Author Topic: Art meta is boring  (Read 91163 times)

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: Art meta is boring
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2014, 01:43:59 pm »
For a brief time, I was slightly against the current artemis stats, but honestly the end result is that I agree with the OP, but in a different way than he intends. Art meta is boring, but I find it that way because you have 3 of the same gun, and your counter is going to be the same. You don't get any better, and it honestly isn't that challenging to go up against. Pop a balloon and get directly above the artemis ship and you can 2v1 pretty effectively.
Realistically, 3 of the same gun will never be as effective as a mix of guns. I fear double artemis-hades significantly more. You suddenly get upwards arcs, armor piercing, balloon damage, fire, etc.

I don't think artemis are overpowered. Overused? Certainly. But stick a bunch of artemi together and its sorta boring and easy to counter. You are only ever thinking up strategies to counter one build.

Now mine launcher-carronade on either side of a junker. That is terrifying.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2014, 03:15:56 pm »
Erm... Apologies. I read through a little of the other artemis thread. There is already a lot of discussion on how to counter effectively etc. Don't really need to continue that discussion (with me at least). We will just have to see what happens in the next update.  :)

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2014, 12:55:01 pm »
Those interested in testing Artemis proposed changes.  There are a series of blind tests (super duper scientific stuff) on dev app.  I encourage everyone to get into dev app (ask keyvias@musegames.com for access) and get testing and post their feedback.

Thanks

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2014, 05:05:30 pm »
glad to see everything is just as I left it;  "you want to counter long range? well then bring long range duh..."  back to leaving it...

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2014, 05:10:55 pm »
We 5-0ed the Gents on Dunes by charging their two triple art Junkers last Saturday.

Offline Frogger

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2014, 05:24:33 pm »
glad to see everything is just as I left it;  "you want to counter long range? well then bring long range duh..."  back to leaving it...

Aw, c'mon Mav. It's really not like that. And I don't think it ever was, honestly. Like Sammy said, just two days ago we solidly defeated one of the toughest long range teams in the game with coordinated rushing. And rushing is how the RAFT beat the Paddling, whom many regard as the unparalleled long range team of GoIO.

It all hinges on the details - ships, builds, map awareness, timing, gun & repair discipline.

Get back in the game already! You've been gone too long :)

---

Addendum: I will agree with you a little, actually - from between 1.3.2 to the 1.3.3 hotfix, close range was seriously hamstrung by the overly nerfed gat. The 1.3.3 hotfix fixed that, however.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 05:27:00 pm by Frogger »

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2014, 05:29:58 pm »
I've seen and I still don't know how exactly how that happened XD

Addendum: hades still deals more damage than gat - it will be absolutely op if some speciffic ammo types come into game (not at liberty to discuss into further details).

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2014, 11:22:08 pm »
Actually hades does not deal more damage to armor than gat. Gat has a much higher armor DPs and though it lacks fire it has the ability to knock out guns and engines.

Offline Frogger

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2014, 11:37:32 pm »
Smollett is correct. To corroborate, the hades will yield a DPS of 68.86 over 10 clips, while the gatling yields 76.34.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2014, 11:43:00 am »
Wait, doesn't the gat do something like 17-ish damage per shot?

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2014, 04:11:47 pm »
Nothing against the teams, but after watching and attempting to commentate on four and a half hours of the gents pewpewing artemis, I'm ready for something new. Patch can't come fast enough.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
Re: Art meat is bong
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2014, 05:42:37 pm »
Wait, doesn't the gat do something like 17-ish damage per shot?

Muse said they nerfed the gating gun to go from 10 dmg per shot to 7.5 dmg like 2 updates ago, and then I think cut it's range in half (cries). Still though, get up close with greased rounds loaded and quickly fire 80 rounds into their hull which does around 600 damage, which is about the HP of the armor on most ships. Firing an entire Gatling clip takes about 8 seconds + if you have mortar on standby that fires when the armor is down its about 5 seconds until they die - if the enemy doesn't have any engineers on the hull then the Gat-Mortar combo can kill most ships in about 13 seconds.. or possibly less.

So the nerfing didn't make it UP atoll.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2014, 09:56:12 pm »
The Gattling does 7.5 piercing damage and 10 shatter damage per shot.  With proper modifiers applied it deals 13.25 damage per shot.

Hitting a full 80 shot clip into an enemy deals a whopping 1060 armor damage.  Just enough to break the armor of any ship in the game even if it's been repaired with a mallet.  Buffs, spanner nursing, explosive assists, focus fire and other high level techniques change the equation but it's essentially a guaranteed armor break if close enough to the enemy.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
Art meta is boring
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2014, 01:33:29 am »
Art meta is boring

Offline Mithron

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2014, 01:20:52 pm »
I told you all it was boring, OP and needed nerfs. I was right and you were wrong.