Author Topic: Fog Goggles! Get them Now!  (Read 15273 times)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Fog Goggles! Get them Now!
« on: November 14, 2013, 03:50:59 pm »
HAVE YOU TROUBLE WITH CLOUDS?

DO YOU WANT TO USE A CLOUD TO ITS FULL INTENT?

THEN GET The Steam Particle View Goggles!!!

These goggles give you vision from the cloud that you are in yourself! So that even if you are at the very edge of a cloud, the fog that blocks your vision is not there! Well... with these goggle anyway! You still may not be able to see thru your own cloud because it may be thicker than you think. You can only see thru the very cloud you are in, and not thru the second or third or any other cloud that you are not in.

Here are some feedback from our customers!

Crafeksterty: I havent even tried it yett, does not even exist.

See?! It does not even exist!

[So what do you guys think? A slot that disables the fog for you from being inside a cloud when you equip it. Alot of times i want to be all stealthy with the clouds but denied because i cant even see them. The only problem with this is i dont know what it can break if it is allowed]

Offline Locutus of borg

• Salutes: 7
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Fog Goggles! Get them Now!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:15:20 pm »
so this would be pilots tool?

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 11:40:12 pm »
I guess, if it where anything else, it would be... well not very used. It could be an engineer item. Not that good of an engineer tool.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 12:16:30 am »
I actually really like this idea, it would enable more stealthy sneaky gameplay. I'm imagining an awesome scenario where my squid stalks an oblivious pyramidion and gets into carronade range without the pya having a clue it's there :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:20:40 am by Omniraptor »

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 10:39:03 am »
I want a pair of frog goggles.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 11:05:17 am »
I actually really like this idea, it would enable more stealthy sneaky gameplay. I'm imagining an awesome scenario where my squid stalks an oblivious pyramidion and gets into carronade range without the pya having a clue it's there :D
Except you're forgetting that it would also be used to counter stealth.

Like, completely.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 04:14:06 pm »
I kind of like the idea. Clouds can be fun, but their advantage is diminished when you enter them and realize that you can't see anything either. However, the stealth advantage they offer can be negated by a simple flare gun, which reveals everything in the cloud, but doesn't let you see further out of it.

Some other type of tool that lets you see further in the cloud, or even through the cloud would be really beneficial when inside clouds themselves. Depending on how it works, it could be balanced. For instance the flare gun can be massively beneficial for finding enemies in clouds, however it can also reveal yourself in the clouds, making it a double edged sword.

If the goggles make the cloud you're in 'vanish' to you, you'd be able to see through it fine, but it'd be a lot harder to tell when you're in the cloud or near the cloud edge. Meaning that while you can you see just fine, you might end up in a situation where you think the enemy can't see you, when really they can see you just fine. And if it was a pilot item, it would end up using a pilot item slot. This means that while you can see inside of clouds fine, you're less maneuverable than you could be; since you had to leave behind your hydrogen, claw, tar, or whatever.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 11:16:01 pm »
You know what, Spyglasses should Not be in the captain's slot! There should be a Single Miscellaneous Omni-Class Slot for Spyglasses, Fog Goggles, Pistols, and other amazing new items!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 11:24:59 pm by Grey-Wolf Jack »

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 03:48:24 am »
True, forward to his post if you want to discuss that

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 04:04:13 pm »
grey wolf please leave your spamming of "ideas" in one thread let's not have them overflow into others.

However I do like the idea of the goggles for the cloud you're in. And i do believe it would have to be a captains tool

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 04:54:54 pm »
I made that post before I made my omni-class item thread, it was this thread that partially inspired me to make my thread after noticing a demand for that type of thing, and I hardly consider saying something twice to be spamming. 3rd times the charm.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 05:01:09 pm by Grey-Wolf Jack »

Offline Spareblend

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 04:48:58 am »
I would really want a pair of dat goggles

Offline Sylas Firehammer

• Salutes: 2
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 02:40:20 pm »
It's an interesting idea, but I think it would just negate the whole need for clouds. Competitive ships could always just have one person bring a pair of goggles to either increase or counter a stealth aspect. Sacrificing a Spyglass on board is really not a huge deal. But the implementation of fog goggles would definitely negate the entire effect that clouds have.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 02:52:38 pm »
In theory it would only work on the cloud you're in. Normally you can't see anything while inside a cloud, although as you near the edge, enemies can actually see you through it. Then if they pop a flare into it, you still can't see through the cloud (although you can see inside of it); again making it easier to attack from the outside of the cloud.

The goggles would address that by making it easier to attack from within the cloud. Letting you see through it, so you can attack outward. If you're outside the cloud and put the goggles on, you'd just see cloud, as it only helps you look through the cloud you're currently in. You still have to worry about drifting too far towards the edge of the cloud, and flares of course.

Essentially it makes improves the stealth gameplay, making it easier to sneak up on enemies instead of flying blind and hoping they're at the other end. And it'd still be easily countered by the flare gun, or even just hiding in a different cloud.

Offline Sylas Firehammer

• Salutes: 2
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 04:51:36 pm »
In theory it would only work on the cloud you're in. Normally you can't see anything while inside a cloud, although as you near the edge, enemies can actually see you through it. Then if they pop a flare into it, you still can't see through the cloud (although you can see inside of it); again making it easier to attack from the outside of the cloud.

The goggles would address that by making it easier to attack from within the cloud. Letting you see through it, so you can attack outward. If you're outside the cloud and put the goggles on, you'd just see cloud, as it only helps you look through the cloud you're currently in. You still have to worry about drifting too far towards the edge of the cloud, and flares of course.

Essentially it makes improves the stealth gameplay, making it easier to sneak up on enemies instead of flying blind and hoping they're at the other end. And it'd still be easily countered by the flare gun, or even just hiding in a different cloud.

That's interesting in this case! If it is possible to have it like you said that has a cool possibility. However I still worry that every ship will be bringing some goggles and it would just be a way so that everyone can find a way to see outside of the clouds.