Author Topic: COGS Season Three, REBIRTH  (Read 44256 times)

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: COGS Season Three, REBIRTH
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 06:28:05 pm »
NEVER.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 06:29:29 pm »
You guys have got to be kidding me -_-

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 07:29:23 pm »
Can we decide on this plz? We were hoping to run Aerodrome on a pre Cogs time slot. If its not happening then we might as well adjust it and open it to more teams.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 07:34:56 pm »
Read leto's post. Most of the clans have thrown in support for the box social while leto and and urz design a new serious tournament event, which will take a few weeks.

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 07:44:38 pm »

sacrilege won't support a reboot

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 08:19:09 pm »
this is per definition dead. the old organizers have shown little interest in keep promises. I think most of us, not speaking for team but for the people who are tired of the feuds in the competitive scene, that we cleanslate and create something new, simple and accessible.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 08:20:06 pm »
yep.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 09:36:05 pm »
I was under the impression that the box special was a stop gap measure until a real event got started. Ducks are waiting for the real event.

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 10:05:36 pm »
I was under the impression that the box special was a stop gap measure until a real event got started.

That is the current plan.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2014, 10:06:20 pm »
Ok if we are going to do a fart around event then we'll roll out Aerodrome. Probably post it the end of the week when the vid is done.

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2014, 10:12:36 pm »
I would not categorize it as a "fart around" event. The Box Social is as much a competition as any other event I've run, but we do aim to replace it with something more 'substantial' in the near future.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:14:15 pm by Urz »

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 03:41:57 am »
In my opinion you should place this event even more in a official position.
Because there already is a big section on the forums being dedicated to the Cogs, then why not make this the main Tournament of GoIo?

The system Itself was just fine, you simply needed to make the rules more clear.
The Cogs really has the "Competitive GoIo" Genre which you can't create that easily.
The tournament is as steampunk as it can be, it simply represents the main competitive side of GoIo.

My suggestion will be to give it to muse after you guys tweaked it out.
I think Muse would take good care of it and make sure it will keep that "Competitive GoIo" Genre.

If you keep continouing to make a "new" thing for the cogs then TFD still be supporting you guys.
But make sure to make a system that is as solid as the original Cogs, if it all collapses and breacks down you'll bring alot of harm to the Cogs and anything related to it. So I really hope you guys know what you're doing.

Also:
It would be nice if we can apply Flotsam rules in the "new system".

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2014, 06:10:59 am »
I wouldn't call cogs a solid event at all - at least from the organizational side it has rather been a nightmare (judging based on my experiences in season 2). That being said, I'm glad that Urz is getting involved into this, as he has proven to be a competent and reliable organizer by running the cogs for 20 consecutive weeks now. Furthermore I like the way he handled all those little crises popping up along the run.
So while I'm not exactly existed that the start of our league gets pushed back yet again, I'm looking forward to what you guys have got planned. Just make sure that the whole things get the muse's "official"-tag, so we've got one regular serious event on saturday followed by the more casual sunday rumble.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:12:33 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2014, 07:15:26 am »
Giving it to Muse would be a disaster. They've botched every competitive thing they've tried. This will be done with the creativity and skill of Urz and Leto, from the community for the community. Hopefully they get the full Muse support.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 07:30:08 am »
yeah after seeing what i posted...
I take my words back that the Cogs was a solid system.

The idea behind it was good but the way it was implemented was amateuristic. no offense qwerty, but it's an oval.
you should really invent something that supports new teams, because we currently are stuck with just some major clans because no one can defeat the veteran players.
also the giving it to muse idea was kinda silly indeed, letting them organise after what they have done at the end season 2 event.
I just think they have learned from it and if they are responsible for their own tournament of the game they would put more effort in it.

I wouldn't know why Muse won't support them because I truly think you guys can create something great.
Clear and Reprogram.