Author Topic: Official Rule Suggestion Page  (Read 45303 times)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Official Rule Suggestion Page
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 04:53:07 pm »

Each victory against a Competitive Team is worth 1 point for the victorious Team. It does not matter if the match is an organized Skirmish, or a tournament of any kind. If both sides are competitive teams, then a Skirmish point may be claimed. Any Skirmish is worth 1 point; however, if a team of lower Rank defeats a higher Rank team, an extra “underdog” point may be claimed, meaning that a maximum of 2 points can be awarded per Competitive Match.

RANKED LADDER
The Ladder is made up 3 tiers,
Tier 3 - Elite - is 17+Points
Tier 2 - Competitor - 8 to 16 Points
Tier 1 - Newcomer - 0 to 7 Points

POINT LIMIT
Each week, each team can earn a maximum of 3 Points with an exception for “underdog” points. An Official Skirmish week begins at 12 a.m. EST Monday, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST Sunday, at which point the Standings are updated.

LADDER UNDERDOG POINTS
An extra underdog point is given to victories against higher tier teams meaning if a team in T1 wins against a team in T2 the victory is worth 3 points, and the same T1 team wins against a team in T3 the victory is then worth 4 points.

Just a bit of inconsistency in these parts.  The point limit is listed at 3 points per weak but I believe you wanted it to be 4?

Also I'm not sure how great it is to give a team the ability to earn as many as 4 extra points from an underdog win.  Does that mean a T1 team could earn as many as 16 points in one weak from beating 4 tier 3 teams?  The wording is a bit vague on this.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 04:55:01 pm »
can I ask to remove squid racing from the list of skirmishes.

I don't think it's valid to use as a point skirmish as long as it's not a ingame supported gamemode.

I disagree entirely, I think all points should be earned from squid racing only, I'm entirely against the murdering of airships and I think we can all agree racing to be a much more peaceful way to resolve interclan differences.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 05:00:38 pm »
I love you Smollett.

Anyways. I had another suggestion.

when winning team gets a point for a win, I think it could be a good idea to give the losing team some sort of participation point. be it 0,25 or 0,5 points to add to their score.

Why?

because an active team that plays 20 games and though loses all 20, atleast in my eyes have worked for it and deserves to be in the tournament more than a team who played 3 games and gets invited.

also it would be a major boost to teams to start scrimmaging if they get points just for doing it.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 05:25:14 pm »
But i fear if the gap between win and loose is that close you can farm yourself quite easily into the tournament without even winning.

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 05:45:15 pm »
But i fear if the gap between win and loose is that close you can farm yourself quite easily into the tournament without even winning.

could be something like every week you can only earn loser points up to 1 point or something like that.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 06:31:36 pm »
I get what Skrim is saying, a team that puts itself forward and loses should have some kind of advantage over a team that didn't participate at all that week. What if each team that participates in at least one game in the week gets a point, but only the one point per week.

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 02:12:46 am »
Rules changed:

Removed skirmish ladder.  Makes it simpler and there's still the extra point if they're higher than you.

Added a participation point.  So an extra point per week to every team that is part of a skirmish. (not affected by weekly cap)

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 02:50:57 am »
can we go all in on 1 match so we earn 3 points immidiatly?

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 04:19:33 am »
I get what Skrim is saying, a team that puts itself forward and loses should have some kind of advantage over a team that didn't participate at all that week. What if each team that participates in at least one game in the week gets a point, but only the one point per week.

its easier to keep an eye on and fair to both winning and losing team. good idea.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 09:09:14 am »
There is a big difference between "I don't want to show up this week to stay safe" vs "Most of my crew is gone this week so better just come back next week."

Not a fan of participation points.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:11:25 am by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 09:15:46 am »
There is a big difference between "I don't want to show up this week to stay safe" vs "Most of my crew is gone this week so better just come back next week."

Not a fan of participation points.
me neither

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 09:27:59 am »
Competitive TEAM (Team): Team scores are tracked in the competitive scene and they are fighting for that slot in the The Fabria Conclusion. The top ten teams will be tracked here. A team is simply a captain applying for events, tournaments, and gathering a roster.  There is no minimum or maximum size on a team. For events with prizes there is a maximum of four substitutes as far as prizes are concerned. Team captains should officially register for competitive play by sending an email to Competitive@musegames.com with their team name.

You need a minimum of 8, else you risk getting bogged down by the lone guy saying he's got his buddies all ready and they just clog the registration when they never show up. If we want more real competitive teams out there, we have to set some kind of precedent.

NO-SHOWS AND FORFEITURE
1. Both teams and the referee are expected to gather and coordinate at least fifteen minutes before the scheduled start time for the match.
2. If a team cannot assemble its roster five minutes before the scheduled start time, that team must either forfeit or go "as-is" with AI crew.
3. If the referee does not show at least fifteen minutes before the scheduled start time for the match, then both sides must agree to either wait for the referee to arrive, agree upon a CA to be chosen as a new referee, or
4. If the referee does not show and a compromise on waiting OR on a new referee cannot be reached, the match will not occur and may be rescheduled.

2. Seems like a fairly harsh rule to expect. I realize you want people to be on time, but rarely has this been an issue, and I'd probably go tell someone to pack sand if they said I had to use ai crew because my guy went for a leak 5 min before a match. Just say 5 min after the start time instead. You get the same message across at a much less likely point of enforcement.

4. Is this saying a ref is required for all matches? I hope you have a healthy pool of ref's then. If I jump through hoops to schedule a match, only for it to be for nothing because the ref decides to not show, I can't imagine the rage. Surely we as a community have shown we are capable of fair play and can send in screens if no ref is available.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 09:56:45 am »
I can attest that nothing is more enraging than having all players ready for a game but have it delayed excessively because of a late third party. If you got the teams present and ready to go, then let them play, especially in the context of skirmishes.

Also I really hope a ref doesn't need to be present at all games.

Offline Orangey

• Salutes: 5
    • [WDNG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 10:52:40 am »

Each victory against a Competitive Team is worth 1 point for the victorious Team. It does not matter if the match is an organized Skirmish, or a tournament of any kind. If both sides are competitive teams, then a Skirmish point may be claimed. Any Skirmish is worth 1 point; however, if a team of lower Rank defeats a higher Rank team, an extra “underdog” point may be claimed, meaning that a maximum of 2 points can be awarded per Competitive Match.

RANKED LADDER
The Ladder is made up 3 tiers,
Tier 3 - Elite - is 17+Points
Tier 2 - Competitor - 8 to 16 Points
Tier 1 - Newcomer - 0 to 7 Points

POINT LIMIT
Each week, each team can earn a maximum of 3 Points with an exception for “underdog” points. An Official Skirmish week begins at 12 a.m. EST Monday, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST Sunday, at which point the Standings are updated.

LADDER UNDERDOG POINTS
An extra underdog point is given to victories against higher tier teams meaning if a team in T1 wins against a team in T2 the victory is worth 3 points, and the same T1 team wins against a team in T3 the victory is then worth 4 points.

Just a bit of inconsistency in these parts.  The point limit is listed at 3 points per weak but I believe you wanted it to be 4?

Also I'm not sure how great it is to give a team the ability to earn as many as 4 extra points from an underdog win.  Does that mean a T1 team could earn as many as 16 points in one weak from beating 4 tier 3 teams?  The wording is a bit vague on this.

If a new clan or a clan without points is able to beat 4 clans that have that many points (meaning those would be among THE BEST in the game) then i think it would only be fair if they would gain points a lot quicker. So they would catch up to the tier they belong in.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2013, 04:57:19 pm »
this point system really confuses me.