Author Topic: [WANTED]  (Read 19431 times)

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
[WANTED]
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:53:33 am »
I'm [WANTED] at the moment but I'd still like to display my clan tag, why not have a seperate tag for [WANTED] that succedes the username rather than preceding it, thus allowing clan tags to be displayed regardless of [WANTED] status.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: [WANTED]
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:59:20 am »
That would actually be very nice. I'm not wanted this time, but I found it bothersome last time that I couldn't proudly display my Cakey emblem amongst my brethren.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:10:01 pm »
Agreed, I was wanted last time, and my Proudly Displayed Clantag was not shown, which caused much annoyance and strife.

Offline TheSovietKlondikeBar

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 3
    • [DEC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 10:39:29 pm »
While I do know that this might not be an adequate response, a reason might be that because you're [WANTED], you're considered an outlaw to everyone, including your fellow clan members, thereby superseding your clantag.

Alternatively, it does advertise well. But a (W) could probably do the same thing. With the bold red names and such.

Offline Sir Yosh

• Salutes: 10
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 08:34:34 am »
Agreed, [Clan] Name-WANTED would be nice.

Or, if it's like TheSovietKlondikeBar says and hiding clan tag is on purpose,  then perhaps we could at least have clan tags in player's context menu, opened after clicking on player.

However, please do NOT use clan tags on the WANTED list. There shouldn't be any clan competition in this ranking.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:38:15 am by Sir Yosh »

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 12:26:33 pm »
While I do know that this might not be an adequate response, a reason might be that because you're [WANTED], you're considered an outlaw to everyone, including your fellow clan members, thereby superseding your clantag.

Alternatively, it does advertise well. But a (W) could probably do the same thing. With the bold red names and such.

"including your fellow clan members"

if they are your fellow clan members then they will recognise you.
If you are a bounty then you have agreed being hunted by everyone, even your friends and fellow clan members.

Offline TheSovietKlondikeBar

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 3
    • [DEC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 12:17:27 am »
Well, the problem with having the [WANTED] emblem go after your name, you might have people (such as mwah) that have such a ridiculously long name that it won't display properly in, say, match lobbies, without adjusting the text of the name to a painfully small font.

I do agree with Sir Yosh's idea on having it so that once you examine a player's profile you can see his clan...alignment/allegiance. However, I would be surprised if this was not already implemented. (I'd go check myself, but atm I don't have access to the actual game, so I float around the forums like some spirit of the benevolent type.)

As to Coldcurse, yea that's the general gist. Everyone, disregarding past ties, will hunt you if you're [WANTED].

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 06:55:31 am »
how about CA status also being a suffixed tag [CLAN] username [CA]

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 08:43:09 am »
GeoRmr, Jacob Fii, macmacnick, this post is totally dedicated to you guys.
I will explain to you why I think your suggestion/idea is an unnecesary thought in a minigame that is based on individuals.

how about CA status also being a suffixed tag [CLAN] username [CA]
Well it's only for 2 days, After those days it will turn back to normal. I don't really see the problem in not being able to see if you're a CA or part of an clan.
You agreed that you want to become wanted and showing that you are CA or being part of a clan doesn't matter. Being hunted means people will hunt you, even if you are CA or a clanmember.
Is there anything you get if people know that you are CA and part of a clan? Answer: No.
When you are a good CA then people will recognise you but still hunt you.
If you're a known player then people will recognise you but still hunt you.
Ofcourse your own clan will know you and might help you to get more points but they also have the possibillity to hunt you down for their own profit.

Before they implemented "Wanted" as clantag, they had to put it in your name by hand because back then there was no automatic system to assign you the "wanted status", when muse had to edit names alot of time this would result in players not having their full name displayed.
Now they use "Wanted"as clantag to solve that problem and not having to edit player names by hand.

For me this topic is all about status, titles and people who can't live without them.

When you have red the rules you will read that you are only Wanted in the weekend, this means saturday and sunday.
If you can't live 2 days without your clan tag or CA color, then I strongly suggest you send an email to Muse and ask them to make a skype call with you to explain how this "wanted" system works.

