Author Topic: Any Canadians Around Here?  (Read 28037 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Any Canadians Around Here?
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:30:58 pm »
I find that there are a lot of British, German, American, and Russian players in GoIO, but my home country seems to be underrepresented. So, any other Canadians around here?

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Any Canadians Around Here?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 01:23:14 pm »
Wow, I was typing out this huge response about my ambitions until I realized you were asking if there are any canadians; not comedians 

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 01:36:30 pm »
Wow, I was typing out this huge response about my ambitions until I realized you were asking if there are any canadians; not comedians 

XD

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 02:10:51 pm »
Could say that I see many British Columbia and Alberta plates around where I live, and a lot of people do speak Canadian Terminology.....
My highschool principle was Canadian...
Best friend is Canadian...
But I doubt Inland Northwest America counts, eh?
(And no, not doing that for satire reasons...I really do say that...kind of a mix between , hm? and , eh? probably one or two other that I use and don't realize it, either...)

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 02:22:26 pm »
Could say that I see many British Columbia and Alberta plates around where I live, and a lot of people do speak Canadian Terminology.....
My highschool principle was Canadian...
Best friend is Canadian...
But I doubt Inland Northwest America counts, eh?
(And no, not doing that for satire reasons...I really do say that...kind of a mix between , hm? and , eh? probably one or two other that I use and don't realize it, either...)

We don't say eh! At least, no more than anybody else in the world. It's a common term everywhere, and I'm not sure why it's associated with us.

And you guys in the Northern States are pretty good neighbours (note the superior spelling of neighbour). Lots of cultural ties and stuff, but we can't help but find you all slightly strange :P

Offline Letus

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 02:31:16 pm »

We don't say eh! At least, no more than anybody else in the world. It's a common term everywhere, and I'm not sure why it's associated with us.

And you guys in the Northern States are pretty good neighbours (note the superior spelling of neighbour). Lots of cultural ties and stuff, but we can't help but find you all slightly strange :P

It really is, but I guess it's the Canadian Dialect that really emphasizes it.
...funny, I have this "ou dyslexia" all my life--well it's a dyslexia here, I'd be great elsewhere--and "neighbor" is one of the few words I don't "ou," though I "ou" words that aren't supposed to be "ou" either...

And yes, great neighbors, and we both find each other strange.  I'm saddened to say that the only place I've been to is Nelson / Ainsworth Hotsprings...wouldn't mind going to Edmonton for mall reasons...really, REALLY wanted to go to the Vancouver games and watch some curling.

...if I had money and could find my passport, I'd probably go somewhere...get lost...and probably cross a moose and not survive...

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 02:52:56 pm »

...funny, I have this "ou dyslexia" all my life--well it's a dyslexia here, I'd be great elsewhere--and "neighbor" is one of the few words I don't "ou," though I "ou" words that aren't supposed to be "ou" either...

And yes, great neighbors, and we both find each other strange.  I'm saddened to say that the only place I've been to is Nelson / Ainsworth Hotsprings...wouldn't mind going to Edmonton for mall reasons...really, REALLY wanted to go to the Vancouver games and watch some curling.

...if I had money and could find my passport, I'd probably go somewhere...get lost...and probably cross a moose and not survive...

Yeah, I haven't been to the States nearly as much as I should. I've been down to Cape Cod... And that's it. I haven't even visited much of Canada. Ontario, Québec, and no more than that.

By the way, I have never seen a moose in the wild. Ever. It might be because I live in Ottawa, but that's another thing you guys associate with us too much :P

Offline Letus

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 03:06:11 pm »

Yeah, I haven't been to the States nearly as much as I should. I've been down to Cape Cod... And that's it. I haven't even visited much of Canada. Ontario, Québec, and no more than that.

By the way, I have never seen a moose in the wild. Ever. It might be because I live in Ottawa, but that's another thing you guys associate with us too much :P

We get more moose down here than I've seen in Alaska.
hell...last year I almost hit one last year
And in 2008 I was shoveling my driveway (we had 5 feet of snow overnight) and I heard something...looked up, and saw a baby moose...
looked up a bit more and saw a bigger moose..

I dropped the shovel, got my dog from the backyard, and ran inside...they were no more than 20 feet from me...

Strange part is I live in suburbs...the forests / hills are at least two miles from my house in any direction

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 02:12:28 am »
Woo I live at the Cape Cod limits, you have to usually go through my town to access the bridges.  Unless you go through Plymouth...  To see the rock, which is not a really big rock, and is in a pit.  I throw pennies at it.

... I'm not Canadian.  Some ancestors were, a squa that my grandfather traded for some pelts, who in turned cursed the entire bloodline with an intolerance for milk.

Offline TheAlternative

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 07:39:19 pm »
I was born in russia, I moved to canada when I was a kid.

I currently live in ontario, but I plan to move to BC.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 09:29:34 pm »
I live in Minnesota, US... That's pretty much Canada in terms of the rest of the country.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 09:44:31 pm »
So many people who live so close to Canada, but not quite in here...

Except TheAlternative. We have him at least. I've met a few other Canadians here and there...

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 08:22:20 pm »
Washington State, how close is that?

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 09:42:11 pm »

You're still one of them *gives dark glare*.

Nah, we like the US. We just pretend that we don't so that we have somebody to make fun of.

That being said, some of your politicians provide much hilarity :P

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 12:54:02 am »

You're still one of them *gives dark glare*.

Nah, we like the US. We just pretend that we don't so that we have somebody to make fun of.

That being said, some of your politicians provide much hilarity :P

That they do, that they do. But then again you guys have a political party that has no presence out side of Quebec.