Author Topic: COGS Season Three, REBIRTH  (Read 44483 times)

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: COGS Season Three, REBIRTH
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 09:13:13 am »
I know Leto was planning on reaching out to see if Urz was interested in helping out. Leto was looking to make a second casting team. But no, Urz is not inheriting cogs.

Let me clarify, we had a meeting last night with a few clans discussing how we'd want to proceed if qwerty ran away again. Urz said he'd rather make a new event than try and run Cogs without qwerty (being the projected producer for season 3). That being said, seeing as how this is qwerty's thing with the community's support, I don't think me, or you, or anyone has the right to decide or dictate who gets to "inherit" cogs, whether it's urz or leto, or anyone else, as no one but qwerty really owns it.

So I think if we are going to proceed down this path, then as a community we need to have complete transparency and openness in the decision making, and agreement of how to proceed and move forward with the event. Just springing this up without talking about it, but making it a definite statement seems a bit brash and presumptuous, as if certain select few individuals are in the back making decisions about an event. How else would we have arrived at a thread decided who will be casting, when this event will happen, and how it will work without any prior discussion. If this is indeed a community event, why was Brick not approached? Why was Urz not approached? They have just as much right as leto, They are the senior commentators and producers, if they say no that's one thing, but it doesn't seem that way. Ideally they'd all work together to do this. I want this to happen as soon as possible, I've hated these delays, but just because qwerty is absent doesn't mean anyone can just pounce on it and say "mine!".

So who is the custodian of cogs while qwerty is absent?  My assumption is that it would be Muse which is why I said "I assume you are working closely with Muse to get this going."

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 09:22:35 am »
I know Leto was planning on reaching out to see if Urz was interested in helping out. Leto was looking to make a second casting team. But no, Urz is not inheriting cogs.

Let me clarify, we had a meeting last night with a few clans discussing how we'd want to proceed if qwerty ran away again. Urz said he'd rather make a new event than try and run Cogs without qwerty (being the projected producer for season 3). That being said, seeing as how this is qwerty's thing with the community's support, I don't think me, or you, or anyone has the right to decide or dictate who gets to "inherit" cogs, whether it's urz or leto, or anyone else, as no one but qwerty really owns it.

So I think if we are going to proceed down this path, then as a community we need to have complete transparency and openness in the decision making, and agreement of how to proceed and move forward with the event. Just springing this up without talking about it, but making it a definite statement seems a bit brash and presumptuous, as if certain select few individuals are in the back making decisions about an event. How else would we have arrived at a thread decided who will be casting, when this event will happen, and how it will work without any prior discussion. If this is indeed a community event, why was Brick not approached? Why was Urz not approached? They have just as much right as leto, They are the senior commentators and producers, if they say no that's one thing, but it doesn't seem that way. Ideally they'd all work together to do this. I want this to happen as soon as possible, I've hated these delays, but just because qwerty is absent doesn't mean anyone can just pounce on it and say "mine!".

So who is the custodian of cogs while qwerty is absent?  My assumption is that it would be Muse which is why I said "I assume you are working closely with Muse to get this going."

I think what he is trying to figure out is wether leto or the ducks are working with muse on this.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 09:32:50 am »
I'm with Byron on this one. I'm pretty fed up at this point with delays and management changes that just seem to happen and we are supposed to just nod our heads and accept. No offence to Leto. I've had a few rounds with him and he's a decent guy, but I have no idea of his track record with running events. We've been waiting since November for this to start, and I have very little confidence anymore that Cogs will be run properly, or without more delays.

Before I just sign up and accept anything, I too would like to know how this decision was reached, why it was reached, and who was involved with it.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 09:38:30 am »
I think we should lead this one out to pasture and let it die. Start something new, fresh start, with community involvement that is a serious competitive scene with regular management.

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 10:30:46 am »
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to step in and explain as much as I can since there seems to be some confusion.

Qwerty was in charge of the cogs and was working with Leto from an organizational stand point.  I was contacted this Monday since Qwerty still hasn't shown up and it's unfair that his absence should stop one of the biggest events we've had.

This means you can blame me for giving the organizational change of face.  Leto has been included since the beginning and the change in command is really just changing who in the car is holding the steering wheel.  To continue the metaphor Qwerty may or may not be in the car.

Leto has done a lot of amazing work both in casting Guns and helping set up the natural selection competitive community. He became a natural choice since Cogs shouldn't be run by any clan, nor by Muse (sorry for the season 2 mistakes!)

As always it is your choice to join his event or not, but I can promise that Leto is serious about this event and making sure everyone has a great time.

My advice?
Join in, play for the day and see how it goes.

If you have any questions I'm sure Leto would be happy to explain in detail if you PM him.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 10:35:20 am »
understandable.
now knowing leto was there all the time brings some logic into my mind now.

by the way, what type of car are we talking about?
rolls royce or steampunk ferrari?

and yes season 2 was a bit chaotic but at least you tried.
can't blame muse for trying.
we blame shinkurex.

