Author Topic: Able to spectate or join Novice Matches as a Training progression unlock  (Read 5463 times)

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
I was talking to a level 8 player today who wanted to be able to spectate a Novice match today to help out some friends who have just bought the game.  I think it is sounds like something that should be allowed.

It might need to be unlocked
  • Reach a certain Training achievement and you are allowed to spectate novice matches
  • Aquire all Training achievements and you can play in novice matches

This may require new achievements in Training such as 'Receive commendations from Novice matches while spectating' and 'Receive commendations from Trainers while spectating novice matches'.  You could also add achievements for things like participating in an organised training match.  The achievements would have to be good enough to not be gameable and also towards conduct and skills that a trainer should possess.

A Trainer would be classed as one of the current Trainers that participates in and organises training matches as well as players who have completed all Training achievements.

This would be very hard to get right, so does anyone have any ideas or thoughts about how this could work?

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Able to spectate or join Novice Matches as a Training progression unlock
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 09:25:43 am »
Typically, back when Training days were active, if I needed a non-CA to assist me, I'd just notify Keyvias... There was talk about doing something you're thinking about, but Idk if that was put on the back-burner for other things. A system like that could be easy to exploit though, you'd have to restrict those high lvls to spectator only... or something like that

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 10:25:36 am »
I think there was something like that with the teaching program. We actually do have some teachers who are non-CA's able to join novice matches. An automated system might be a little easier, but then it's far more open to abuse.

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 11:56:55 am »
I believe a Dev I was talking to yesterday mentioned bringing this up to Howard when I asked if it was a possibility. We might see the ability to enter games as Spectators eventually.  :D

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 05:20:35 pm »
I think maybe at least Trainers and CA or CA Mods should be able to invite other high level players into Novice matches you are in.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 11:17:49 pm »
People interested in training can still contact Keyvias for trainer status to help out our newest players.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how but I believe there is a way to invite higher level players into level locked matches.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 12:14:05 am »
I'm not entirely sure how but I believe there is a way to invite higher level players into level locked matches.

I have not heard of that existing before, but it sounds like it could be a good idea if there was a was to stop it from being abused (like everything else here).