Author Topic: ignition chance  (Read 11059 times)

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
ignition chance
« on: February 17, 2014, 05:06:30 am »
I'd like to know how high the chance of each weapon is to set a fire stack on the hit component.
Is such information out there?

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: ignition chance
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:37:18 am »
http://gunsoficarusonline.wikia.com/wiki/Guns_of_Icarus_Online_Wikia
Found some info for the weapons ignite chance in their once.
Not sure if they are up to date.

Offline Wundsalz

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 05:47:07 am »
every information I've looked up in that wiki so far is horribly outdated. It wasn't even up to date when I've initially picked up this game about a year ago. Hence I don't feel comfortable to use it as a source.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:48:42 am by Wundsalz »

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:53:09 am »
every information I've looked up in that wiki so far is horribly outdated. It wasn't even up to date when I've initially picked up this game about a year ago. Hence I don't feel comfortable to use it as a source.

A wave of updates went through that website when the Wilson's Notes and co. manuals came out.  I would probably consider the wiki as old as that release.

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 11:07:50 am »
All explosive weapons have % chance to set fires, depending on strength of explosive component.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 11:13:22 am »
As far as I'm aware this information hasn't been released. You can probably find some of the chances for individual weapons that were patched.

Explosive weapons have a chance to ignite which is based upon the damage (in general). So a heavy flak has a high chance to set fire, while a light flak has a lower chance. Weapons like the rocket carousal have an even higher chance. Then of course your regular fire weapons. Everything else is 0 as far as I know.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 11:53:10 am »
Flamer has a 23.9% chance of applying 1 stack on direct hit... AoE for flamer is a bit weird though. It has a burst radius of 0, yet burst rounds apparently still increase the burst radius... So not sure about that.

Banshee has a 35% chance of getting 1 stack on direct, 26.4% of applying 2 stacks on AoE.

Hades does 1 stack on each (25% chance on direct, 40% on AoE).

The chance of ignition for explosive weapons increases with damage.

Those numbers are based on the latest patch notes and such for each gun.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 12:37:43 pm »
Flamer's aoe is not increased with burst, the particle size is, thus allowing it to have a higher chance of traveling through more components.
The 23.9% chance is per particle as well. (when particles go through a component(s))

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 09:11:20 pm »
That's correct, the flamer is a particle weapon and unique in that respect to goi.

It has no aoe (and no secondary damage type), but rather particles that pass through the ship able to hit multiple components, as stated earlier burst makes the particles larger.

It's also worth noting that regular explosive weapons and incendiary round affected ammo only applies fire stacks for direct impact and not on aoe.

Offline Wundsalz

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 03:00:30 am »
thanks a lot for the detailed responses!
regarding the AoE ignition chance: is that the chance that a single component within the aoe catches fire or is the chance rolled seperately for every component within the AoE?
regarding particle weapons:
I've heard a rumor that particle weapons do take the own ships movement into account but NOT the enemies movement when it comes to calculating wether a particle hits or not. Is this true?

[The flamer] has no aoe (and no secondary damage type), but rather particles that pass through the ship able to hit multiple components, as stated earlier burst makes the particles larger.
Has this statement ever been quantified by muse somewhere? If the flamer particles are very small (extreme example: a diameter of 1cm) the effect of burst rounds would probably be neglectable (assuming that the particle size is increased by a factor of 1.5 as well).

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:10:49 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 02:08:51 pm »
Has this statement ever been quantified by muse somewhere? If the flamer particles are very small (extreme example: a diameter of 1cm) the effect of burst rounds would probably be neglectable (assuming that the particle size is increased by a factor of 1.5 as well).

This was stated by awkm in the forums about 5 months ago but I have no idea where.  As far as aoe fire % for hades, banshee and mines I've always assumed the % is rolled and applies fire to everything in the aoe if it applies fire but now that you ask the question I realize I could be completely wrong.

I've never heard the rumor about particle weapons not taking enemy ship movement into account but it doesn't make much sense.  If that were the case and enemy could move out of range and you'd still be able to hit them or move into range and still not be able to hit thim.  The particles have to take into account the enemy ships position (hence their movement)

Offline Wundsalz

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 05:37:17 pm »
This was stated by awkm in the forums about 5 months ago but I have no idea where.  As far as aoe fire % for hades, banshee and mines I've always assumed the % is rolled and applies fire to everything in the aoe if it applies fire but now that you ask the question I realize I could be completely wrong.
I doubt that. Though I didn't pay close attention to this aspect of the game so far, I think Mines feel like having an AoE damage as well and I can't recall having seen one of those devastating hits of a well placed mine setting all components on fire at once.