Author Topic: The Wall [v1]  (Read 376698 times)

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v1]
« Reply #420 on: April 02, 2014, 08:17:57 am »
I grab my swords by the handles, one in each hand, and run outside and straight at the wall. As soon as I get close I swing one sword with regular power, to build accuracy for later strikes. I follow up with a slash from each sword, heavy hits to deal massive damage. For my last attack I get one more slash in with each sword, slicing at the wall with the blizzard effect activated on my swords. The ultra low energy photons deal less damage in this mode, but they freeze the wall, preventing (or reducing the damage if you insist) it from throwing a brick at me this turn.

(The attacks in PSO run on a 3 attack limit, with your weapon type determining how your weapon attacks over the course of your 3 attacks. The twin swords operate like this, with a single slice followed by two double slices)

Offline Jawjee

• Salutes: 111
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 06, 2014, 06:30:10 pm »
*Jawjee comes out of his ice fortress and yawns loudly*
What time is it? How many centuries have I been asleep? Who fed my huskies? Do I still have my 5 tails?
Alright, it's time for a tango.
*Equips the Husky Titans with the SHARP SPIKY RESISTANT LIGHTWEIGHT DEMI-GOD ARMOURS*
I shall attack with all my might!

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 07, 2014, 09:43:33 am »
Abby mutters to herself something about this turn taking forever to tick over

Offline TerminalRequiem

• Salutes: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 07, 2014, 12:28:18 pm »
*New challenger TerminalRequiem has entered the battle!*

Surveying the field of destruction from above on his galleon, Terminal recognizes an epic battle being waged against a super OP looking wall.  Feeling the need to contribute, Terminal navigates his ship to a suitable distance where he can make a full broadside attack.

(Maybe this is necessary, maybe not, but for the sake of detail the ship has a mercury gun, a manticore, and heavy flak on the left side, and a heavy carronade and another manticore on the right. I am shooting with the left side.)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 07, 2014, 11:40:51 pm »
After a nice rest and relaxation in the Hospital, I come out and face the Wall again. Takeing aim at the old red target, I fire both of my weapons in fury.

Offline Oliver Colt

• Salutes: 80
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 09, 2014, 01:56:26 am »
END OF TURN 27

Piemanlives:
You look at your watch to check the time and realize that the Wall has dried off and you haven't been with your cannons for a while. You walk over to your beloved cannons and talk to them about how to be proper gentlemachines, etc. Then you go get a Galleon, load it in the cannon and fire it at the Wall. The Wall throws some of the parts of the broken Galleon back at you.

Stuff: Tunnel machine (deployed).
Damage dealt: 1959
Damage taken: 6
HP: 84/100

Cheesy Crackers:
You save all the family friendly content in your computer and decide to head to the Llaw and start making a Titandozer, as seen in a totally legit post in the Payday 2 Steam group announcements. (The Titandozer will be ready for use in turn 30). The Wall can't attack you because you're behind the Llaw.

Ongoing action: Making the Titandozer.
Stuff: Smart moving wall minions (x41), magma-ish cubical minions (x43.5).
Damage dealt: 0
Damage taken: 0
HP: 50/99
Misc.: Immune to baby sign effects.
Achievements: Breaking the Fire Wall.

Sammy B. T.:
Recovering from the headache that the Wall gave you with that brick, you decide to gather some materials to make a huge pressure washer to use on the Wall and make it weaker. (The pressure washer will be ready for use in turn 29). The Wall attacks you for not working in a safer place.

Ongoing action: Making the pressure washer.
Damage taken: 8
HP: 86/100

Gryphos Felldawning:
You start walking towards the hospital to get some of your health back, but you stumble on something and fall down. You start feeling sleepy and decide that the ground is a good place to take a nap. (You have fainted for this end of turn, but you can post another action now). You barely feel it when the Wall throws a rock at you.

Stuff: Grond.
Damage taken: 3
HP: 9/100
Misc.: Low health.
Achievements: Reference letters.

macmacnick:
You grab a scroll and set up a summoning circle in front of the Llaw to destroy it. (The summoning circle is now ready and you will start dealing damage next turn). After doing this, you'll make sure Cheesy goes back to his magma-ish cubical minion form. The Wall attacks you for trying to destroy a fellow structure.

Ongoing action: Attacking the Llaw.
Stuff: Robot (deployed), magical notebook, advanced handheld sticky mine launcher, portable banshee rocket launcher.
HP: 60/100
Misc.: Armor.
Achievements: Love thy GM...

AbbyTheRat:
You finally have a very good wand, and also a black cat because they were on a super good deal. (The wand and the black cat are now in your stuff). You test the wand in the laboratory and try to get used to it, which should make casting spells a lot easier for you. You read some spells from a list that apparently popped up out of nowhere: Buff, Set fire,
Extinguish fire, Tar, Lochnagar, Nerf***. It doesn't look very official as it is just a piece of paper, so you're sure you could try a few more. It feels like this day has taken forever, but something tells you it's probably the usual. The Wall can't attack you because you're inside the laboratory.

