Author Topic: What are the priorities on new content?  (Read 8631 times)

Offline Jinrai

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
What are the priorities on new content?
« on: March 12, 2013, 02:29:52 pm »
Just a quick question. I was wondering what Muse sees as a priority when it comes to adding content.
Does the focus lie on making more ships while balancing meta, are there any new weapons in the pipeline,
or is there more time spent on getting Adventure Mode out now?

I'm just curious what kind of updates will be launched in the future, and what the priorities are.

Ty in advance for answering :)

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Re: What are the priorities on new content?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 04:24:39 pm »
We've already had a sneaky hint of at least one new weapon to come, although it's now been removed from its accidental appearance on the weapons table.

Hopefully the priority for the current game is stability and fixing the bugs introduced whilst fixing the demand-associated problems, and for new features Adventure Mode.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:44:18 pm »
By God, bugs first.  I feel like the sales were a massive missed opportunity, giving off such a bad impression with such major game-crashing bugs.  How often have you added someone to your friend's list, listening to them talk during a match just to suddenly be cut off and disconnect, never to be seen again?

Offline Dr. Crash

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 12:58:40 pm »
By God, bugs first.  I feel like the sales were a massive missed opportunity, giving off such a bad impression with such major game-crashing bugs.  How often have you added someone to your friend's list, listening to them talk during a match just to suddenly be cut off and disconnect, never to be seen again?

I've been reading this forum for some time now, but this is my first post.
I can't agree with you more. I bought four copies of the game at the last steam sale. Kept one for myself and gave the rest to my friends. We all liked the game very much, but all the bugs, lags and crashing problems were just to much for two of us. Have to restart the game after each match was a HUGE gamebreaker. It got better and more ... tolerable now.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 03:51:25 pm »
This is the order of priorities

• Bug fixing (we break shit all the time, it sucks and we're sorry)
  • Balance revision (if nothing dramatic is done, that's good, but I fuck shit up all the time so :P )
  • Meta restructure via weapon or ship introduction (will require another balance revision, of course.  Ships haven't made an appearance due to reworking of ship customization and performance constraints to allow for cosmetic customization)
  • Maps (less balancing required but takes a long time to create assets and test them)

That's more or less how we roll.  A lot of stuff requires time from engineering so more complicated features are always last until bugs are fixed.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 10:20:52 pm »
  • Balance revision (if nothing dramatic is done, that's good, but I fuck shit up all the time so :P )

I would like to refer you to Community Standard #1: No profanity or obscenity.

http://gunsoficarus.com/community-standards/

Maybe I'll tell Jess to ban you :P

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 10:27:09 pm »
I personally would love new ships and guns. If one had priority- I'd have to suggest ships.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 10:54:33 pm »
I personally would love new ships and guns. If one had priority- I'd have to suggest ships.

Guns isn't that big of a deal.  For now, with our damage types, I think I've covered almost all the potential useful scenarios.  There are definitely a few still out there that we can toy with but  not without upsetting a bunch of stuff.  For more unique guns, it requires engineering time (major feature request).  However, one is closing in: the mine launcher.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 12:28:19 am »

Shoot, I've gotten two warnings already and I can't use the Poop Deck Pricker anymore and he's just cursing up a storm, making my virgin ears bleed.

'Course we COULD just relax the rules a bit...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:45:43 am by Helmic »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 08:09:01 am »

Shoot, I've gotten two warnings already and I can't use the Poop Deck Pricker anymore and he's just cursing up a storm, making my virgin ears bleed.

'Course we COULD just relax the rules a bit...

I don't know about your warnings, but I was just joking about awkm. People can swear as long as they aren't attacking anybody.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 04:34:40 pm »
I know, and that's common sense.  I just wish that was applied to everyone in general instead of pretending we don't make cock jokes in the lobby whenever possible.