Author Topic: "The Cogs" League Discussion  (Read 76398 times)

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Re: "The Cogs" League Discussion
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2013, 02:16:55 am »
im sorry that i overreacted last time, i have too much things on my head and it was not to post my last message.

i say sorry and will take some time off to setle down.

we are busy letting everybody know that they have to reply on the topic of the whalers.

with great apologies,
coldcurse.

for the colors it would be white and blue (opposit of the pastafarians)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:20:22 am by Coldcurse »

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2013, 07:46:25 am »
im sorry that i overreacted last time, i have too much things on my head and it was not to post my last message.

i say sorry and will take some time off to setle down.

we are busy letting everybody know that they have to reply on the topic of the whalers.

with great apologies,
coldcurse.

for the colors it would be white and blue (opposit of the pastafarians)

I know the feeling... Sometimes I just want to scream at people before performing a ritual disembowelment with an infected cleaver... Particularly in LoL ranked queue. Take as long as you need, but be ready for the Dutchmen match.

Oh, and White/Blue is still a duplicate. Pick a unique pair, it makes things a whole lot easier for me. Oh, but not black/white. That's just boring.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2013, 08:35:14 am »
red and white?

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2013, 09:31:59 am »
That'll do.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2013, 05:13:17 am »
we as a group of hardworking people are happy to finnally being possible to participate in the cogs.
we will make sure that you get a nice match to watch, or get totally overun by the enemy.
but it will be fun to watch.

also to mention lockheart, fadeshade and me belong to the top 5 most crazy persons in the game.

so if there was a possibility that you could hear our voice-chat, then you would be amazed.

also one extra thing of information that i want to leak out.
when we are hanging in the air and dont move, we will be probably singing something to kill the time.

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2013, 04:24:35 pm »
Hmm, i dont know about singing..... we would go close range in our match and get it done, if i can practice enough to avoid sniper fire....

Offline Kira Wa Nai

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2013, 05:25:14 pm »
GG WP, Paddling! Congratz on keeping the throne!

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2013, 09:29:10 pm »
1 match.
Thanks Dover  for taking experimental build and gratz Corvus, rly happy for my previous team.

2 match.
2v2 pyra is about skill. I thought gents would do 5-0 win, but i was wrong, brood did very well.

3 match.
our worst match ever, did not ever gave you challenge.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:42:10 pm by zitruskiller »

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2013, 10:26:01 pm »
1 match.
Thanks Dover  for taking experimental build and gratz Corvus, rly happy for my previous team.

2 match.
2v2 pyra is about skill. I thought gents would do 5-0 win, but i was wrong, brood did very well.

3 match.
our worst match ever, did not ever gave you challenge.

I want to draw attention to point number 1. Zitrus, I'm very glad you caught it.

The whole point of the Dover is to be experimental and try to expand on the current meta. Everyone was questioning why they did what they did, why not? So it didn't work, this time (also their first competitive match which is really hard on teams). They had a good go. Both captains and their crews are fairly crazy and brilliant when it comes to figuring out ways to improve on ships and builds, they'll come up with something that'll work. I look forward to seeing them do so. We are definitely going to see more of this team.

Also Zitrus don't be so hard on yourself, it was a good game. Duel is a tough map. So your build didn't work, this time. You guys already made spires scary, at least I went in to the match nervous about the idea of a carronade spire and manticore spire working together. It wasn't until the end of the game neared that I was confident that we had the match. Those games, as we've seen, can turn around really expectantly. You actually almost flanked us half way through that match which would have been terrible for us. We got lucky because our engineer is hyper observant and managed to spot one of the spires from around the wreck on the side. Hell, in that final fight you took out one of our ships, and if we weren't able to finish off that wounded spire, you'd be set to circle around us and grind us into the dirt - which could have been the start of a comeback. It actually had the potential to go your way.

Great games all around today, it was a good Cogs. That second match was amazing. Despite their (extremely, extremely close) loss to the Gentlemen, a much more experienced team, the Brood are shaping up to be a powerhouse.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:46:35 pm by Morblitz »

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2013, 10:35:50 pm »
The Dover would probably have not ever even considered using the Spire had it not been for the "New Russian Meta" that I hear getting tossed around. Polaris has nothing to be ashamed of.

The Dover on the other hand...

Yeah.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2013, 10:38:05 pm »
The Mufasa Rockefeller and the Ptolemaios (I think it was that one) charging towards each other at 4-4 was the most epic thing I've seen in the Cogs, and that moment right at the end when one ship from each team lost almost all its hull health was ridiculously tense.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:41:30 pm by N-Sunderland »

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2013, 10:49:30 pm »
It was defiantly a very different interesting cogs today.

Well Zitruskiller I do not care what you guys bring. You Russians are scary, and intimidating. LOL

Yeah I miss having two Russians on my ship telling me my guns are "SHIT, why you bring that SHIT I tell you NO GOOD!". It was like little hug from another country. :P Now I have a German that speaks little, does his job well, and loves his flare gun, a silent, but deadly lumberjacking Dutch women partner who's tactical objectivity is like no other, and a hawk eyed American of all trades able to fire Manticore shells at surprisingly accurate long distance while fixing the hull upstairs in a single bound. I am just the captain that happens to steer the ship, and enjoys the experience of a crew's hardwork. :)

...and yes i was routing for my old main engie. :)

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2013, 10:58:26 pm »
Yeah it was a good try Polaris, Duel is our best map.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2013, 11:03:08 pm »
Duel is our best map.

Nobody listen to him! He's just trying to get Swallow to pick Dunes next round :P

I'd personally like to see the Ducks play the Gents on Canyon next week.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2013, 11:05:19 pm »
I would love to play a match on canyon.