If you for example look at someone else's post, like this one.
Agreed, [Clan] Name-WANTED would be nice.

Or, if it's like TheSovietKlondikeBar says and hiding clan tag is on purpose,  then perhaps we could at least have clan tags in player's context menu, opened after clicking on player.

However, please do NOT use clan tags on the WANTED list. There shouldn't be any clan competition in this ranking.
You will notice that there are actually people that understand why your clan tag or shiny CA status isn't being shown.

And if you still don't know why your clan tag or CA title/color isn't important when being on the wanted list, I have something to tell you.
We don't care who you are, what you are or where you are from. You have points on your name, and we will kill you for those.

In a simple way of putting this all in a short version:
Clan tags and/or CA statusses are unimportant if it's only for 2 days. You will be too busy trying not to lose and gain points as people will fight you and try to kill you for your points.

The Wanted minigame is an individual minigame. everyone is on his own, there is no use for you to have your clan tag and/or CA title shown. 

Conclusion:
If you are too proud about your clantag and/or CA title, not wanting it replaced by a red color with the text "Wanted" for 2 full days.
Then follow this suggestion.

Then don't become Wanted.
I hope I answerd your suggestion/idea in this post.
I don't want to sound rude, but seing this post.
Agreed, I was wanted last time, and my Proudly Displayed Clantag was not shown, which caused much annoyance and strife.
This means you don't understand that the Wanted list is based on individuals.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:50:17 am by Coldcurse »

Offline Ernest Wolf

• Salutes: 5
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile page.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 12:25:15 pm »
Yes, agreed. But, you gotta respect the red color on your nickname... it looks furious!

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 01:07:14 pm »
Coldcurse, this retort is entirely directed at you.
I will explain to you why I think the points you made were invalid. I also find your post to be an  unnecessarily malign wall of text, and am concerned as to how my (perhaps naive) post caused such a heated response.

Firstly I would like to point out that the wanted minigame lasts for two weeks, not two days.

Wanted status is not something you earn, it is merely a display to show that you are currently participating in a biweekly minigame, the purpose of which is to obtain a vanity item showing that you won said minigame. I am as vain about the prize as I am about my clantag; I care little for the status of being [WANTED].

You asked if there is anything to be gained from people knowing that you are a CA.  The CA gains nothing, but by knowing that someone is a CA promotes courteous behaviour and friendliness in CA occupied lobbies. If you feel this is not valid please read the following counter questions: Why then do CA's have a yellow name in the text chat? Why then do CA's have an exclusive badge to put on their profile? Why then do CA's have exclusive access to the clantag [CA]?

Where there may be nothing gained from wearing a clan tag, wearing the tag of a distinguished clan indeed does hold recognisable  gravitas, more so than the displayed player levels. This helps other players to recognise such issues as "Lobby Stacking" something this community has various strong opinions about. As an individual, a person may not be a known player, but as part of a team all wearing multiple tags even of relatively unknown clans shows that the team is more likely to be organised and dangerous.

Lastly I would like to pose the question based on your valid point that the wanted minigame is about individuals. Why then should this infringe upon the team aspect of playing within the GOI community? I see no reason why playing the wanted minigame should be mutually exclusive to advertising your position amongst a clan.

If there is no purpose to wearing a clan tag, or people seeing a clantag; If nobody cares who you are, what you are, or where you're from; then why Coldcurse, do you have the hypocritical audacity to display your own [TFD] clantag?

REALLY BIG SARCASTIC TEXT ISN'T RUDE. HONEST.

I hope I was succinct enough, but seeing this post:
GeoRmr, Jacob Fii, macmacnick, this post is totally dedicated to you guys.
I will explain to you why I think your suggestion/idea is an unnecesary thought in a minigame that is based on individuals.

Really irritated me.
Also, you spelt unnecessary wrongly.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:17:32 pm by GeoRmr »

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 04:07:51 pm »
[clan]name-WANTED[ca] - lol

how long a name do you want :D

this is where I would draw the line of attention w****

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 04:22:05 pm »
We should try to keep this discussion civil.