Stuff: Wand, black cat.
HP: 100/100
Misc.: Wearing teal robes and hat.

redria:
You leave the laboratory and start running towards the Wall with one sword in each hand. Once you reach the Wall, you attack it with both your swords, and finish it up by using the blizzard effect to prevent the Wall from attacking you. The Wall can't attack you because it's frozen.

Stuff: Rotten apple, photon blade large swords (x2).
Damage dealt: 2248 (1259, 989 from swords)
HP: 62/100

Jawjee:
You wake up from a long nap and walk out of your ice shelter. 11 pm GM time, quite a few, Lockheart did and he almost lost an arm while he was at it, and yes you do. You put on some sharp spiky resistant lightweight demi-god armour on your Husky Titans and attack the Wall. We're not sure if the armour has spikes and is resistant in general or if it is just resistant to spikes. We also don't know how lightweight "lightweight" can be, all things considered, and as for demi-gods, the GM is very skeptic, but you still deal a good amount of damage. The Wall throws a brick at you as a welcome back.

Peeps: Armoured Husky Titans (100 HP).
Stuff: Ice crystal sword.
Damage dealt: 1298
Damage taken: 2
HP: 98/100

TerminalRequiem:
You see there's a huge battle and decide to join it and help the brave soldiers who are fighting a huge Wall. You get closer with your Galleon and fire the left side guns at the Wall, getting three really good shots. The Wall welcomes you in a similar way with one of its bricks, which hits you in the head for extra politeness.

Damage dealt: 2910 (1130 from Mercury Gun, 650 from Manticore, 1130 from Heavy Flak)
Damage taken: 9
HP: 91/100

BdrLineAzn:
Even though there's no such thing as too much bacon, you decide it's time to leave the hospital and its awesome cafeteria to attack the Wall once more. You take out your super real cool awesome beautiful peashooter in one hand, and the bubble-atron-inator-thingy in the other, and shoot at the big red circle. The Wall throws a rock at you to remind you that you should probably take cover.

Ongoing action: Healing at the hospital.
Stuff: Super real cool awesome beautiful peashooter, Bubble-atron-inator-thingy.
Damage dealt: 3806 (1169 from Peashooter, 2637 from Bubble-atron-inator-thingy)
Damage taken: 6
HP: 64/100
Achievements: ... -The Sign Painter.

Coldcurse:
You're still in the hospital (+ 14 HP), and Ariden is probably very bored by now. The Wall can't attack you because you're inside the hospital.

Ongoing action: Healing at the hospital.
Damage dealt:  0
HP: 97/100
Misc.: With Ariden.

Keon:
You continue working on your super-high-power-kinetic-raingun-orbital-bombardiment-laser-death-ray. The Wall can't attack you because you're inside the laboratory.

Ongoing action: Making the super-high-power-kinetic-raingun-orbital-bombardiment-laser-death-ray.
Stuff: KillStealer (deployed).
HP: 42/100

Other Damage:
7176 from Firing Range (2832 from catapult, 2172 from cannon, 2172 from wrecking ball).
1000 from Robot (500 to max HP)
18652 from Bomb Factory (4588 from bomb factory, 5488 from bombs in the catapult, 5488 from bombs in the cannon, 3088 from bombs in the mine-launcher).
3390 from Impact-mine Mine-launcher.
1166 from Tunnel Machine.
3087 from High Energy Kinetic Rail-cannons.
729 from Ivy.
1929 from Mold.

The laboratory:
Speeds up the creation of new weapons and gadgets and other sci-fi goodies.
You can upgrade weapons here for extra damage.
Has a really sweet bathroom (+1 HP to anyone who uses it).

The fort numero uno:
Gives +15 defense to anyone staying inside of it.
Holds up to 3 people.

The catapult:
First siege unit of the game.
Effective attacking cities.
Can be used by many people in one turn (only one shot for each person).

The Llaw:
+1 Culture output for every Wall.
-5% Accuracy for everyone directly attacking the Wall.
Allows research to commence on upgrading the Wall's arsenal.
Deals damage to the Wall for every construction turn.
Can spawn minions to attack people.

The other Wall:
Defense bonus to anyone behind it.
Allows to use long range weapons without losing cover.
Holds up to 6 people.
Producing: +1 Culture.

High energy kinetic rail-cannons:
Can be used by many people in one turn.
Certified as a sentient being by several science authorities.
Has an AI core.
Attacks the Wall automatically every turn.

Bomb factory:
Produces bombs that get thrown at the Wall automatically every turn.
Has expansions for other existing weapons.