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 10:39:05 am »
You always blame Shink :P And why settle for a Steampunk Ferrari when you can have a Steampunk Veyron :P

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 10:40:07 am »
I would buy a steampunk veyron

Offline Letonator

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 01:18:25 pm »
-BIG UPDATE-

We just had a really nice brainstorm session with a few folks, Urz, Gents, Overwatch, Cake, Ducks, and Muse included, and we've decided because there was so much confusion, baggage, and clutter associated with this project that we're going to go ahead and let it pass on, there will not be a S3 of COGS. I'm simply not well known enough in the community yet to flag an event of this size, as much experience or knowledge as there may be on our side, to take this from Qwerty and move forward with it.

Now the good news. In it's place, Urz and I are going to head a new, fresh, constructed from scratch project that will allow everyone to be competative and excited for it. The plan going forward is for Urz to host a few Saturday matches, while we not only put this new, streamlined plan together, as well as gather every major and minor clan lead we can find and present it to you all, then hammer and refine it to a point where we can bring the entire community together over this.

We'll be in contact directly with clan leads and members over what's going on with this project, and we'll post on the forums or somewhere public to notify everyone of the time of the meeting where we all put the finishing touches on this. Urz and I agree that we want this to be the big event that the entire GOIO community can be involved in and never feel excluded or disenfranchised, which is why we're going to be heavily involving the clans and membership in it's creation.

-- Everyone is going to have a say in how this event is structured, we not only need everyone's support for this, but we want it!--

I personally apologize to have tossed everyone around a bit like this, it's not how I wanted to do things, but that's how things happened and I do feel bad for it. We're going to take the time to get this new event done properly, to make it something really special.

Thank you all for your understanding in this situation, and good flying into the future!

Offline Feast on Thrones

• Salutes: 7
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 02:01:52 pm »
-BIG UPDATE-

We just had a really nice brainstorm session with a few folks, Urz, Gents, Overwatch, Cake, Ducks, and Muse included, and we've decided because there was so much confusion, baggage, and clutter associated with this project that we're going to go ahead and let it pass on, there will not be a S3 of COGS. I'm simply not well known enough in the community yet to flag an event of this size, as much experience or knowledge as there may be on our side, to take this from Qwerty and move forward with it.

Now the good news. In it's place, Urz and I are going to head a new, fresh, constructed from scratch project that will allow everyone to be competative and excited for it. The plan going forward is for Urz to host a few Saturday matches, while we not only put this new, streamlined plan together, as well as gather every major and minor clan lead we can find and present it to you all, then hammer and refine it to a point where we can bring the entire community together over this.

We'll be in contact directly with clan leads and members over what's going on with this project, and we'll post on the forums or somewhere public to notify everyone of the time of the meeting where we all put the finishing touches on this. Urz and I agree that we want this to be the big event that the entire GOIO community can be involved in and never feel excluded or disenfranchised, which is why we're going to be heavily involving the clans and membership in it's creation.

-- Everyone is going to have a say in how this event is structured, we not only need everyone's support for this, but we want it!--

I personally apologize to have tossed everyone around a bit like this, it's not how I wanted to do things, but that's how things happened and I do feel bad for it. We're going to take the time to get this new event done properly, to make it something really special.

Thank you all for your understanding in this situation, and good flying into the future!

This has made me so happy. Hopefully all our hard work will come together. Thank you for taking this responsibility on. I am sure it is in the right hands with the community but also with Urz and yourself Leto.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 02:07:26 pm »
The Ducks are overjoyed to see that Urz is working with instead of against Muse, Leto, and the larger community. We'll help however we can.

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 02:26:40 pm »
Overwatch are in full support of this new endeavor and encourage clans to sign up for Urz's current Saturday event the Saturday Box Social to quell those competitive Saturday desires in the meantime.

Offline Feast on Thrones

• Salutes: 7
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 03:29:42 pm »
Can Cogs truly be reborn as in can we keep the name Cogs? For many this will have some baggage attached to. But I really liked the name and I know that others do to. Just a thought

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 06:07:27 pm »
...Now I'm sad. How did all this happen in a day?

I knew Qwerty was having issues, but I didn't think that it was going to lead to the cogs dying again. Why didn't any of the groups involved besides Muse think to contact me?

If the demand is still there for an impartial event, I'm willing to run Cogs S3 rather than let it die due to inactivity and multiple delays. After all, how hard can it be?

Either way, it's still Wednesday, and most of the groundwork has already been done. Expect a match listing up within the next few hours using the existing signups. THE COGS SHALL LIVE ON!

Now we just have to hope Qwerty recovers his voice by Saturday.

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 06:27:22 pm »
Let it go, Swallow.