Author Topic: Post level 15 log/goal/whathaveyou idea(s)  (Read 14097 times)

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Post level 15 log/goal/whathaveyou idea(s)
« on: February 17, 2014, 12:25:12 am »
As the game ages more and more people will reach level 15..  and while I understand logs and levels aren't the focus of this game.. I think many people still like them and they give you some side goals to go for (I know personally like having the log goals to work on for the class I am playing)..

So I suggest once a person reaches level 15, they could re-do all the logs for that class, and a star is added after the level.. or something like this.. (basically getting level 15 twice)..

If this isn't possible because of the steam achievements and issues with that.. or some other reason..

A few daily logs that are picked at random could be given.. maybe every few days (not everyone has time I assume to do them daily so ever few days or maybe week would be more fair to everyone probably)... Where they could give a badge long term (like complete X daily challenges.. (or weekly or whatever)...

Another thought is add post 15 "ridiculous" logs.. that are very hard to achieve.. like maybe 3000m balloon pop.. or survive 10mins and get 2 kills with less then 1% hull health as pilot.. (idk I am sure you guys can come up with some ridiculous logs that could be for fun or maybe badges.. cause we all like them right?)...

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Post level 15 log/goal/whathaveyou idea(s)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 04:19:45 am »
I personally feel comfortable with my role as a senior air-resident, who has done his duty and can now lay back to watch the younger folkens eager strive for 'chievies.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:21:33 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:55:56 am »
NO....FREAKEN....WAY.....

You know how much of a royal pain in the exhaust port leveling pilot is? Try it...when you get to the point many of us are at, you'll never want to level ever again. Literally right now you can't reach 15 pilot without arranged farming. There are more gunners and engineers at 15 for a reason. You can get your achievements a lot easier than we can. Much of ours are dependent on our crews or on not having inept allies. Then to top it off, also dependent on our enemies being both high level and stupid enough to let us kill them.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:58:07 am »
What about daily or weekly missions?

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 07:06:11 am »
Literally right now you can't reach 15 pilot without arranged farming.
I... don't know that I would agree with that. The only achievement that I'm not certain I can get is the 25 kills at a distance greater than 1300m achievement. That is mostly because I just really don't like flying such long range builds. At one point I took a double artemis-hades junker and got one of those kills on accident. So if I try at some point, I'm sure I'll be able to get it.

Personally I think it would be kind of fun to have the achievements open back up. I really enjoy seeing the little pop-ups whenever I complete one.

For added kicks, they could all open at once, so your kills count across every kill requirement for every achievement. It would make some trees end very quickly, but make the map ones a lot more viable to redo and less of a pain.

It is fun to have goals outside of just winning. It gives you a reason to break from your normal builds. Personally I would like to see something happen along these lines. I plan on hitting 15 relatively soon, and would like something to pursue after that.  :)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 07:38:59 am »
Firnfeld was a multi month nightmare. Getting 4+ then also all perfect, with allies not dying either. Finally farmed it for the final 2. The others are just exercises in attrition and time.

But you need all 128 to hit 15 so...getting hung up on some of these gets to be a pain. Specially because the chances of pugs being able to pull off some of it is just nuts. Most pugs will charge a sniper boat so 1300m kills just don't work. If by chance you do face a sniper boat too, they'll be loaded with Arts and will attempt to close within 1300m to be able to hit you better also which just compounds it worse. I'm finally 6/25 and the 2 recently came from Merc battles, one of which in competitive play. The other thanks to both enemies completely ignoring me while I left my ally to rush in and die.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 08:03:38 am »
I... don't know that I would agree with that. The only achievement that I'm not certain I can get is the 25 kills at a distance greater than 1300m achievement.
I think the long range achievement can be done legitimately rather quickly with the current meta (merc/lesmok-arte mobu on dunes).

I've personally farmed those long range kills (which have been 2000m ones back then) and a couple of map achievements.
Some maps have been (and most still are) played extremely rarely. E.g. the flayed achievement can easily stop your progress for months - simply because there is no possibility to play that map. To illustrate this point: Personally I've not unlocked the manual entries for sepulcher nor for flayed yet, despite having played more than 1000 matches since the notes-system has been introduced.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 10:01:19 am »
Regardless of the feasibility of reaching 15 pilot without farming...

The topic is whether more objectives after level 15 would be a good addition or a bane. Personally, having achievements available makes me feel like, despite the fact that I am repeatedly playing the same game, I am making progress towards something. When I hit level 15, if there isn't any other tasks there, I am going to feel like I need to play the other classes exclusively otherwise I won't be making progress towards anything: as in wasting time.

Which is not true obviously. And I should spend more time using other classes. I just enjoy piloting the most and I want for there to still be something to strive for, even if it is repetitive.

That said, weekly/daily goals would be awesome. Because everyone else would be going for the same thing at the same time. You wouldn't be farming intentionally, everyone would just be trying to do it at once. Use a counter of the number you get and give out badges periodically to the best achievement hunter over a period of time.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 11:00:35 am »
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3475.0.html

I'd recommend that if you still need the 1300+ achievements.

As for post rank 15 stuff, I don't think anything is really needed. Sure you could add more levels, or do little stars, or anything else for vanity really. Or you could just play the game. I know a lot of people don't even bother with achievements for a long period of time. We also have co-op mode coming up, and that should leave plenty to do.

Or you could get rank 15 in the other roles.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 03:58:08 pm »
I see many people with high levels that obviously forget the trouble of being new to this game - or just feel better than new players, I don't know the reason.
But I think we're a community looking out for each other and to stay that way maybe introduce some "Play with 2 level 1 - 3 players in your crew for 120 minutes total" or "Play with only level 1 - 4 teamates against only level 5+ captains (0/20)" and such. Might help keeping the community together and will hopefully not result in many level 15 players being ... rude against the newer ones. The newer players however might learn a thing or two on the way though.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 04:06:27 pm »
80% of the time I see higher levels giving friendly advice to lower levels, it gets spun into the higher level being a know it all, ignored, or being elitist. It didn't always end up like that, but with the current state of things I don't see achievements like that doing much good.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 04:16:24 pm »
Of course there will always be players that don't want to listen and act as you said, Zill, but there are also other players. Furthermore it depends on how you explain them, because not everyone is friendly and not everyone gives advice - I usually see around 20% of the time people act as you say. So the truth will probably be somewhere inbetween.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 04:22:28 pm »
Fair enough. I don't think the OP was looking for training achievements though. I know there are some already in the game, though I forget their rewards.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 04:24:36 pm »
I wasn't talking about teaching achievements ("training achievements") either.

Offline TyberiusTheThird

• Salutes: 7
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 04:39:06 pm »
 Well, first of all: the achievements are atrocious when you're reaching 15. You just don't want to do the achievements, you don't want to go back, unless you like hurting yourself and you're into that kind of stuff. Second of all: as Wunds said, when you've reached a certain rank, you may consider yourself a senior and be happy with it, at the same time sharing your experience with newcomers. That's exactly what I'm planning to do.  I don't need kawaii stars on top of my senior status for the price of going through this hell again. I'm just doing my job, want to focus on that, achievs were ALWAYS a distraction. Help the newbies, thank you.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:41:04 pm by TyberiusTheThird »