecting your match from the match list, not by hitting Quick Join.

2. Quick Join replaced my last AI Engineer with a Gunner and now I have no engineers!

False! Quick Join will not put anyone in a slot if that would lead to there being more than two gunners or engineers on that boat. It's MAYBE possible that Quick Join would steal your only engineer if you already had two pilots and one gunner on a boat, but it's unlikely. Your third Powder Monkey probably just joined from the match list.

False!  There's no indication that a match is running from the lobby screen (only indication is from the match screen, in not-bolded easily ignorable text), so an unwitting player will often click a slot just to be instantly transported into the game with whatever role they had last, and now you're stuck with two gunners and a pilot.  Like myself.  Every fucking time.

It's like a surpise quickjoin.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:02:28 pm by Helmic »

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 06:05:01 pm »
An observation and a question Clara..

Observation - I think it was Eric that was a lot cagier and lots less definitive when he described how quick join worked, and implied that it was possible for quick join to drop three of the same class, but it would try not to.   It's logical that should be the case.  If quick join can't create new matches, then unless quick join is disabled if the joining preferences can't be complied with, it's inevitable that situations could arise where you could get a second pilot or three of the same class as a result of quick join.

I'm not sure what the status is regarding mid-match quick join, or the suggestion for a  protected period of the countdown timer.  Howard hasn't returned to update us.

Question - pretty please.. when are we expecting 1.1.6/1.2 ;)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 06:06:30 pm »
Version 1.2 is coming before the end of the month.