Author Topic: Point Maps  (Read 5021 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
Point Maps
« on: March 01, 2014, 07:14:57 am »
Have the point go neutral if no ships are on the point.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Point Maps
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 06:29:45 pm »
Why?

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 07:46:44 pm »
How about neutral when both teams have an equal amount of ships on the point? This would make the ability to take a point back fairer and faster.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 05:50:20 am »
The idea is to force teams to have one ship at the point in order to get points. This would change how crazy king maps play out and give the losing side a better change to get ahead. It also just makes sense for a king of the hill map. You need to be on the hill to be king.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 09:16:05 am »
For king of the hill, leaving the point is kind of silly anyway. Sure its not required to be in there, but you still need to defend it for the sake of winning. I don't see a need for a change there.

For crazy king, these matches can already take a long time, and losing teams still have a chance to come back from a deficit. Crazy king matches have a lot of dynamic strategy involved, and both teams need to work out on the fly how to gather the max points. With the cap bubbles being so small, you'd effectively be putting the holding team into 2v3 scenarios, followed by cleaning up the remaining ship locked to the cap bubble. I just see it increasing the time of the matches for no real gain.

Same thing with same amount of ships on the point.

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 01:48:50 pm »
Nope, nope, nope, nope. I understand the idea of how someone should be "ruling" the hill in KOTH but I don't think turning a point into a nuetral point when no one is there is a good idea. I know people hate losing and most KoTH matches are 600-0 but I don't think it is a good idea to force a team to be sitting on a point in order to get more points. All this would do is make matches longer and force teams to sit and camp with no strategy besides "fly next to big shiny-thing in sky"