The big old [Wanted] might not even be necessary. In a lobby, your role icon is red if you're wanted, and in the text chat, it shouldn't even matter if it shows. There's always the bounty board to help track down who and where the big bounties are.

As for the CA yellow, that's mostly to help players recognize them as a CA, someone who's there to help and answer questions.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 03:08:41 am »
If a CA becomes wanted, they will still be shown in the CA list on the social tab.
I don't see the problem here.
even if it's 2 weeks, you have chosen to become wanted.

As for the CA yellow, that's mostly to help players recognize them as a CA, someone who's there to help and answer questions.

You don't always need an CA to answer your questions. The community is kind enough to answer your questions if you just ask.
Saying "Someone who's there to help and answer questions" is something I would call a "Regular player".

"Why then do CA's have a yellow name in the text chat? Why then do CA's have an exclusive badge to put on their profile? Why then do CA's have exclusive access to the clantag [CA]?"
CA is short for community ambassador, these are people being chosen by muse themself to actually help the community more by keeping an eye out on the forum and more actively looking for bugs and other malfunctions in the game. the CA players help other players and answer their question.
now compared to a regular player with a nice attitude:
Regular players answer questions of other players if they simply ask. Regular players don't look as much on the forums as an CA but will keep the community standards in mind if they post something. If a Regular player has found a bug or a malfunction in the game, he would post this in "help and support".
My conclusion:"
Because you earned your place in the CA group just indicates you take things more seriously. I do apreciate the work of CA's and I also am applying for it. I just can't think how things will be different if your CA status isnt shown in-game or on the forum. You still own the same power on the forum, You still answer questions of other players, You still do the same things as before. If you look at your social tab, you will see that your CA badge is still there.

"If there is no purpose to wearing a clan tag, or people seeing a clantag; If nobody cares who you are, what you are, or where you're from; then why Coldcurse, do you have the hypocritical audacity to display your own [TFD] clantag?"
Well you got me wrong there.
I'm just telling you that when you signed up for being wanted, there will be no mercy for you. people will see your wanted status and most of those people want your points. When I see a wanted person in my game lobby, I simply don't care if I'm fighting with him or against him.

"Lastly I would like to pose the question based on your valid point that the wanted minigame is about individuals. Why then should this infringe upon the team aspect of playing within the GOI community? I see no reason why playing the wanted minigame should be mutually exclusive to advertising your position amongst a clan."
If you want to advertise your clan just use voice chat as you enter the game. I always start of with the line "Hi, I'm Coldcurse, also known as leader of The Flying Dutchmen, I will be your pilot for this match.". And you also got the forums>Docks to advertise your clan. You're also not the only one wearing your clantag, there should be other clanmembers in your clan.

"Where there may be nothing gained from wearing a clan tag, wearing the tag of a distinguished clan indeed does hold recognisable  gravitas, more so than the displayed player levels. This helps other players to recognise such issues as "Lobby Stacking" something this community has various strong opinions about. As an individual, a person may not be a known player, but as part of a team all wearing multiple tags even of relatively unknown clans shows that the team is more likely to be organised and dangerous."
You can also see what level the wanted person is, a wanted player of all level 1 would look less dangerous compared to someone like N-Sunderland. I never said anything about wanted players playing solo. I only mentioned that the wanted minigame is based on a point system that is linked to the wins and losses of the individual player that signed up as a wanted person. Ofcourse to earn those points you have to win against the team where the wanted player is in. You don't need to have clan tags displayed to be dangerous. In my opinion a clan tag is actually an indicator of what group you are in, a clan tag will not tell others if you are good or bad. Take the ducks for example, they have an amount of members to fill alot of games. Just seeing that someone has a DUCK clantag doesn't tell me if he's good or bad, If i know that player then i will recognise him by name and not by tag. (sorry for using the ducks as an example.)

and on top of that.
I find your indication of my typo unnecessary.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 03:29:56 am »
Does the goi lobby support different fonts? If so, wanted peoples names could just be written in a western-style font without any color or tag changes and without increasing the length of the name.