Author Topic: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).  (Read 302323 times)

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
Re: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 11:55:54 am »
Hey, quick question, when will the actual KS campaign start? I know it's bound to PAX East, but will it start with it, once it ends, during your presentation there?

And ofc, will the campaign start be somehow EU-friendly (timewise)? :)

It'll start to capture a good portion of PAX, not at the end so that'll be a good indicator of when it'll start.

Not sure how friendly the start time will be for EU... we're bound to EST time right now but we'll keep it in mind.  Hope you don't mind waking up early in the morning lol.

Offline Meneldour

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 12:08:23 pm »
Your 7 PM is our midnight, that's reasonable, huh huh?

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2013, 12:15:59 pm »
EB = Early Bird, it makes more sense now.. .. (I'd figured KS was Kickstarter tag, but KE = Kickstarter Edition?)

Of course, the one thing I'm not going to do is advertise this anywhere, not until I've decided if I want an EB special or not!  Advertising can be left until after the established community has cherry picked what it wants!

Being in Europe and not fussed about physical swag, what I'd really like is an "Adventure KE (EB)" minus the swag and it doesn't have to be an EB limited edition ($50/60 sound about right?).  I'll send Jess and Clara a care packet including Yorkshire Tea if that can be arranged (there is no other tea).

Now do we need a Community Kickstarter project to raise $10,000 so that there's a seat at the table shouting "Sky Whale" very forcefully? (although I notice that someone's a Yorkshireman as even $10,000 only gets you a single copy and not enough for a crew, or even a small clan, as might be expected).

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 12:24:25 pm »
Not sure how friendly the start time will be for EU... we're bound to EST time right now but we'll keep it in mind.  Hope you don't mind waking up early in the morning lol.

8am kick-off EST would be 1pm GMT, I think.  That makes it 2pm in most of Europe, 5pm in Moscow, 10pm in Tokyo, and midnight in eastern Australia.  I'm not sure there'll be a better alignment.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2013, 12:29:24 pm »

8am kick-off EST would be 1pm GMT, I think.  That makes it 2pm in most of Europe, 5pm in Moscow, 10pm in Tokyo, and midnight in eastern Australia.  I'm not sure there'll be a better alignment.

Don't forget we need to hit a sweet ending time.  That's the most important part.

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2013, 01:00:22 pm »
Being in Europe and not fussed about physical swag, what I'd really like is an "Adventure KE (EB)" minus the swag and it doesn't have to be an EB limited edition ($50/60 sound about right?).  I'll send Jess and Clara a care packet including Yorkshire Tea if that can be arranged (there is no other tea).

Anyone who knows me knows I love tea, and anyone who knows Bubbles knows he loves to bargain. Anything is possible!

Offline Veffidia

• Salutes: 6
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2013, 01:03:01 pm »
I might be jumping the gun with this, but I'm looking at the spreadsheet and the initial post, and I cant for the life of me figure out what any of the Kickstarter tiers, abbreviations, or rewards all are meaning.  Obviously there will be more information and pictures posted when the actual Kickstarter page goes up, but for now, I am very confused as to what is all currently being offered.

I absolutely want to contribute (sad that it's so expensive to actually have an impact on the game.....but that's obviously intended I'd imagine), but I want to make sure that I'm putting my dollars towards the best tier for my budget......and right now, I don't have nearly enough information with which to plan ahead for an informed decision.

.....and be careful with those stretch goals......there's the slim chance you could actually wind up having to add whales & boarding.......or WHALE BOARDING.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:05:25 pm by Veffidia »

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2013, 01:05:47 pm »
How does Kickstarter work? - fixed X x 24hrs, or can you play the times?   sweet time to finish, 6-10pm on a Sunday like Ebay?

Clara.. I've a big box of Yorkshire Tea in the kitchen, and a freshly brewed pot ready to pour (pass your mug through the screen)... .. I can probably fit a few Tunnock's caramel wafers into the packet if that will help sway Bubble's mind..

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2013, 01:12:03 pm »
Veffidia..

KE Skirmish Mode - I presume this is a back-dated upgrade to the original Kickstarter Edition of the current game (ie. you get the Dustrider outfit)

Adv Mode - basic Adventure Mode when it comes out

KE Adv Mode - Kickstarter Edition Adventure Mode, presumably the Dustrider v2 costume and whatever other ingame goodies are added

Closed Beta tester - what it says on the tin, playing the pre-release version in a private game to bug test

Special Forum Access

In Game KS Tag - people will be able to see from your character that you contributed to the Kickstarter project

Button, poster, bullet USB - physical goodies

Thank You Credit - your name on the in-game credits as a supporter

Alpha tester - playing the rough-cut version of the game to spot bugs, before the beta test

Tomes - various books

The rest is vanity stuff for deep pockets.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2013, 01:42:53 pm »
update 3 posted

Offline Captain Magellan

• Salutes: 13
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 01:48:52 pm »
Darn I wish I had $10,000 to give you guys, heck I wish I had $100,000. I can probably scrape up $20.

Offline DTheGame

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 02:14:35 pm »
Sadly, KS doesn´t support alternate methods of payment (think Paysafecard for example (being in Europe is dumb, sometimes)), any way I could use it to help you guys? I really don´t need any of the physical goodies, just want you guys to deliver your best :3

I also could send a care package with.. ummm... Beer, I guess? What else from the Czech Republic would be good enough to send?

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 02:31:23 pm »
Aww sweet, finally some public concepts about the other factions! I waited for this, Kinforth looks badass

EDIT: aw damn, 75$ for the bullet-USB, darn I was on the lookout for that
On the other hand I guess we'll need it for the 1.5 M Skywhale stretch  ;)
or better yet! Interactive rutabagas, that was a long time ago.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:51:21 pm by Sgt. Spoon »

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 02:37:38 pm »
That's what i was waiting for a long time

What ways of payment will be available? And could you please announce the exact date and time kickstarting will be available (whet this info will be confirmed finally)? I have no FB ant twitter and else you mentioned here, so Steam group and forum is my only way to know

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2013, 02:51:25 pm »
That's what i was waiting for a long time

What ways of payment will be available? And could you please announce the exact date and time kickstarting will be available (whet this info will be confirmed finally)? I have no FB ant twitter and else you mentioned here, so Steam group and forum is my only way to know

We can't announce the exact date and time just yet.  However, I will be posting an update here to notify everyone at least a few hours ahead of time of when it goes live.

Payment is through Amazon so if you were able to buy something through Amazon you should be set.  Basically some kind of credit card.