The hospital:
Helps recover more HP each turn to anyone inside it.
Has a really good cafeteria (+1 HP to anyone who uses it).

The wrecking ball:
She came in like a wrecking ball.
She never hit so hard in love.
Can be used by many people in one turn.

The firing range:
Shoots every long range weapon placed inside of it.
Holds up to 5 weapons.

Inside: The catapult, the wrecking ball, the high energy kinetic rail-cannons.

Impact-mine mine-launcher:
Throws impact-mines at the Wall automatically.
Is a cake related thing.

Ice fortress:
Heals Jawjee, Coldcurse and the Husky Titans when they're inside.
Deals damage to anyone else inside it.
Has a workbench to make weapons.

The shelter:
Gives cover to everyone inside it.
Holds up to 5 people.
Is the closest building to the Wall.
Has a nice bar and buffet area (+ 2 HP to anyone who uses it).
Has a special sniper nest for BdrLine and his peashooter only.

The Wall:

HP: 693304/993000
Producing: +1 Culture
Perks: Incendiary Pebbles II

I can't even read properly right now so please forgive any spelling errors etc P: And yes I did give a tiny buff to old weapons and explosives bc they're the vets and they deserve it ^-^ And see Gryphos this is what happens when you try to play with the system >:3 Now on to turn 28 XD

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 09, 2014, 02:13:29 am »
I look at the wounded Gryphos and carry him into the hospital.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 09, 2014, 12:29:05 pm »
Finally! It felt like she was testing the wand out for long time and when she felt comfortable with the wand she walked out dodging any bricks as she does so and cast Nerf Wall. Any spell on this list, right?

At least she's not arguing with the GM like one of her fellow player.

Offline TerminalRequiem

• Salutes: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 09, 2014, 01:10:50 pm »
Terminal decides to capitalize on the frozen wall effect with some good old-fashioned science. He orders his crew to continue the attack from the ship's current position, then uses a rope to slide down to ground level and heads to the laboratory.  There he begins work on a large freeze ray, which he intends to use to freeze the wall for its ultimate demise! (Muahahaha!)

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 09, 2014, 02:04:28 pm »
While being carried to the hospital by Pieman, I take off my shoe and throw it at the wall.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 09, 2014, 04:08:53 pm »
I look at the wall, slightly disappointed in the damage I did.
"That doesn't seem right..."
I head back to the lab and start doing some more research, trying to increase the damage dealt by my swords.
I want my swords to have layers, each dealing damage with some sort of effect, each one strengthening the others.
I would modify the edge of the blade to be hot as the sun and as sharp as... something really sharp: able to slice through anything easier than a hot knife through super-soft butter.
Trailing the edge of the sword would be a region of ultra low temperature photons, bonded together such that as the hot part of the sword slices through the wall, the low-temp area freezes the wall around it, allowing later sections of the blade to shatter the weakened wall.
Following the frozen photons would be a shedding section of the sword, projecting flechettes of solid photons out of the sword perpendicularly deep into the wall. The flechettes deal damage as they enter and can be detonated by resonating them at the proper frequency.
The 4th layer of the blades would be a resonating section, that resonates at the proper frequency to both damage the structural integrity of the wall and detonate the flechettes that are embedded deep in the wall. This causes massive explosions to surround any area cut by my swords.
Finally, on the trailing edge of the swords is a miniature rocket propulsion system, capable of being activated to make the swords cut faster and harder, with the possibility of a spinning attack which slices multiple times in one attack with each sword.

I suspect this will take a while to research. It better be worth it. >.>
As a side project, I research a way to more creatively make text walls out of the word wall.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #431 on: April 10, 2014, 05:51:13 am »
Grr.... macmac....
I'll keep building the Titandozer and the first thing it's gonna do is squish macmac :D
In the meantime I'll get my wall minions to take the fire for the Llaw and get the magma minions to attack macmac/mess up the circle.

Also how exactly does the summoning circle work?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 05:52:55 am by Cheesy Crackers »

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #432 on: April 10, 2014, 10:11:30 am »
...The summoning circle obliterates the minions who come close. Oh, and as you don't really have hands, your titandozer research takes longer, due to lack of fine motor skills.
Uses summoning circle, and invites others to help destroy the llaw.
  <3
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:15:09 am by macmacnick »

Offline Oliver Colt

• Salutes: 80
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 10, 2014, 01:51:39 pm »
Haha Cheesy is not a magma-ish cubical minion yet though, if everything goes fine then you will turn him back into one after the Llaw is destroyed. But it's true, the minions can't go near the summoning circle, so Cheesy I'd recommend ranged attacks xD

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 10, 2014, 05:08:29 pm »
Ok, finally seeing the special spot in the Shelter, I go and use my peashooter from within.