Author Topic: ~Ghost Airships & Nighttime~  (Read 24307 times)

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
~Ghost Airships & Nighttime~
« on: November 27, 2013, 11:41:34 pm »
Adventure Mode should have Ghost Airships flying around at night (If there is a night/day difference), which I believe there should be. It could be glowly.. and translucent. Drifting slowly in the distant darkness over a... castle or dark forest.

Offline Nidh

• Salutes: 16
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: ~Ghost Airships & Nighttime~
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 01:00:36 am »
Ghost-Ship themed skins would be cool, for the ships and characters

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 03:01:33 am »
I doubt ghost ships would fit with the lore, since that would imply the presence of supernatural forces.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 12:22:35 pm »
Or LSD.

Offline Parkourwalrus

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »
I doubt ghost ships would fit with the lore, since that would imply the presence of supernatural forces.

But what if they're just pirate ships coated with phosphorus to scare  the superstitious Arashi military away from pirate raids by making them (the raids) seem supernatural.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 02:35:46 pm »

But what if they're just pirate ships coated with phosphorus to scare  the superstitious Arashi military away from pirate raids by making them (the raids) seem supernatural.

I think Arashi are far too down-to-earth to believe in superstition. Also, I doubt phosphorous would be in anywhere near such a supply as for pirates to coat their ships in it.

Offline Parkourwalrus

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 02:45:00 pm »

I think Arashi are far too down-to-earth to believe in superstition. Also, I doubt phosphorous would be in anywhere near such a supply as for pirates to coat their ships in it.
They're pirates, who, with the original plunder from the Arashi ship they mutinied from, bought enough phosphorus to plague the superstitious Angeleans/chaladonians/Insert_Faction_Here, as I do not believe they are that scientifically advanced (the Angeeans) as they are raiders, who only use technology that helps them plunder.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 03:29:28 pm »
Possibly make it a super rare event that Muse never seems to directly address.

Everybody loves a good ghost story.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 03:42:08 pm »
i like having a ghost ship

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 04:00:10 pm »

Possibly make it a super rare event that Muse never seems to directly address.

Everybody loves a good ghost story.

Perhaps one already exsists

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 12:04:29 am »
Well, you could Scooby Doo it up and have some cheeky jokester in a ghosty pirate mask projecting an image of a ghost ship on clouds.

"And I would have gotten away with it too, if you weren't for you kids and your stupid Barking Dog!"

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 07:23:41 am »

Totally agree with that.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 07:43:46 am »
Nighttime would be great. Would make more use of the onboard lanterns and make it a bit more risky to fly at night.

Ghostships i think are a bit too much for the lore too. I mean legends, stories etc ok but actual ones. no.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 08:09:50 am »

Its a game with airships and even larger airships that shouldn't even be able to fly duking it out in the air. Plus sailors are often superstitious folk. I'd imagine there would be sorts of stories. Specially when you have wreaks of giant airships on landscapes.

A ghost ship story here or there would be reasonable. However, I'd expect to find them more prominent up in Anglea or Firnfeld. If its at a high enough latitude where auroras happen then mix that into those areas with all sorts of weird tech being scrounged up and you'd have some real possible ghost ships. Likely used to put fear in the hearts of people up there. Automotons are mentioned in Anglean lore. Not the kind you think but if you look up automotons made during the turn of the century and earlier, there was some very complex ones made.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 09:36:28 pm »