Author Topic: Surprise speculation  (Read 26151 times)

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
Re: Surprise speculation
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 09:51:05 am »
So that huge countdown was seriously for a 2 minute youtube artsy video that included no real gameplay? That was it...?

Heh

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2014, 10:09:10 am »
For someone who wants to contribute to the community, you sure do it poorly.

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2014, 11:35:53 am »
For those who did not see it check it out on www.gunsoficarus.com

I thought the trailer was awesome, a different art approach but a teaser for the prologue for co-op with a release for this year, we get our hands on some lore and idea of each faction, such as the guild and the flamethrower...looking at you cakes :P, personally i will be arashi but i did enjoy it and the fireside chat that followed the devs answered a lot of questions on how some of the mechanics are going to work, and they are looking for a gameplay demo for PAX east which will be awesome can't wait ><, i think that fireside chat should be on www.twitch.tv/gunsoficarus check it out

Offline Oliver Colt

• Salutes: 80
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2014, 12:28:58 pm »
^It's also on youtube here http://youtu.be/DhdFQ2MA8C0 :) and I still need to do faction research because I haven't done that at all so I can't choose yet xD And it's gonna be hard bc they all look so cool in that trailer :0 asflashljfgkadg I can't wait to have co-op mode omg xD

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2014, 02:55:51 pm »
So that huge countdown was seriously for a 2 minute youtube artsy video that included no real gameplay? That was it...?

Heh

Seriously... Who hurt you?

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2014, 03:03:29 pm »
@oliver if you go on http://gunsoficarus.com/world/factions/ you can find some base lore :) and the rest is right here on the forums under world with loads of speculation but all good stuff, personally arashi is the most appealing to me.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2014, 03:18:02 pm »
For me it's gotta be the Mercantile Guild. I just love the ethic they seem to have of "Yo, trade with us. And if you don't, we'll burn you."

Offline Oliver Colt

• [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2014, 10:20:23 pm »
@oliver if you go on http://gunsoficarus.com/world/factions/ you can find some base lore :) and the rest is right here on the forums under world with loads of speculation but all good stuff, personally arashi is the most appealing to me.
Oh thanks! I read through it and I like the Fjord Baronies very much 8) Also I really like the idea of clans and factions being related, as it was mentioned in the dev chat, this is gonna be so great! :D

For me it's gotta be the Mercantile Guild. I just love the ethic they seem to have of "Yo, trade with us. And if you don't, we'll burn you."
They're scary AF, kinda like cakes xD

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 11:42:47 pm »
First time I agree with Dragonmere, we were all told coop will be released in the first quarter of 2014, so when I see a big shiny count down in the first quarter of 2014 it had pretty strong expectations. There is no need to over-hype a trailer so very much (Isn't the point of a trailer to generate hype?) Maybe I'm just ignorant about how these things work.

I cancelled a shift at work to get ready for the countdown which had told me to save the date (also implying that something would actually happen). I then found out that they hadn't coded the time-zones properly (it was 5 hours later), and then at the end of it there wasn't even any playable content but an announcement of something that had already been announced. (It didn't even give us an actual release date...) Honest open question, who didn't feel disappointed that nothing was actually released? Second honest question, if you were disappointed would you have felt really excited and hyped if they just released a trailer on the website without a ridiculously over the top countdown?

I thought the trailer was pretty good. I'd still rather they fixed the harpoon mechanics first though.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:46:34 pm by GeoRmr »

Offline Oliver Colt

• [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 12:01:56 am »
Honest open question, who didn't feel disappointed that nothing was actually released? Second honest question, if you were disappointed would you have felt really excited and hyped if they just released a trailer on the website without a ridiculously over the top countdown?
Honestly? I did love the trailer they released AND the chat stream they made, I got really hyped and shizzle mostly for the chat because they talked about sooooooooooo many cool things I just had to go rob a bank to preorder that same day... Okay no I had been saving money for months but this just made me go and drop 55 bucks in the place, no second thoughts xD

And Idk the trailer was really good, and if it wasn't enough to deserve the countdown then the chat definitely was, so I'm pretty okay with all this :P I didn't cancel anything for it tho, in fact I watched it the next day on Youtube, but I mean you can't make a stream chat like that without a good deal of people asking questions about it in real time so the countdown was actually a smart and necessary thing if you ask me. It was useful for all those people with questions about Co-op, maybe they wouldn't have been able to ask all that without the countdown getting them hyped so yeah :)

The fact that the countdown thing on the website was wrong was a little (a lot) confusing tho I give you that P: But aside from that I think it was really cool. Again not just for the trailer and whatnot but for how the chat ended up to be ^-^

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2014, 12:06:35 am »
Doesn't the fireside chat happen every week with live questions and a large number of viewers?

Offline Oliver Colt

• [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2014, 12:09:06 am »
Yeah but this one was about the trailer so it was like 2 things at once idek :D I considered it part of the surprise anyway xD